1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Joey Dorsey Murrays worst signing ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

people all over dorseys ass. this is our 15th man. He almost got cut. Sorry he isn't an elite backup center.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't think he was meant to be the 15th man when we signed him. And we could really use an elite backup center.

That dunk attempt was funny though.

3. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I think all teams could use an elite backup center. We had one last year, and he complained, a lot. They are extremely difficult to come by.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b3jN5i_-ges?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

ummmm. D-Mo does suck

1 person likes this.
  6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I love Black's energy but are the Rockets ever going to get a legit back-up big man under Morey?? Yes we've had Mutombo, Camby & Asik, but the first one was basically a last resort for Morey since he didn't even want to re-sign him at first. Camby was great for half a season and Asik came here to be our first option.

Not to mention that Deke, Camby and even others like Brad Miller who were legtimitate bigs were old and on offense could not really provide much (above the rim) at that point in their careers. Besides these, we've had undersized, under the rim players who belong in the d-league or worse. I had nothing against Hayes, Greg Smith or even Black, but it's time we get some size. Look at Wright in Dallas, Kaman in Portland, Ed Davis in LA (granted he's a PF/C). Size matters!!

7. baubo

baubo Member

If an elite backup center can be had for the minimum, then Asik at $15mil would not have been traded for a lottery pick. If a fan actually would expect someone signing for the minimum to be a great backup center, that fan's expectations is as unrealistic as expecting Howard to make 80% of his FTs.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe that's why DMo never tries to dunk.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We do not. Asik is a quality starting big....no wonder he pouted.

He was never going to be a bench player.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He is still providing good rim protection despite being a huge negative offensively and not getting out on 5s that can shoot. I think his offense will return to being horrible from sub-Thomas Robinson levels. He should be fine for his contract for the season if he can turn it around offensively.

I'm thinking his feet are still not 100% as he has very little hops at the moment.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

blocked by the rim BTW

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

You have to understand we signed him to a GUARANTEED 2 Yr contract. We won't be cutting him. That's what makes it just a bad signing.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The worst signing is that black dude who has a name as White.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I was at the game last night.

Dear Lord. Dorsey may be one of the worst players I've ever seen.

Total liability on the floor. Fouled him intentionally repeatedly and bricked 4 straight FTs. Needs to be cut ASAP.

15. delishman

delishman Member

I really thought this was going to be a good signing at a bargain rate. Liked Morey's vision for him.

We were both so wrong. He is so undisciplined and lazy with no offensive game. For the love of god, cut him. Maybe the worst player I've ever seen in the NBA. I don't care if we bring back Justin Williams, just get someone.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Ive never seen someone so bad on defensive assignments/schemes. There were about 4 times last night he was just totally lost looking around.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Morey has never gotten a legit back-up.

Lists legit back-ups that Morey.

Man, I would much rather have the old Deke than any of those three guys you mentioned.

18. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Dorsey has got to GO!

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Morey's worst move was trading a lotto pick for Squid.

20. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NOPE HE'S THE GOAT