1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

We can't afford him.

2. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Even if the Bulls didn't offer the max, some other team would and the Rockets can't

3. dream2franchise

Butler is, in my opinion the #2 SG in the league. Bulls would be crazy to lowball him.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i say sign him. and lamarcus aldrich.

keep beverley and jones to keep a strong bench. that's how this works right??

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

I bet he'd like to come here. He's from Tomball. Still dont think we'll be able to afford him though.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd rather bring in Love to backup Aldridge.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

only if you are certain to bring in durant the following offseason. because at that point everyone would feel bad for ariza because of how weak the SF position is.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Deal.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

That 2Q was disgusting. Against a healthy Clippers, the Rocks would be down by double digits.

10. micah1j

micah1j Member

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/f...playoff-casualties-will-spend-for-the-future/

Zack Lowe on Ty Lawson -

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Ty Lawson strikes me as a headcase...he doesnt seem to be very professional or have very good judgment...not a good addition to this team. We have enough issues with that already.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean we've talked about Lawson for months before the trade deadline, we knew Morey was creeping around the league for an upgrade, we knew Lawson was available at the right price (which was pretty steep considering but still), and Morey didn't push that hard to get Lawson which ultimately led to him essentially punting this year with a marginal upgrade in Prigioni.

So if Morey wouldn't go all in on Lawson before, I'm not sure why he would now. In the weeks following the trade deadline Morey was in Europe to scout, and also meet with Rockets prospects Llull, Gentile, and more. Reports and rumors are that Morey had contract talks with both although he'd have to deny that obviously.

Given the success this year, and the success of the additions this year (Brewer and Smith), I think Morey tries to operate over the cap by bringing back Brewer at least, and possibly Smith if he accepts what is left. Then I think he will use the MLE to bring over Llull. Resign Terry to the vet min. The rookie drafted might very well be a PG as well, and don't forget about Nick Johnson who could take big strides this Summer.

All that being said, I could see under this scenario with alot of depth going into training camp with alot of question marks having a roster that is built for in-season trades if the team doesn't look to have made huge strides with the additions. If Smith looks like a keeper long term than you probably need to move one of D-Mo or Jones before they hit free agency. However there is no reason to trade them now going into this Summer. With teams like the Knicks and Lakers looking to spend in free agency, and the resurgence Smith has had with the Rockets, I wouldn't be shocked to see a team give him 8 to 10 min per for a couple years, and ultimately he walks.

So I just don't see a big trade Summer guys. I think you are going to see Morey try to use a surgical knife rather than a hack saw. A Lawson type of trade I just don't see or Morey probably would have already done it.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Kinda odd to see this thread right now. Anyways, Morey should look at a trade involving Schroder for Jones when the time comes.

14. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

^that's who I want...Schroder.

15. malakas

malakas Member

While Ty Lawson's price might have gone down since the trade deadline from two firsts to one I still don't like the fit next to Harden at all. Or his character.

The question about Jimmy Buckets is not IF he will get the max, but if another team will force the Bulls hand and offer him a three year max with a player option after the second. I hope someone does. Also the Bulls will have to sell Taj or Noah this offseason. Problem is Noah is not his former self and is already 30.

Atlanta imo will try everything in its power to retain Millsap and will have no interest in Jones. The one team that will be a good trading partner with the Rockets will be the Kings where Jones fits perfectly next to Cousins and Karl has no interest to develop rookies.

16. micah1j

micah1j Member

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

K-Papa (unguarenteed) + Prig (partially unguarenteed) + T Jones + Dorsey + NOP pick for Lawson. We would have to draft the NOP pick for Denver then wait until the new fiscal year to complete the trade.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If I were Morey I'd give up what it takes to take Lawson. He is on the block and the Rockets have the pieces.

If not Lawson we need to go after Kyle Lowry.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Jennings should also be available at only 8 mil per. Teague may become available. Vazquez. Lowry. Maybe Hill or a trade of Jones and Kpap for the 11th pick.
    A 11+18+Ny 2nd will be enough for the Nuggets to accept the trade for sure.

20. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

this

and also Lowry or George Hill. if the Spurs start rebuilding after Duncan/Manu retired then maybe even Parker could be available.

on a smaller move, sign CJ Watson to back up our new PG. Bev can be sign-n-traded for a back up 3.

Josh should be bring back if possible, he's not perfect but he's best option for the money we can spend this summer.

oh... most importantly... we need a coach!!:mad:
    give me Tom Thibodeau and we're ready to go next season!