1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Larry Lightning] Player Rankings By Position

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketfan21, Aug 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Didn't look at the center one, but I glanced at the power forward one real quick, and it's really bad. Like really bad. Geez..

2. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

So Big Al and Bosh are centers but Duncan isn't?

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dude clearly didn't watch Rockets games last season... hack-a-Dwight never worked.

4. VBG

VBG Member

It just shows that you have to take those things with a grain of salt. Most GMs just hand it off to someone random anyway.

I mean Kobe got 20% of the vote for best SG in the GM survey done last season. This was after his torn achilles.

5. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Who's Larry Lightning?

6. Garner

Garner Member

Boogie over Marc Gasol?!

7. Garner

Garner Member

I thought this as well.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Joakim "I got destroyed by NayNay" Noah

Dwight and Harden are so underrated by the bs mainstream media it isn't even funny

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

You can't just look at his FG%, he shoots just as many 3s as Harden so naturally his FG% is going to be lower than most PFs. His TS% is 59 which is great for someone who puts up 26PPG.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

In before parsons is the #3 SF in the league, and Harden in the #4 SG in the league article is out.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

Trade Dwight Howard for Marc Gasol?

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm becoming pretty cynical towards all sports media at this point.

Some of the stuff I've read lately is absolute crap!!

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Exactly! Thank you! His 2 point FG% was .500, so obviously he's a good shooter. His 3 point shooting brings his overall FG down, but 37% 3 point shooting is great.

What do you mean? Hack-a-Dwight cost us a few games

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Saw Noah and stop reading there.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wtf only someone like What can say **** like this with a straight face lololol. First Rudy Gay is on the level of Durant now Gasol is better than Howard. Not doing anything? When did Gasol carry a crappy team to the finals, he couldn't even outdo his brother and carry the Grizz to the playoffs until he had Mike Conley Jr, ZBo, Tony Allen/OJ Mayo and Battier on the team.

As for you Larry Lightning I'm a fan of your writing style but the only reason Noah looks is decent because he plays in a conference where Highest is the all star center. Gasol and Dh are much better than he is.

18. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I appreciate all the feedback so far. I understand that it will never be perfect, but I'm new to this and have been trying to write about something I love for fun. I spend a big chunk of my week taking calls from angry Comcast customers so this is a way to keep my brain active on something else.

I think I may have been trying too hard to be unbiased with putting Howard at number 2, but once I had it up it's too late to change it. The main reasoning, though, is I don't think that replacing Howard with Noah on our team would result in a drop off (if at all) in our teams total wins.

I stand by Love at number one as a power forward. Davis very well could be there soon, but I think it's a bit premature to put him number one after two seasons.

As for the reasoning behind certain players being listed at the position they are, I stated in the first article that I was using a universal database (espn.com depth chart) to determine positions, because then there's no debate as to who plays what position. Obviously Bosh would have been a power forward if he signed here, but most likely the Heat will roll out a line up of Bosh, McRob, Deng, Wade, Chalmers.

Again, I appreciate the readers and the feedback. I post this here because I like to hear the counterarguments. I watch a lot of basketball, but nowhere near enough to legitimately rank every player and think I did a perfect job. So it's fun to get your feedback.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOl @ Noah #1

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Watched every game last season and the only game I can think of where it "cost us" is the first Laker game where Steve Blake hit the game winner.

In the playoffs McHale panicked and took Dwight out even though we were still solidly ahead in game 1. Not having Dwight on the floor defensively allowed the Blazers to come back quickly. So bad coaching "cost us" in game 1 not Hack-a-Dwight.