1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Joey Dorsey Murrays worst signing ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think Dorsey was signed to help bring over K-Pa! That's my only explanation. But I hope for ALL our sakes, that DM is not that dumb.:rolleyes:

I thought we were pass the days of the "SHORT PEOPLE"; Luther Head, Aaron Brooks, Chuck Hayes, Joey Dorsey (the 1st time around). Now we have Caanan, Jet, and Daniels, Dorsey (AGAIN), and Black!! All players that are shorter than the average players at their position.

Building a team is not Rocket Science!!! Look at the Lakers when they had Shaq and Kobe, they didn't have other stars around them, they had length and spot up shooters! Even their point guard, Ron Harper was 6'6", their shortess player was Derrick Fisher

Morey has in his mind that you have to have more talent than everyone to be a Champion! WRONG BRAINIAC!

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I don't buy that. Papanikolaou is not some kid who needs some hand-holding.

Besides Josh Powell and Pat Bev were former teammates as well.

3. bmd

bmd Member

I posted this in another thread back in July:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=256851&page=9

I went on to watch the rest of the series and some random games throughout the season and came to the conclusion that Joey Dorsey kind of sucks.

If I knew that he sucked, surely Morey and the scouts knew he sucked.

4. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Dorsey will get cut as soon as we bring somebody decent.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We do not even have the top talent arguably

Lebron - Durant probably still Tier 1
    Davis - Harden(with D) Tier 2

Dwight is probably Tier 2.5 not Orlando Dwight

6. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

7. omgTHEpotential

Dorsey isn't a great signing, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the worst. It's only 12 games into the season. He may still get into the rhythm and be ready to contribute come playoff time.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying since Papanikolaou and Dorsey had a good relationship, it enticed him more to come to the Rockets. Didn't the Rockets increase their final offer? Either way, we are stuck with another midget at center.

9. NateNate

NateNate Member

Honestly I think he's the worst player in the NBA right now. No joke. I Can't help but to think back to the glory years when we had Thabeet as our backup.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The best GM in sports history doesn't make mistakes or have bad signings.

The Dorsey signing will eventually show it's worth and Morey again will come up smelling like roses.

- what some people around here actually think all Morey supporters truly believe

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Dorsey IS bad.

But do you remember when Rafer Alston was traded to Orlando in the mid-season and everybody's crying how Morey could trade away a starting PG for a backup in Kyle Lowry? I will wait until All-star break to draw my conclusion.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

It's hard to tell how bad a primarily defensive player is when he comes off the bench. Filling up defensive, and rebounding stats on the boxscore in limited playing time is a lot harder to do compared to scoring the basket. Ben Wallace looked like crap when he played for the Washington Bullets also, because they never played him. ( C-webb and Juwon)

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I'm pretty much convinced that you people in this forum are biased as hell when it comes to individual players. Joey Dorsey only played 9 minutes, yet got just as many rebounds as D-Mo playing 18 minutes. Maybe somebody should make a D-Mo sucks thread instead.

[​IMG]

14. NotChandlerParsons

I honestly don't understand why people get so mad over role players in here. Like, I get why Dwight and James are polarizing. I don't get why people get their panties in a wad over whether someone thinks Dorsey should play more than D-Mo or vice versa.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

You idiots in this forum are taking things too far now. Both Black, and Dorsey are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better rebounders than Stromile *****.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you want to use one game to support your argument, maybe you should also argue that Papanikolaou should start over Ariza.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

[​IMG]

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

[​IMG]

19. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Bump....

Coming out party??? Coming off the bench party? I like the effort tonight!

I'll take 8 minutes of this tough play as long as he can make some free throws

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He is about a 45% ft shooter over a long career. Dont hold your breath....