1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We may have reached the Apocalyptic Scenario with Antibiotics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Dec 7, 2014.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Diagnosed with strep yesterday and in less than 24 hours on antibiotics I feel so much better. The 36 hours prior I was running 102 fevers and major pains everywhere. Now I need to finish my prescription but thank you science for antibiotics!!!

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. rage

rage Member

Don't you read?
    It may work great for you the 1st time, the 2nd time ... but wait until you need it the next time and the time after that.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well time to invest in probiotics, a healthy immune system will do wonders.

6. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Still doesn't address gram negative bacteria, which is a major concern.

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Great news. Maybe I sound negative nancy over here, but I had the feeling it was one of those things that you see coming, but cannot do anything to stop it. I didn't think it would end the race or anything. Anybody else think it is ironic how the human race has been littered with idiots, stupidity, abstaining, ignorance, and widespread obliviousness, but has progressed forward because of some smart peeps?

It is kinda sad that if I did not lurk the Hangout, I would not know that this happened. One would think that a potential medical savior for antibiotics would get more news, but nope! Let's just ignore that massive, important information. OMG, KIM K JUST BROKE THE INTERNET!!! I have been reading about antibiotic-resistant bacteria for a while, and it is just shocking that such things do not get more news/attention/money devoted. At the same time, it could cause widespread panic: "Antibiotics might not be working in 10 years? Learn more inside scoop at Fox News after this short commercial break!"

As an econ student, I disagree with him. As a ChemE student, I disagree with him. However, as a MSAE and Sustainable Engineering student (the minors), I am intrigued by the endless possibilities of technological advances through natural materials, polymers, catalysts, etc. I mean, that is why I am studying it. :grin:

I would have to disagree. Please, what are your reasons, economically or others, to back your opinion?

Haha. The supply and demand! :p

What about both? :grin: