1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love suffers shoulder injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T.Mcgrady, Apr 26, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Are you blaming Love because he tried to escape from Olkynks judo hold? LOL

classic victim blaming

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

i cant really feel bad for scola stomping Kevin Love

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Despite you dismissing Love's take, I guess we don't listen to victims, despite Love probably being the most experienced person in the league right now to listen to regarding rebounding struggles.

The final say will be if the NBA announces a Flagrant 2. That will settle all takes.

But, did Olynyk even get called for a foul? If not, the league is helpless at upgrading it. They can't upgrade something to a Flagrant 2 unless it was first called a foul?

Was it? If so, let's just wait to see if the league upgrades it. If the league upgrades it, it means their panel of experts say this is not common. If they don't upgrade it, then they agree with the few NBA veterans cited in this thread,,,and JVG.

Fair enough?

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Kevin Love is fortunate this didn't happen on his right shooting shoulder. However, I just don't see him coming back to play any more games if the Cavs make it the Finals. He'll be ineffective and only increase the chance of re-injuring his shoulder.

It's a dirty play - anyone else who doesn't see this is a moron.

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bad back, now a bad/hurt shoulder, better [to] opt in to next year.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not really. The shoulder popping out is what caused all this. No shoulder pop out = no review or discussion or possible upgrade of severity of the foul at all.

10. Major

Major Member

Yes, I would dismiss everyone's opinion on both Boston and Cleveland. They are just a tad bit biased. I don't see why I would value Love's opinion any more than I would Olynyk's.

Did you even read either of my posts? Whether it's a Flagrant 2 or not is irrelevant to what I'm debating. I'll repost them here for you:

I don't disagree with any of that. I am just debating whether there was any intent to injure. Flagrant 2's are based on result rather than intent. They can be (and often are) dirty and intentional; they can also just be accidental/stupid but ugly. If you punch someone in the head because of you were angry at yourself and just meant to punch air, there was no intent, but it's still a flagrant 2.

The action of grabbing and holding an arm happens all the time. The tweet earlier shows Love doing the exact same thing a fraction of a second earlier in the same play. Where it went wrong is that they were moving in different directions while the arm was pinned, with Olynyk stumbling away from the ball while Love was fighting to go towards it.

The grabbing and holding happens all the time. It just became ugly because of the directions they happened to be moving. Normally, the ball is coming towards the players in that situation so no one is really moving. But here, they started chasing the ball while still tied together - there's not necessarily intent there, but intent is not required for either a Flagrant 2 or a suspension. On a side note, Olynyk was suspended yesterday for 1 game.

1 person likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>David Griffin says its &quot;highly unlikely&quot; that Kevin Love returns at any point during the playoffs.</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/593083943164870656">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Kevin Love's labrum tore away from the bone, and will need 4-6 weeks, minimum, to heal. If it doesn't, surgery a possibility.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/593087541311582208">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Time for Lebron to go into Westbrook mode.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

44 points, 11 assists, 12 rebounds, 9 turnovers and an L?

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is kind of a silly argument in general, but I don't think the following happens all the time: armpit pin with one arm + grab wrist with other arm. Love had not done that earlier, to the best I could tell, though he did a typical arm pin using one of his arms.

Basically Olyneck had rendered himself completely basketball-useless, with both arms fully engaged on one arm of his opponent.

But whatever.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Westbrook mode will easily beat East teams.

West teams, yes an L.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Wow. 4 weeks minimum is through part of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Cavs could be in big trouble. Maybe not in the East since the conference is a joke. But whoever they face in the Finals if they get that far will have a decided edge(unless Love is back by then).

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This season, LeBron's usage rate went from 29% to 40% when Kevin Love stepped off the floor. Efficiency plummeted, but this should be fun.</p>&mdash; Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/593092296691814400">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

whatever. That's like saying if Kobe's nose doesn't get broken in the All-Star game head shot, then it's no big deal.

I have no idea what your point is.

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

LOL didn't Westbrook have an almost 50 point triple double and almost lost to the Sixers? The game went to overtime, too.

Cleveland's depth is very worrisome, especially with Love out and JR's suspension. They are playing James Jones major minutes, when was the last time he had that?

Irving / Della
    Iman / Miller
    Lebron / James Jones
    Thompson / Marion
    Mozgov / Perkins

Goodness that 2nd unit is a joke. Hello 44 mpg from Irving and Lebron!