1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Larry Lightning] Player Rankings By Position

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketfan21, Aug 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Rankings coming every Sunday. Center and power forward ranking released so far.

Center rankings

Power Forward rankings

I appreciate criticism even if it's not constructive, because that's what rankings are for. They're for the "How in the HELL do you rank this guy 4 slots above such and such, idiot!!"

Will update this thread with the final three positions. Thanks for reading.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol not even a homer but Noah isnt better than Howard

agree for the most part on the list though

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see you've bought into the Joakim Noah media hype train. He's good, but he's not better than Howard. What does he do better than Howard besides passing and free throws?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When the "energy guy" is in the first sentence when making a point for best center in the league, you fail. Trade Noah and Dwight straight up I wonder which team becomes instantly better.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Thought the playoffs would have proven who is better, Dwight was doing more for Hou then Noah did for the bulls.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I know what you are saying, but this is a poor way to prove your point. Noah is the heart and soul of that Chicago team and defense. I'd argue that they become worse no matter who replaces him.

7. afk

afk Member

Those top ten PFs... :(

8. Nook

Nook Member

Noah is over rated now... He got his ass handed to him against the Wizards and struggles against real centers.

9. what

what Member

Howard can't even get his team out of the first round against a marginal portland team. Ask any gm - ask daryl morey if he'd trade dwight for marc gasol - and every gm in the league would make that deal, if they had the chance to get marc gasol.

everybody likes to say how great howard is, but show me the results. He has done nothing for nearly 5 years.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Noah hasn't hit 50% from the field in 2 years.
    He's a very solid player, but to rank him ahead of Dwight is completely laughable.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Nice attempt at trolling :rolleyes:

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why would you blame Dwight for the 1st round exit :rolleyes: He played as well as anyone did in the playoffs. He put up 26 and 14 against Portland, but you're going to blame him for losing? :rolleyes:

A lot of great players have lost in round 1, btw. Dirk lost to an 8th seed. Timmy lost in the 1st round a few years ago. Losing in the 1st round doesn't necessarily blemish a player.

BTW, what do you consider "results"..? What has Marc done that Dwight hasn't..? At least Dwight carried a team to the NBA finals 5 years ago, so I'm not sure what your point is..

13. VBG

VBG Member

I would go Dwight >= healthy Marc Gasol > Noah personally

Marc Gasol 5th seems way too low to me. He has an elite rebounding PF next to him. His raw rebounding numbers are low but that's partly because he doesn't chase rebounds at all. He's pretty great at just boxing out and sealing his man.

He's also the 2nd best shooter in his starting lineup which is weird.

14. Aleron

Hey what, are you willing to take a bet with me that in this year's GM poll, that Dwight or Marc get more votes for the best center?

15. VBG

VBG Member

Well, Noah is gonna probably win even though he's pretty clearly the 3rd best center of the 3.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Love #1 is beyond absurd

Blake griffin is the best PF in basketball right now, and then a handful of guys ahead of Love

17. Aleron

from GMs? really? Dwight won last year despite being all nba third team, they generally see things a little different to the press.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Your power forward rankings are whack.

Criticism of Lee as a stat stuffer, because he plays no D. But putting Kevin Love (sub 46% shooting) at number 1, despite having no D... hrm?
    The top 10 is a mess.

And then you rank Markieff Morris ahead of Jones, because of his 'floor spacing' (31% from downtown vs Jones at 31% from downtown) - check the metrics, Jones allows his teammates to score at higher % (and more layups) when he is ON the court, vs OFF (and Jones manages a 55% FG to Markieff 49 - and pretty much has him covered in all stats, despite being a year less experienced). To me, Markieff is a 'stat stuffer' - just a guy who thrived on the 2 PG lineup in PHX, and is probably one of the worst players in your top 30!

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I reckon Noah cannot possibly win when the bet is 'who will get more number 1 votes out of Dwight or Marc Gasol'

How can Noah win????

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Kevin Love was #3 in win shares, #3 in PER, put up 26 and 12. Who is ahead of him?

:rolleyes: Love's 2 point FG% was .502. His overall FG% is .457 because he takes a lot of 3 pointers. But he converts .376% of them. Trying to use Love's FG% against him is laughable.