1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Ariza?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 9, 2016.

?

Would you trade Ariza to move up in draft?

Poll closed Apr 10, 2016.
  1. Yes

68 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players or pieces that complete our team. We've lost some pieces and added some pieces. I think we'll be fine next season."

~ Harden

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I love Trevor and i hope we can keep him even if Durant comes here, but i would (as always) for a good offer.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would trade every single player on the under performing team. Maybe I'd keep some of the youngsters. That's about it. Even Harden can go. I really don't even care if we get pennies on the dollar for him at this point.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had forgotten that quote. ugh. :(

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'd prefer to keep all the guys that are good on defense and try to dump everyone else (know we're keeping Harden, so the defensive guys are even more important).
    Not sure it's a good strategy to dump your only good defenders when the team already is slapstick on defense.

6. ibm

ibm Member

depending on whom we get for him.

otherwise, no. not just for the sake of a trade.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

only for the right price. he's on a bargain contract and if used properly, which has never been the case in houston (even first time he was here), he can be a huge piece

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

No

Our defense without Ariza would allow 150 pts a game

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course, anyone but Harden is available for the right deal.

DD

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ur assuming the team is the same next season. if it is then im not watchign a single game and will root against the rockets

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I would love buddy but don't see how he and harden fit together. And to draft him that high we would need to draft a starter. Not a bench player.

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And why is everybody mentioning Jordan clarkson I didn't even know he's available is he a free agent?

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Of course I'd trade Ariza. Then again, I'm looking to blow up the roster and rebuild from the draft, which means keeping Ariza would be counterproductive. I'm not sure what the Rockets could get for him, but he does have a very reasonable contract and is still an effective NBA player.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't because Ariza is a value with his contract. Good morey ball player and fits well with Harden. The draft is a crapshoot

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

For whatever reason, Ariza hasn't been good defensively this season. He's had trouble staying in front of his man.

Rockets opponents are scoring 107 pts per 100 possessions with Ariza on the floor. Rockets opponents are scoring 102.7 pts per 100 possessions with Ariza off the floor.

Rocket opponents shoot 46.6% FG% with Ariza on the floor and 44.4% FG% with Ariza off the floor.

Rockets opponents shoot 37.2% on 3 pointers with Ariza on the court and 33.9% with Ariza on the bench.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

could a lot of this simply be a function of ariza's minutes on the floor largely lining up with those of the opposing team's best perimeter scorer? what were the stats like last year w/ ariza on the floor and off?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. After reading that, if you can get good value, do it. Trevor had me fooled. The effort's there and it's a value contract, in my opinion, but the team needs an overhaul and not just with the coaching staff. Maybe Ariza should be part of that, or start coming off the bench. He played a lot of minutes. Edit: Pippendagimp addressed it well.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know what last season's stats would show, but nonetheless i would have to say that the eyetest certainly implies that ariza's lockdown D has dropped off this season. that plus the fact that imo ariza is inadequate off the dribble in halfcourt and especially on the break, i'd be all for trading him..

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Everyone is going for the steals this year instead of playing heads up man Defense.

DD

20. malakas

malakas Member

Theres certainly a case for trading ariza. He will be 31 next season and his value and defence is only going to get lower from now on.