1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The only chance to beat this emerging dynasty (GSW)...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballclub, May 23, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL a franchise with 14 winning seasons in the last 4 decades is all of a sudden a dynasty because they managed to string 3 consecutive winning seasons together and have a chance at 1 championship....Crazy kids these days.

2. ballclub

ballclub Member

It hasn't happened all year. These guys are machines (and I'm a Rockets fan). Plus, these guys can get to the rack for layup with their quickness. Even if it happens to one (highly doubtful), the other one will pick up the slack, or Barnes, or Draymond.

Most important stat: They were +15 on average margin of victory, one of the highest in league history, and one of the most predictable stats for greatness. But I guess I can't expect everyone to read how historic these guys are, and they ain't going anywhere. Even if Green leaves, they'll just recruit some other highly desired free agent to fill his place for peanuts since he will want to win a ring.

3. ballclub

ballclub Member

Unbelievable how uneducated some of these posters are on Clutchfans who think the past has a big determinant on the future. If that were the case, the Spurs and Patriots would have never won rings. How stupid.

What's also dumb is how very little they have read how historic the numbers these guys are racking up, even when Curry smacks us in our own gym to show his greatness in person with the whole world watching. They think it's some kind of fluke or something. No wonder Houston fans get no respect for basketball IQ compared to fans in New York or Chicago.

4. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Lol at dynasty but honestly this squad needs to upgrade the PG with more consistent scoring and decent defense. Making Dwight have to come off his man only to be the victim of an alley oop or easy dish is frustrating. Watching JET in this shooting slump is frustrating.

We need better 3 point shooters...at least consistent 3 point shooters for any chance to improve.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Green leaves, they can't replace him. They'll still be over the cap. He makes less than a million this season, so it's not like his departure would open up a ton of cap space. Just like how the Rockets gained no real advantage in that respect when they declined to match Parsons' deal with the Mavs.

I do think they'll match Green and try to do whatever they can to unload Lee. And failing that, they'll give Iggy away if necessary. Barbosa is a goner since he'll almost certainly get an offer for more than the 1.4 mil he's making this year. And they may even have to decline the option on Speights since he'll make nearly 4 mil next year.

The more I look at it, the Warriors probably have a 3-year window(including this season) to contend with this core(or most of it). Matching Green this summer, re-signing Barnes and Ezeli next summer, and then handing Curry a 30 mil/yr extension the summer after that while having to deal with the free agency of Bogut and Iggy(assuming he isn't dealt before then) will cost way too much money even with the cap about to skyrocket.

The problem of course is that the Rockets window likely isn't much more than the next 2 years either unless Morey hits the jackpot in the 2016 offseason and Capela continues to develop to the point where he can step in for Dwight once his athleticism starts to decline,

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So what has their winning got to do with me liking them?

You don't get to tell me who to like.

They're our rivals; I will never like them. I didn't like them under Mark Jackson and I certainly don't like them now when media is fawning all over them.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....You do realize that the Spurs have missed the playoffs like 4 times in their history right? They are one of, if not the most consistently good franchise in NBA history. Maybe you should brush up on your NBA history before criticizing others.

The Warriors are having a magical season, but the odds are very much against it happening again for a host of reasons.....but go ahead and think that they are a dynasty in the making LOL

8. malakas

malakas Member

Green won't leave. There's no point discussing it. He's a RFA. Notice the R infront of the FA? It means restricted.

9. dream_team

dream_team Member

I think it will be a similar situation to Parsons. I think a desperate team will offer Draymond max money, and GS will not (and should not) match. IMO, he's not a max player. They can possibly do a 2 year max deal, since they don't have to worry about Steph, Bogut, and Barnes for another 2 years... but if Green is smart, he'll go for the long-term big money this off season.

And before we claim GS as a dynasty... the Warriors were extremely fortunate this season, they didn't suffer any major injuries. All of the top teams in the NBA this season had some type of injury adversity they had to overcome, except for the warriors. Imagine the Rockets with a healthy Dwight, TJ, DMO, and PatBev for the whole season!

10. malakas

malakas Member

A max this season will equal 10 mil in 2 years. Considering that without Green they wouldn't even be here because he's that valuable to them they will match.

You will be surprised at how many max contracts will be handed out this offseason.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Rox have trouble running a simple fast break. Trouble with simple man on man defensive assignments, not to mention horrible b-ball iq in crucial moments..

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Green is worth 16 mil/yr to the Warriors. He's that important to their team. I don't think they mind paying him that kind of money. It's the potential luxury tax hit they'll take plus the difficulty in retaining everyone else over the next two seasons that's the problem.

And yes, Green will take the money this summer. He'd be an idiot not to. You don't turn down a chance to make 16 times what you made this past season, especially when you've yet to sign a big contract in your NBA career. Just ask Chandler Parsons.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd hate for my dynasty to depend on one player's ankles.

14. Possum

Possum Member

We ARE the better team. Period! The key to beating them is simple. Harden has to stop with the iso bull****. Notice how when Curry cathes the ball off screens he shoots open shots? Notice when Harden catches the ball off screens he turns faces the defender and becomes a one on one player either trying to dribble around the defender or shooting over him?

Then there is Howard. He needs to stop trying to be a post up player. He is not good at it. When we throw the ball to him in the post he needs to recognize where he is. If he can't take one step and dunk it or lay it up off the glass he needs to pass it back out.

Our stars are making the game harder than it has to be. We got to where we are because we played smart team ball. If we start doing that again we can win against this team. We are the more talented team we just have to play smart team ball and they won't be able to stop us.

15. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Every historically great single season team with young starts is proclaimed a dynasty. Most fall off for unpredictable reasons.

Remember the old Jason Kidd Mavs? The Penny-Shaq Magic? More recently, the Thunder?

Each proclaimed a dynasty in the making. 0 rings among them.

16. ballclub

ballclub Member

What a joke of a statement thinking that making the playoffs means a team will be a dynasty when they lost in the first round many times in the 70's and 80's, and thinking making the playoffs in the 70's and 80's will make them a dynasty from 1999 to 2014 -- R.C., Pop, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili had nothing to do with those early teams. I've been following the NBA more closely than before you were a twinkle in your Daddy's eye. So brush up on your NBA history, bro.

And you're really going out on a limb saying the "odds are very much against it happening again." Really insightful analysis. You should work for ESPN LOL

17. ballclub

ballclub Member

What a stupid statement. No one said anything about like. Get with it. It's about respect. You can hate another team as much as you want. I hate them, too. But anyone who knows basketball knows they must be respected.