1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

In about 37 hours and have yet to do any of the main missions. Had a bug when I got into Diamond City with Travis and led me to have to reload a previous save and lose 2 hours. After that I said f that and just went exploring. Level 24 and besides there being some really tight spots with ammo and fighting monsters I had no business fighting has led me to find some really awesome gear and guns. Killed some Legendary Deathclaws and Mirlurks and have a really awesome shotgun and pistol out of it. That and when I found synth armor I pretty much have been golden against most raiders. Anyone do the mission in Salem and get Reba II? Has been really good since then. Only complaint I have is I hate the settlements in that you can't transfer junk until you get the local leader perp. Have been busy trying to get my gun mod perk. Also wish that everyone could just go to Sanctuary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Finally did the Minutemen quests and now I have the castle and unlocked the armory there. Spent probably 1hr+ just on fortifying it and building xyz.

I wish I knew this sooner before spending so much time fumbling about in workbench mode and would of made things a lot easier for me. You can actually move objects(lower/raise or further/closer) while standing still and not changing the camera view.

PS4: hold X+L1 to raise/lower
    : hold X+R1 to move object further/closer

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I had a lot of fun exploring aimlessly but the game got much more interesting when I progressed with the main story a bit. The way this game presents the main story to you is perhaps the best change from FO3/NV. I won't say anymore, but basically it was awesome to "feel" the world change.

4. marky :)

I think I've been doing the perk tree all wrong...

For example, I don't have to max out(10 stars) in Luck to unlock the perks related to luck?

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

You are correct sir!

I did the same thing but fortunately it was Charisma I maxed out which I wanted for getting more caps for jobs

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's time we talk about the scribe holocaust.

7. Handles

Handles Member

This has become my favorite game. I've played over 24 hours and still have soooo much more to do.

Bethesda rocks. Loved skyrim (and all of elder scrolls) and the last two fallouts so much. Their games are littered with bugs but I don't even care.

Once I beat my xbox version I'll buy it for my pc. By then there should be plenty of mods for it and it will be a whole new experience. Can't wait.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Fallout, a violent post apocalyptic shooter.

My most recent session consisted of farming, building and returning grossly overdue library books. Although the library was heavily fortified.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm only about 4 hours in and have barely made it to Red Rocket. I have the Cryolater from the trick and got lucky in the fact that when I tried to trade with Dogmeat he had cryloater ammo on him. I've spent most of my time salvaging and collecting things. I may be finished with this game about this time next year.

10. marky :)

At first I lost track which settler I assign to what so I've designated uniforms for them now.

Bought some mechanic/farmhand jumpsuits and gave them to all the settlers that are assigned to farming and non defense assignments. All raider gear I find goes to anyone doing security patrol. :grin:

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That's a great idea. I like that

12. joesr

joesr Member

Same thing. Im hoping they make it easier especially with supply lines. I got every city connected everywhere. Dont need to do that. Didnt equip the farmers but i put gear on fighters.

Building tip. Concrete floor is an awesome wall around cities. One way in. Turret the hell out of it

13. joesr

joesr Member

Man that extra carry weight is almost a must

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah, it's unnecessary, but I need that carry weight. I already end up making enough trips having to go back for tin cans and cups. No item left behind. I already had a hoarder mentality in these games. The component aspect has made it impossible for me to just move on without cleaning house.

I still haven't used my power armor because I'm paranoid about the fusion cores even though I have like 20 of them.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I haven't figured out how to do any of this...

The only time I get to talk to people about assignments is if there new to town and ask, and even then I have only been able to successfully assaign one person to farming manually because they usually stop following me when I walk to the assignment.

I try to talk to the settlers but there is no option to its just goes straight into trading. I know how to assign people to different cities using the shop mode but that's about it.

16. marky :)

In workbench mode you select a character by hitting X(ps4) and then go to whatever object and you will see a "assign settler" prompt.

1 person likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I keep the dog. The dog carries extra weight.

I use dog as the companion AND I get full perk advantage of "Lone wanderer"

30% damage reduction inflicted on me and +100 to the weight I can carry. This is IN ADDITION to what the dog carries.

At level 39 I will get 25% increase in the damage I deal as well.

I found the humans very annoying and very distracting for tactical fights.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Talking companions are meant to add to the experience by enriching your travels. Of course, I understand how that can be annoying.

That's the beauty of it, there is a companion out there that will suit your play-style.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What gun perks are the best?

Rifleman? for non auto rifles?

Gunslinger for non auto pistols?

Or Auto guns one?

Dont want to dump my points into something that might turn into useless later on.

20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I personally would go for Rifleman, because I've found that the combat rifle is becoming my mainstay weapon. Plus, when you find Vault 81, you can buy the Overseer's Guardian, a pretty nasty rifle that will probably be my main for much of the rest of the game. Plus it will help with the Righteous Authority a unique laser rifle that you can get fairly early game (BoS questline),