1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Book-Readers Thread] GOT Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Apr 14, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup! They consult him so they can follow the overall plot line and conclusions.

I used to have a problem with the deviations early on, like not including Belwas etc...but after going reading Feast and Dance GRRM wastes so much damn time and that just isn't possible on a show.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

OK, which dragon did Tyrion and Jorah see in Valyria? It looked like a totally new one...

Why the deviation regarding Selyse and Shireen marching with Stannis as opposed to staying at the wall? I feel like they are destined to die now for sure.

Also, LOL @ poor Jorah absorbing TWO additional characters. Even though we don't really know what is going to happen with the greyscale storyline, I have to wonder why they even included it.

3. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Pretty sure it was a black dragon similar to Drogon. Would be cool if it wasn't.

Which characters has Jorah absorbed?

Also: what exactly happened to Valyria?

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The other 2 are still locked up, so it had to be Drogon.

Really not sure what is happening with Jorah. My only guess is that the show wants to establish Tyrion as Dany's clear and unquestioned right hand man. this way Jorah can meet her, and allow him to vouch for Tyrion with his impeding death establishing he has nothing to gain from it. Dany's whole storyline is in a weird place right now.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

None other than Jon Connington I assume.. So, I guess no fAegon Targaryen either... Interesting.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Jorah never gonna get that Dany nookie now.

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Oh I guess no Pale Mare in Meeren either replaced with greyscale.

8. shastarocket

Yeah, Jorah has Jon Connington's greyscale and (i assume) will take Barristan Selmy's role as primary adviser to Dany.

Also, you guys are probably right regarding the dragon. Mostly wishful thinking on my part.

Overall very good episode. I am really liking this Sansa/Brienne/Ramsay storyline.

Also, all of reddit is laughing at the whole Maester Aemon "A Targaryan alone is terrible." -> Cut to Jon Snow. lol

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lol, ya I was laughing at that as well!

Interesting they mentioned Old town, dragonglass and white walkers.. I'm assuming Sam goes to Oldtown to study more about dragonglass.

Sansa's wedding next week.. Sansa beware of your wedding night!!

10. shastarocket

What do you guys think is going to happen to Sam in Old Town? The way GRRM presented the story-line in the book, it has the potential to be a big deal and could drag out.

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Judging by Stannis remarks about keep reading, it seems he will have a big role in defeating the others..
    Also, if I recall correctly there was a book in the Citadel about dragons. The most complete book. Maybe Sam finds while there.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Valyria is like an Atlantis but with a dark magic around it.... Not wise to go so close to a place where dragons could be nesting...

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Ser Friendscale? Eh?

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Tyrion will find the horn

15. shastarocket

That would be such deus ex machina $hit, he wasn't even looking for it or knew it existed!

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He knows it exists. He studied dragons growing up. He will mention it at some point and go looking for it. How else does one tame a dragon?

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Also who didn't love stannis' fewer comment?

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe I misremember, but he mentioned the horn... Would be complete crap if he just finds it. Of course some random ahole having it in the books is crap too. The sooner victarion dies, the better.

19. shastarocket

The Greyjoy storyline is alive!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh, and I found this small agency news blurb that appears to confirm Gemma Whelan/Yara for season 5. <a href="http://t.co/mvclxiVKJB">http://t.co/mvclxiVKJB</a></p>&mdash; Watchers on the Wall (@WatchersOTWall) <a href="https://twitter.com/WatchersOTWall/status/598919637623934977">May 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. malakas

malakas Member

seriously I can't believe it. They can't exclude Aegon Targaryen he is too important for the plot.