1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 9, 2016.

?

Would you trade Ariza to move up in draft?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2016.
  1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Outside of Harden I truly believe Trevor is our most valuable asset other then Capela (who I would like to keep). As much as I love Mr. Ariza this team needs a massive shake up... one that evolves with the changing of todays NBA

I believe a trade on draft night of Ariza and our pick for a pick in the (4-7) range can net us a player like Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield

The move not only gives us a young stud to grow with Harden it also frees up more cash for more FA

We can then also sign Jordan Clarkson which would solidify our backcourt and give Harden the true support he needs to extend his career.

The move will also free up the SF starting spot for Durant or Harrison Barnes

Not mentioned often but also a very dynamic SF is Batum

In the end if we could bring in Harrison, Horford, Clarkson, and whoever we decide to pick at 4-7 we will be a much better team

Capela
    Horford/Beasley
    Barnes
    Harden/Hield
    Clarkson/Bev

This squad is more dynamic with multiple guys able to play multiple positions

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If we're rebuilding, yes

3. syn

syn Member

As much as I like Ariza, yes/

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think I read this exact trade idea somewhere in the "Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16" thread. :grin:

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I like Barnes , I like Batum , I like durant . That being said , I doubt we can use Ariza to trade up in the draft . How many times has a player around 30 been traded for a top 5 pick ( even when used with a 14 pick )? The teams in that spot want little to do with Trevor and he is probably more valuable to us as a backup or gives us the ability to go small .

I would trade him , but I don't think circumstances will arise in which it makes good sense to trade him .

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Everybody overrates the draft so bad. Unless we're top 3, it's doubtful we get anybody better than Ariza. Look at past drafts. Johnny Flynn was a #5 pick. Ariza is a legit 3&D player - those are worth way more than he is currently being paid. It is a no-brainer to keep Ariza.

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

And Curry was a #7 pick. And Draymond Green was the #35 pick. You can find value anywhere, you just have to have a great evaluator.

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Look at the word "doubtful". You can always get lucky. Look at past drafts. Most fans think you are automatically getting a HOF'er with a top 10 pick. NBA drafts have so many busts, I don't even follow them anymore.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Prefer to bring him off the bench, but no SF's out there i like to start over him except Barnes, but i'd rather chase Conley and Horford and/or Gasol.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yea I think Ariza and Beverley are keepers honestly. Both are scrappy 3&D vets that fit Harden perfectly and ti top it off both are also on dirt cheap value contracts.

I wouldn't mind upgrading either the PG or SF position through FA, but I would still keep Ariza and Bev as bench players, Ariza can play 3 positions and Bev can play 2 so there won't be much any minute ration problems.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I would have done it last year

12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

If it makes the team better..

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

If he could be off the bench behind Durant than no

If we keep Brewer and not him then no

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Absolutely. But only if it gets us top 5 pick.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Only Durant or Batum should start over him so Ariza would then come off the bench. If we get Barnes, then it wouldn't be fair to Ariza to keep him since Barnes would start

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only good thing is his $7.8M salary when .... Durant? Max. Batum? Max. Barnes? Max. Parsons? Max/Close to Max.

Then you have guys like Joe Johnson, Matt Barnes, Evan Turner, Kent Bazemore, Luol Deng, Jeff Green, Jared Dudley, etc.

The 3 is streaky* & D is overrated.

Max money to Harrison Barnes? NO THANKS!

You don't say ""The teams that find the Chandler Parsons, not the ones that pay them the max, are the ones that succeed long term" and let Chandler Parsons walk and then go pay max money to Harrison Barnes.

#16 J.R., Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  17. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

If you can package our pick (#12-14) w/ Ariza to move into the 4-7 range, then I'd consider it, depending on who is available. And that's really only if you have a very strong feeling that you can sign Batum/Durant/Barnes or believe that KJ should be starting. Otherwise you're left with Brewer...

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Id trade ariza for Forneir from the magic. Thats the only person id want at small forward other than kd. Rockets need dead eye shooters atthw wing, not streaky mfs

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

No unless it helps you net Durant.

20. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

NO, Id trade Harden before Ariza. Ariza is only the guy who bring defense every game.