1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The only chance to beat this emerging dynasty (GSW)...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballclub, May 23, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

While I agree (of course) I also think we win those games if he is healthy.

2. ballclub

ballclub Member

"Emerging" is the key word. Their core is either in their prime or still very young, and Curry can take them a long way (like LeBron has with MIA and maybe CLE). He's such an indefensible weapon.

Winning 3 or 4 titles in a row isn't out of the realm of possibility. Spurs are getting older, Clips, OKC and HOU are dysfunctional, it'll take the Pelicans a few years to put their act together under Davis. The East will continue to be bad (LeBron is getting older). There's really not much competition for them.

3. ballclub

ballclub Member

Yeah, right, like Steve Nash was washed up at 29 and became a spot-up shooter. What a joke of a statement.

4. ibm

ibm Member

i dont remember if people called the heat a dynasty when they won 2 in a row.

i like to watch the gsw play. they're fun to watch, esp when they're not playing us. and they're dominating the league. but a dynasty? not sure. call me again when they win 5-6 championships or when they 3-peat. just dont speak too soon.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL every time I see this thread it makes me laugh, "emerging dynasty".....heh.

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

yes, I have no doubt

7. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

If Draymond Green leaves then I'm not too worried

Barnes is nowhere near the entire overall player that Green is. At best Barnes is a decent average starter.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Bogut and Iggy... they're a bit old (certainly Iggy is) and aren't getting any younger

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Lmfao @ this thread. I need to just get off the garm. Too much GS dick sucking going on. LOF have been replaced by GSOF?

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think the OP just chose his words poorly. Sounds like he meant "potential" dynasty. And as good as the Warriors have been this season, nobody should have a problem with that.

It's really weird that the key to whether they can hold it together is probably whether or not they retain Draymond Green. That guy has become one hell of a player.

10. ballclub

ballclub Member

I can see your point about using "potential" vs. "emerging" but this team has many of the elements of "emerging" with Curry being so dominant. I'll stand by "emerging" since my prediction about this team is coming true. Here's why.

I actually met a GSW advance scout on a flight from Memphis to Houston after GSW won the Memphis series. He was going to Houston to scout the Rockets. I told him based on all that I've seen of the Warriors and watching almost every Rockets game this season, I predicted a GSW sweep, as painful as it was for me to admit it. They are just too good (and Houston is too undisciplined with too many turnovers, players just 'winging it,' etc.), and just about every key GSW player is in their prime or entering it.

Regarding retaining Draymond Green, I agree with you it's kind of weird everyone is emphasizing that being such a big deal. The thing that everyone is forgetting is that GSW is so good, whatever they lose with existing players leaving for more $, they will gain back with experienced veterans who are willing to play for GSW at very reduced prices. Kind of like how LeBron and Miami were able to immediately attract Chris Bosh, then Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, etc. Those role players were key to their championships. If LeBron hadn't left Miami, they'd still be in the "dynasty" conversation if they won another ring or two.

Curry will have that effect in GSW. So the only way to slow them down a little is to take away some of their assets, like a key assistant coach in Gentry. It's worth a shot.

Here's what Marc Stein wrote about Gentry earlier today:

"Gentry, meanwhile, is known league wide as an offensive innovator who, after his time under D'Antoni in Phoenix, led the Suns to the Western Conference finals in 2010 and helped Steve Kerr craft a Golden State offense that draws from the sets popularized by the Steve Nash-era Suns, as well as the heavy reliance on ball movement seen in Gregg Popovich's San Antonio Spurs over the past few seasons."

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Ummmmm.... the only way we beat a full strength Warriors team is with a full strength Rockets team (+Dmo + Bev +Fully Healthy Howard). Why do must we argue otherwise?

12. Mr Chuck Norris

Sounds like we need to hire him

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, let's keep bumping this thread, it's good for a laugh every single time I read the headline.

14. ballclub

ballclub Member

Shows how much you know. How idiotic to discount how good Curry and these guys are. You're in denial, bro.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, thanks for bumping the thread, it was worth another good laugh.

Anyway, denial ain't just a river in Italy bub, congrats to glass ankles and the pips for this season, but "dynasty"? LOL wow.

16. ballclub

ballclub Member

Funny how you're quick to criticize prognostications of others but don't have the guts to go out on a limb with anything of substance of your own. Boring. Irrelevant.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, I'll go out on a limb and say that the Warriors will not be a "dynasty" and that this will be their last trip to the finals in the next decade......though that's not really going out on much of a limb.

18. ballclub

ballclub Member

Finally, we can agree on something: yeah, it's not going out on a limb to say they will not be a dynasty. No guts, no glory. But I'll take that bet on the last trip to the Finals in the next decade. That's laughable. :eek:

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, what's laughable was the last 35 years of Warriors history.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am the first one to laugh about this freakin dynasty thing and when Klay or Curry undergoes a major SHOOTING SLUMP....