1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With Emerging Troy Daniels & Isaiah Canaan, Is There A Place For Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by makio9, Apr 19, 2014.

1. makio9

makio9 Member

No matter what your opinion of Lin's game, it is hard to argue that Lin's role of rotating from PG to SG/6th man was a vital one for this team.

With an emerging Troy Daniels and Canaan, both of whom will presumably take the extra PG and SG minutes, where does that leave Lin?

This is looking ahead of time after these playoffs, of course.

2. makio9

makio9 Member

And yes, I am that confident of both of their abilities. Are you guys?

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

They have played a handful of games combined...you have blown your load making this topic now.

4. makio9

makio9 Member

They don't call me Mini Morey for nothing. Come on, chat like the point of a forum.

5. makio9

makio9 Member

- Daniels has the extra inch in height, and at 6'4, is a viable Ray Allen size for the 2 spot, Lin is not.

- Morey doesn't want to keep changing the make up of this team and bring in totally new changes. The budget isn't there for that anyway.

- This team is trying to be inside and out, with a big emphasis on the outside game. Daniels could be one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. Lin struggles to have a consistent shot.

Too early to say? Yes.

But still worthy of a conversation I would have thought and gives several avenues to pursue.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dont we have enough Lin bashing threads??? And you genuinely think that Canaan is better than Lin?? Troy Daniels is a great shooter, but teams have been sleeping on him defensively; as the scouting report expands to include him, teams wont just leave him out on an island..

7. sutton

sutton Member

[​IMG]

WATCH THIS , b****

1 person likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Given the injuries to Bev and the multiple roles he played, he was and is still vital to this team. Future direction with him is unlikely because of his contract more than anything.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

I expect them to play garbage minutes in trash time. Mchale is not going to put alot of trust in them going into playoffs.

10. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Maybe in a year or two. When Lin and Asik are probably gone.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Interestingly enough, Lin plays better with shooters. The second unit including parson, asik, Daniels, Garcia would probably been shown in the play offs,I think that line up will be really effective against a team like the spurs. That being said, I think Lin is still prob the first man off the bench. Canaan is not nba ready yet- he has had a few good games. Daniels is more one dimensional or at least so far. Lin by far is a head of them.

12. Clarinetmonster

I believe it was mentioned in another thread that the only player on the Rox with a worse defensive RPM than Harden is Canaan. So, yes.

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Canaan? Please lol

14. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

sometimes, i just hope ppl stop coming up with nonsense in the forum.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Between this and that dumb thread you have going in the dish, I move that your thread starting privileges be revoked.

16. clutz

clutz Member

Lin has a bad habit of praising God on Twitter, so, yeah, it's time for Daniels to take his place in the rotation.

Oh, wait, Lin's Asian, so never mind.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Nobody calls you Mini Morey.

18. chandlerbang21

No one calls u " mini Morey"

19. DocRock

DocRock Member

Everybody that plays 30+ min misses 5-7 games a season. Harden missed 8 games this season, of which we went 6-2 with Lin/Brooks filling in. 6 wins separates the 4 seed and missing the playoffs entirely in the West.

Dwight Howard is not Blake Griffin or Durant where you can lose a superstar and expect him to put up 30 a night. Parsons can put up points but he can't run the offense. Daniels is just a shooter. We haven't seen Bev or Canaan really be asked to carry an offense, facilitate without Harden, or create superstar iso shots.

Unless you're telling me you're getting a superstar who doesn't need shots created for him, or a ballhandling 6th man like Nate Robinson/Brooks, or benching Bev for a straight upgrade at PG (Lowry), I think its a huge risk.

20. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

i think lin and daniels is perfect combination could be like lin-Novak before remember?