1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love suffers shoulder injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T.Mcgrady, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Should be fined/suspended, not a "basketball" play and most definitely excessive.

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Wow, 27 games on avg? Apparently it popped back in in the locker room, which is a good thing I guess...

I will be interesting what the league does to Olynyk. If Love is out for the remainder of the season... I initially thought there wasn't too much in it (as previous poster mentioned, wrestles and arm grabs/pulls happen a million times), but from some angles it does look like he was trying to do some damage.

I'm guessing they will come down hard on him, hope they do the same to JR and Perkins.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

On the bright side, this may have ended Bogut's career

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Watch the play again. The ball was not even close to Love or anywhere near the vicinity.

I would have little problem if the ball was in Love's possession and he was fighting for the ball, which would make it a basketball play.

But the ball was gone, and yet he did another pull of the arm. That's not just **** happens.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I mean, Love knows a thing or two about bush league, am I right?

[​IMG]

Personally I'd be inclined to call it dirty and deserving of a game or two suspension, but not viciously so and certainly not intended to do that.

#65 CDrex, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

He held on to his arm because he didn't want him to get the ball not to dislocate his shoulder. It's an accident in my opinion.

7. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

That he pulled his arm is not **** happens. That's frustration. In the heat of the moment, I don't think that's a big deal. I don't think it was malicious in any way. The **** happens part is that it resulted in his injury. Hopefully he recovers fast.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

they got tangled up while fighting for a rebound, this is the playoffs and that type of play happens probably 20 times a game

Its not like he took a swing at the guy away from the play

9. t_mac1

Playing out of frustration can often lead to dirty plays. That was a dirty play. And it should result in a huge suspension.

Love most likely won't recover in term for the next series. Dislocated shoulder often take months. Shumpert had one and he was out for 6 weeks.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that it's dirty but not vicious. I don't think he intentionally dislocate Love's shoulder. But you don't full in an arm lock like that. He was trying to prevent Love from getting to the ball with a dirty tactic.

11. Sir Geving

IMO, a huge suspension for this is just stupid. Nobody would be talking about Olynyk pulling his arm if Love wasn't unlucky and got hurt.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Love said after the game "I have no doubt it was intentional."

I agree. That was not "getting tangled" up. That was intended to hurt Love. And I'm no Love fan, much at all.

13. t_mac1

Love was "unlucky and got hurt" b/c the guy pulled at his arm hard (not wrestling for loose balls like we see all the time) even when the ball was not anywhere near them. The play was over.

That was clearly a dirty play. And the result was a player getting injured b/c of it.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He did everything he could to keep Love from the ball..that included snatching his arm down forcefully in an awkward position.

15. Sir Geving

Hard and forcefully. Lol, welcome to 2015.

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

I don't believe it was a dirty play too. They were wrestling for a rebound.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone have a gif of Lin intentionally hurting Harden's shoulder last year?

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I'm not sure what yall watching. Kelley yanked love's arm back when the ball wasn't in reach. You can even tell from his reaction after he did it. This was a dirty play and if it was done to one of our rockets , I'm sure ur opinion would have be different toward a dirty play. I don't think he should be suspended hard ( remember battier did dislocate Dwade's shoulder here in Houston) but that was unintentional.

19. Faust

Faust Member

106-102 Rockets

hubie brown will be a pain to listen to again. some technicals in the 4th Q as dallas players get frustrated at the sweep.

20. Faust

Faust Member

wrong thread my b