1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ammo is too much of an issue to concentrate on auto weapons. You'll always be short.

Once I got rifleman to full, I was able to kill super mutants with a single headshot from the combat rifle. 3 or 4 shotgun shells to the torso will kill a deathclaw.

There are more long guns than handguns. Also more variability in type. Specializing in handguns seems to me a poor cousin to rifleman. combat shotgun is better than any short handgun, and hunting rifle is better from range than the handgun options (.44).

2. joesr

joesr Member

When in build mode, activate a settler and then assign him to something. Like plants for food or guard shacks for defense.

As far as supply lines, you need the perk local leader.

In non build mode, talk to a settler to trade, give him armor if he is a guard or special clothing for merchants or farmers so you can easily tell them apart. This way when new peeps show up you can tell and you also know not to double assign.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

The clothing idea has been brilliant for both defense and resource stations. I use that. Great idea. And I arm those guys too.

Having a hard time finding the provisioners to adjust my supply lines. I wish the apparel and weapons would connect in the supply lines too.

Mirelurks in army helmets, funny.

Think the assault megatrons are giving me the hardest time right now. They not only come at you hard they can laser u hard from a distance if they back off. But good times. Toughest fight so far I think was with Slag. Although the tanks are super aggressive

I'm not really using VATS much, so need to start using that a little more and think that will make things easier for me.

I'm not sure if I need to guide the prisoners back to camp, but I've been leaving them behind after freeing, they kind of follow but get lost, and the mission still gets completed.

The level design is really good. You almost always end up where you need to go and can get back out quickly when done.

Lots of fun!

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Did y'all know there is a cover system in this game? Maybe I'm an idiot, but it took me forever to find out. It REALLY helps in combat avoiding gunfire.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Oh yeah, I remember something about that at the very beginning. Ever since I got that Spray and Pray gun I haven't really needed to use cover or tactics that much, lol

6. joesr

joesr Member

What is the cover system???

7. joesr

joesr Member

Those assault trons are hard but after you get to at least lvl 3 gun mod and science they get easier. Ammo for rifles go quick tho. Vats the legs on fast moving stuff or the arms on strong attackers.

Havent really used my power armor yet either.

Thanks for mention the clothes and gear for supply lines. I always thought something was glitching

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Well, if you find a good legendary 10mm pistol (I found one that ignores a % of the target's armor and does bonus limb damage), put the top of the line mods on it, and put the suppressor in it, you can clean out areas simply by sneaking and VATSing everything. Put a couple of points into Sneak and Ninja and they'll never see you.

Well

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kill 1000 Scribes and no one cares, kill one annoying cat and everyone loses their minds.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Anyone actually like being in the BoS and doing their missions besides me?

I mean so what if they remind me of Hitler and the Nazis.

11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Holy Cow. Both my boys asked for this for Christmas on Xbox One. Thanks to Amazon Prime and a $30.00 discount for Amazon Visa, I scored both new for $78 total. Not bad.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It depends on whether or not you believe synths are sentient and should have rights.
    Its kind of a grey area. I mean the robotic synths made out of mechanical parts without a doubt are not sentient, but what about the organic ones?

13. joesr

joesr Member

Just wondering, do they both have their own xbox live account? In the family mode, if you register them as your kids and you the parent they can play any digital game you buy.

Both my kids are playing FO4 on their account from my digital purchase for me. At the same time as I.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Is there really a cover system for shooting???

15. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

No...separate baby mama, separate households, separate accounts, but that a great idea to look into.

I don't have a gaming system anymore...well, I have a ps3 to play blue rays and get my Netflix and amazon movies.

Thanks!

16. marky :)

Haven't tried in 3rd person mode, but if you approach a wall/corner in 1st person and you can see that your gun is behind the wall/corner when you aim you'll stick out of the corner and when you let go of aim you'll be back behind the wall.

17. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yeah the cover system, like a ton of other things in this game, isn't really explained all that well. Or at all.

Finally got Gun Nut to level 4, and was able to craft a silencer for my assault rifle. Guess I don't need my 10mm pistol for sneaking anymore. Better range, more than twice the base damage. Get another level or two into Rifleman and another point into Lone Wanderer and I will be able to tank most anything without power armor, barring legendaries.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The gun mechanics feel much better in this one. While it's still not up to par with the true FPS, the sights are much more useful. I frequently find myself not using VAT's at middle and long distances because the sights work better.

The reflex sights in particular play very well.

19. marky :)

What are yall's go to weapons so far?

I'm level 24 right now and I've been wandering around with these. Haven't really found that many unique weapons that I've liked.

Modified Double Barrell Shotty
    Modified Kellogg's Pistol
    .50cal Sniper rifle
    Modified combat rifle

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Level 32 Alien blaster and 1976 World Series Baseball Bat and Railway Rifle