1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Sac owes their pick to the bulls. So this pick will have to be very ahead in the future . It simply isnt enough value for Lawson.

1 person likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Geezus are you a Nets fan or something?

The guy is a solid backup PG/spark plug off the bench if needed, but he's not really a sought after player and he's someone the Nets would love to give up if it saved them a buck.

Jack would have been a decent player to trade for last year given the high need and low cost, but long term the Rockets need to look bigger, and more long term.

3. DH12

DH12 New Member

Trade tjones,rights to llull,kostas,pablo,dorsey,18th pick for lowry then if possible get dunleavy and rashard lewis.

Dwight/capela
    dmo/josh/lewis
    ariza/dunleavy
    harden/brewer
    lowry/terry

If this is possible i really think this team can win it all.

4. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

You could get Jack for Papanikolaou straight up. He's not a valuable player and Brooklyn is looking to offload some salary. That said, I don't really want him, and his contract would restrict our ability to make other improvements that we need.

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Proposed this in another thread:

Papa and Prigioni for Lance Stephenson and 2 2nds

6. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Just listened to that blazers edge podcast. Would the proposed trade involving corey brewer even be possible? Or would he already be a free agent by then?

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

#18,#32,Pap+Jones to Charlotte for #9.

Personally I think that either Hezonja or Winslow will drop to #9. Either one of those players will be able to fill a role on this team next year and help a bit..

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny thing is, the Knicks act like they have a pick in the vicinity of #9, judging by the dudes they're working out. Due diligence, I guess. Trade down if who they want isn't available at #4.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

IMO, that's far too little to move up so high.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I have a question but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Can teams sign and trade players in opposing sides of the deal?

For example, if LMA or even Love really wants to come to Houston and forces his way here by sign and trade, can we offer KJ McDaniels in a potential package doing a sign and trade?

I was trying to think of instances of this because I think it has happened before, but I could not remember. Of course, since KJ is a RFA it complicates things but he is definitely a piece that I think a lot of teams covet, especially if the Blazers want to rebuild with younger pieces if LMA bolts.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No...

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Papa, Prigs, 2 seconds for Lance Stephenson
    Jones, S&T Brewer for Augustin and OKC future 1st
    Sign Llull
    Sign Scola
    Resign Terry to vet min
    Resign Smith and KJ
    Draft Sam Dekker

Llull/Augustin/Terry
    Harden/Stephenson/Johnson
    Ariza/Dekker/KJ
    DMo/Smith/Scola
    Howard/Capela/2nd rounder

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What's the word on J Jack? Someone just texted me an article re: a potential trade, but not sure if it was pure speculation or if this is just some rumor.

I would love JJ as a backup, but still want a legit threat PG to handle the ball when Harden isn't.

I am worried about a S&T for LA or KL -- wouldn't we have to sell the farm? We were 3 wins away from the NBA Finals -- we need to get better, but at what cost? I think we can sure up the PG spot, maybe replace Dorsey with a more useful big (perhaps Scola), and maybe trade TJones and get what we can...I like the guy, he might still get better, but he is so dang inconsistent in his aggressiveness that I can't see it happening soon.

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Brooklyn would love to dump him. Might even attach an asset.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just a random mock offseason:

Draft:
    At 18, pick a pre-arranged selection for Denver as part of a Ty Lawson trade.
    At 32, pick best player available.

Before Free Agency:
    Trade 1:
    N.Johnson, P.Prigioni, J.Dorsey, T.Jones and the rights to Sergio Llull
    for
    Taj Gibson and #22

Trade 2:
    K.Pap, player selected at #18, #22, Clint Capella
    for
    Ty Lawson

Resigning our own guys with Bird Rights
    Use bird rights of Beverley (full bird) and Brewer (early bird) to sign them to high two year deals, with non guaranteed or team options for the second year. Beverley 12m, Brewer 8m. Probably an overpay for both, but you have to pay them enough to pass on outside offers of less money/year, but more years.

MLE
    Use the MLE to secure McDaniels and Smith.

Veteran Exceptions
    Sign Jason Terry and Jeff Adrien to the vet minimums.

Lawson / Beverley / Terry
    Harden / McDaniels
    Ariza / Brewer / (#32)
    Gibson / Smith / Adrien
    Howard / Dmo

Reasoning
    -This team is stacked with a legit two deep at every position. It has playmaking, three point shooting, post up play, perimeter defense, post defense, veteran leadership, etc.
    -If you can convince Howard to opt out of the final year of his deal and sign for a one year 10 million deal, with the promise of signing him to a two year 80 million dollar deal under the new cap, you would still have near max cap space next offseason for Durant.

16. do work son

do work son Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Plumlee?:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They are trying with goal of moving up in the draft. <a href="https://t.co/ovcMYAGILV">https://t.co/ovcMYAGILV</a></p>&mdash; Stefan Bondy (@SBondyNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/610536198671572992">June 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

With the WOJ news that Charlotte and LAC are discussing a Stephenson for Hawes & Barnes swap, I think it is time to take that chance on Stephenson.

If we can get a deal in principal with Josh Smith to take his raise and not the MLE and sign Llull to almost MLE (leaving enough to sign #32 to a team favorable guaranteed deal) then trading Jones, Papa, and Dorsey for Stephenson and a future 2nd would be a great option IMO. Sign someone like Scola as a 3rd PF and/or hopefully use Pablo's NG to add something of value.

If Lance doesn't work out, we haven't really lost any assets and we can trade him in December or February in a larger deal. Sure it could mess with chemistry, but it is worth it to see if he gets back to what he was with his contract on the line on a real title contender. If it doesn't work? We have a $9M expiring contract to try to make a bigger trade.

And with this plan in place, we can do complete BPA at #18.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

For the Bulls trade to happen, they would have to love Llull. Otherwise, from their point of view, they are giving up the best player in the deal on a reasonable contract + a 1st round pick.

The Nuggets trade looks realistic enough, maybe it could happen. If I was a Nuggets fan, I'd expect more I'm sure, at least a top 10 pick or so.

It looks like way too much money coming in too.

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

TRADE #1:

Trevor Ariza to Philadelphia for draft picks.

TRADE #2

Terrence Jones/K-Pap/Joey Dorsey/Future pick to in a S&T to Portland for LaMarcus Aldridge.

If Llull wants to come over for MLE, fine (scenario #1). If not. Use part of MLE to keep KJ and other part to sign 18th pick (scenario #2).

We go route #1, you could bring in a PG like Mo Williams or (I'd only do it for vet min) Jeremy Lin to back up Llull.

We go route #2, you could trade D-Mo/18th pick for a PG. He's gonna get paid eventually and if we get a legit PF, he won't be needed anymore.

DISCLAIMER: This was something I just thought of in my head. Nothing that I actually think would happen or would propose myself if I were in Morey's shoes (aside from the Ariza and LMA trade). So take that in to consideration before you grill me.