1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game News] Fallout 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 2, 2015.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im in the same boat!

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I actually have to strongly agree with that. Not so much the "replay" value part, but I do agree with what you are saying.

To me, there are two real disappointing things about this game.... the dialogue system and the lack of a morality system.

I used to love going through the conversation, learning every single bit of detail. Now, the conversation goes one way... regardless of what I try to say. I feel like every choice is the same. The only "true" options I have are the yellow, orange, and red ones. It reminds me of the way Bioware decided to nerf the dialogue system in Mass Effect 3.

Also, one thing I wish they would do with the conversation system is actually make you have to search for information. It would be nice if I had to actually ask the person where these places are. I mean, one of the first true missions we get is to go to a small settlement and help the settlers there. I get there and ask what is going on and they say "The raiders are hurting us. We know where they are coming from, but we can't go after them." Conversation over, nothing else was given, but when I get out of the conversation, the objective location is automatically added to my map. They didn't even give me the name of the place.

I think it would be cool if we had to actually ask the person where that objective might be... and maybe sometimes they don't really know where it is, but they know the name of it, so we have to ask around about where that place might be.

Sorry, I got a little carried away. I still love this game. I haven't played a game for this long since the Mass Effect games. And before those, it was Fallout 3. It really is a great game. There are just a few things that make me ask why they made that decision.

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I have a dumb question - after getting a Bobblehead or a magazine that gives you a perk (i.e. extra 5% on critical hits or something), is there anything specific you have to do, or are those buffs automatically given to you?

Along the same lines, is there a screen that summarizes that?

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

I believe once you find them the stats/perks are applied to you permanently.

1 person likes this.
  5. hmurry5

hmurry5 Member

Do you guys usually go after side quests before tackling the main story or vice versa? I've been doing a lot on the side at first, but I was wondering if there's any benefit over one of the other.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did some of the side quests first in an effort to level up before tackling the main quest, in doing so I ended up being ridiculously OP and it probably made it a lot easier than it was intended to be.

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Bobby said, the side quests are useful for leveling up. And you'll probably want to do a fair number of faction quests before advancing the main story too far.

8. joesr

joesr Member

In game perk screen. Also the pop boy app will show which number magazine it is.

Also, there is a magazine rack (and turning magazine holder) and a bobblehead stand for your collection!

1 person likes this.
  9. joesr

joesr Member

So what resources are you guys finding yourself using up quickly. Crazy enough, it is wood for me.

10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Adhesive, gears (I like putting a ton of turrets in my settlements), oil (same) mainly. Sometimes steel, but you can find that everywhere.

11. marky :)

Lol aluminum...

I mean I could easily find more by picking up the millions of aluminum cans all over the game but I feel like I dont need to waste space when I'm doing quests and what not.

Note: I used to always be low on screws/springs but the Toy Factory at the South of the map has plenty of toys to scrap from.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Anyone notice the Fallout like commercials breaking out...

Progressive Insurance
    Grey Goose
    and on....

13. joesr

joesr Member

Screws can be obtained from modified guns as well (with perk)

14. joesr

joesr Member

Man this one settlemnt had over 4000 in wood resources. I can now remodel Sanctuary.

15. marky :)

Which settlement was that? I've only set up 3 settlements and haven't come across another that I liked. Castle,sanctuary, and one of the farms north east of the map.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Level 71 now.

This game is getting boring.

Might as well finish the main quest-line and get it over with.

17. joesr

joesr Member

As for liking it, I do not. Too bumpy. But as I was currently re-doing Sanctuary I was low on wood and finding this spot did more than replenish my needs.

The plot for this one has soooooo many trees and is actually bigger than Sanctuary in terms of build mode.

The island to the far south east. You have to fight a mirelyrk queen and power armors don't swim.

18. joesr

joesr Member

I'm at 70. I feel ya in terms of enemies getting easy but I am still having a blast making the perfect settles for each location.

19. joesr

joesr Member

I also have a quest bug that might be stopping my main quest line. Dealing with going to my room...... Wont register once I get there

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am playing at the hardest difficulty and still blowing through things in 1 to 3 shots.

The Luck line is too powerful.