1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Book-Readers Thread] GOT Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Apr 14, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Comeon guys. Why should a history lesson be required? Does it matter if the audience knows of the backstory with Blackfyre?
    Simply : a new person appears who claims to be the saved baby and with Ilyrio's money whatever has an army who is conceived of his claim/ but more importantly is looking towards great riches and then he goes to Westerroos. Simple and understandable for anyone who isn't interested enough to read through the books anyway and suffices with tv.

We have a reached a point where the storyline has already diverged in many details, exciting characters like the zombie have been deleted. We can't be demanding that the whole background remains intact. Just the main important facts for the present. and only because he is one of the most important characters in the next books/plotlines.

R+L=J?? john snow son of lheanna and rheagar?

Yes sure it can be a fake/betrayal/distraction. However that doesn't matter in regards to the importance of his character to the story. He right now has an army, is about to make very strong political allies/connections and has important claims to his name.
    {to be honest I will be let down if the three headed dragons ends up being three dragon riders simply like that. Too unoriginal ,has been done wayyyyyy too much and I would expect smth more. That's the only reason I read Martin in the first place, because his writing style alone leaves a lot to be desired. It's the story that counts and it better not turn in the end into an eragon bullcrap}

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

It's looking like this season will conclude with Cersei's walk of shame, as well as some trial by combat with Robert Strong (zombie Gregor) vs. someone and also Loras vs. someone.

Other theory going around is that Drogon will hook up with Jon Snow because he is a Targ

#162 Commodore, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

They'll probably follow what they been doing the past 4 seasons.. something bad happens in E9 (called The Dance of Dragons) so I'm thinking this is the Daznak's Pit scene and the attempt on Danny and Drogon burns the place down and takes Danny away. To please the fans, on E10 they do "justice" and Cersei does her walk of shame and Danny reappears with the Khalasar.

Now, I'm wondering if they'll do for the watch this season.. I think to have more effect they would have to reveal R+L= J first.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think it's significant, because otherwise it would be Aegon just showing up with an army of 10000 sellswords. Why would the largest mercenary army break their contract to invade westeros under a guy who would probably not have the money to pay the GC salary? Without the history of the blackfyre rebellions, the closest they could manage was that it was an army of former Targ loyalists, which is possible but is still a cop out to ask the viewer to accept. It's the green ghosts of LOTR.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sansa and the sandsnake story line is effed. I don't know wtf is going on anymore.

6. Pete the Cheat

just occurred to me this morning. the show writers couldn't possibly hand Tyrion the fate of Quentyn...could they?

the way he was introduced just seemed way too similar...

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

People would refuse to watch next season, haha

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Cersie will walk in shame, loras will be killed, margerie will get out with light punishment, and the season must end with John snow getting stabbed... Marsh is building a strong alliance against him right now and john's watch will come to an end.

9. Pete the Cheat

so IMDB gave Yara Greyjoy a credit for last episode. I may need to go back and look for an easter egg...

she has credits for the final two episodes of the season, as well...unforuntalely the only other greyjoy with a credit is Theon

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In the books Sansa is still in limbo correct?

Rocket River

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Currently, yes.

12. malakas

malakas Member

On one hand it is genious what they are doing. Changing some of the story so no more spoilers available and being able to keep the interest of both the readers and the non-readers.
    On the other hand I get so many times confused . What I see is what I have read or I don't remember? I expect something and then see something else. Makes me a little angry but won't stop me watching.

Promise of wealth and gold and land and titles in the conquest. Wouldn't be the first army that has done it for such a motive. It has happened in real history and in fact the motive in the story is the one that is the harder to believe. Mercenaries with honor. Oxymoron.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

casting for season 6. speculation on characters

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/37151/twelve-new-characters-for-thrones-s6

14. Pete the Cheat

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

this is damphair no?

Priest: In his 40's or 50's. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He's salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles.

16. Pete the Cheat

no...thats the priest Brienne visits who may or may not be housing the Hound

17. Pete the Cheat

had to dig up the name...Septon Meribald

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Quiet_Isle

18. malakas

malakas Member

The priestess got to be the one with Griff.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Episode 9 has Jon returning to WF from hardhome.. I'm thinking for the watch will happen here. It'll probably be that kid Olly doing it.

So the title for episode 10 is Mother's Mercy.. Speculation as to what may happen.
    Cerse's Walk
    Danny can become a mother again... gets period while riding drogon.
    Danny encounters the khalasar
    Lady Stoneheart

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

They've already said in the show that the GC had broken their contract, one that had been a paying one. Promise of wealth and gold is what moved Sallador's pirates, not organized armies for hire. The promise of land and titles would be more enticing to guys who had a history involved with getting back to westeros. Assuming there's no mercenaries with honor is a mistake that Cersei made seasons ago.

I don't think Vic's showing up. An earlier episode had Dario steal 93 ships, which would've been Victarion's ships. Now Victarion would have nothing to entice Dany, except his physique. And if Balon's still alive there's no Kingsmoot, which was Aeron's big contribution. It'll be interesting to see how they make Euron look cool without his grand kingsmoot speech. The worst thing this casting does is ruin the Euron=Dario theory.

It could be all these things, there were 4-5 possible "gifts" in the last episode.