1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Christopher

Christopher Member

I'm the opposite. I am EXTREMELY lucky. I pick up legendary engrams all the time. I even get them just doing patrol missions.

I've broken down so many legendary weapons and armour, even exotic weapons and armour. I don't know why I get so much good stuff when playing this game. Whether it's a combination of the gear I use, or if it's just dumb luck.

I do feel like the longer you play the game the more legendary drops you get. Also keep in mind that when you get to a new cryptarc level you can get legendary engrams. Also getting all golds in your first public event on the day will get you something good in the tower.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No offense to you because I'm not meaning to imply this is you. Some people are much luckier than others in this game. For example someone posted on reddit today they raided and managed to come away with about 7 legendaries/exotics total. At any rate this game rewards you for being bad. Nearly every time I see someone get an exotic in crucible for example they are dead last. (I'm definitely not the only one who notices)

If you're routinely at the top you get essentially nothing. My guess is this is intentional because Bungie designers know the good people will keep playing, and sucky ones need motivation. It's genius, and accurate, but a total pain in the ass. With that said luck is absolutely involved.

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

I don't play too much crucible at all so I couldn't say if that's the case. From what I've seen though it would go from random to the worst players getting the loot. It certainly isn't the best players getting it that's for sure.

I've read all the posts on reddit about people saying they have played for say 60 hours and have yet to get a legendary. I feel sorry for them because that's when the game gets really interesting as you're able to level up and you're not just surviving certain parts of it but you're able to apply strategy.

I wouldn't have a clue why I'm lucky. I will say that from the few people I play alongside though, the longer they play, the luckier they seem to get. It may go by how many hours you put in (I've put in something like 160 hours I think) but who knows.

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I added you last night kpo shizzle. At least I think I did, I'm not sure if an actual friend invite went out. The xbox one is not nearly as intuitive as the 360.

But I do have some good news. I got a message last night from 2 guys that are level 27s. Including kpo shizzle (level 28), these 2 new guys that are interested in joining (level 27s), myself (level 27), and the other CFer that I roll with (level 28), that puts us at a solid team of 5. We just need 1 more consistent and strong player. I know a few other CFers are interested in joining, but they just have to level up, which hopefully won't take too long.

Once we can get a confirmed 1 more to join the team, I think we should try and coordinate our efforts as to when to get on and the gameplan to tackle the Vault of Glass. I'm open for suggestions and ideas though, as I am by no means an expert here, so feel free to fire away.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Alright, let's see if this works:

Let's try and get a group of 6 to do the Vault of Glass raid on Saturday, 10/25/2014, starting at 11:00pm cst (I know there is at least 1 of us on the west coast, so I have to explicitly say cst).

Who's in? Either reply here, or send me a message through xbox live (gamertag is GuerrillaStench). I'll update this thread with any private messages I receive. I'd like to confirm the team of 6 prior to the weekend.

From what I've seen, I believe that communication will be crucial, so I'd strongly prefer that all 6 of us have mics and are actively communicating. We certainly can make exceptions, but it will make it much more challenging in my humble opinion.

By the power of Clutchfans, let's get this done!

6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Haha alright, not the response I was hoping for, but as of now we have the following committed for tomorrow night:

GT: GuerrillaStench (me) - level 27
    GT: MojoTrain - level 29

That's it for now. Unfortunately another guy I've run with in the past will be out of town this weekend, so that's one less than I was expecting. Mojo and I did the Nightfall last night (that dude is a beast!), so we were talking about it, and if we can't get a full clutchfans team (our preference), we'll just try and join a random team for the Vault of Glass (plan B).

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cross post from the PS4 thread, cus I know some of your Xbox dudes feel my pain.

----

I need to vent...**** Xur...**** **** ****ity **** Xur. Or at minimum, **** whomever at Bungie is in charge of his loot for the week.

The Armamentarium...was here last week. Hell 2 of us got it from the random chest engram last week. Crest of Alpha Lupi, while looking cool is not as useful as an extra golden gun shot from my cancer helmet. I don't have a Warlock, so that doesn't help. Suros? Again? You mean the same one you just nerfed and you said you're going to nerf again? Yeah, no thanks.

In other words, I now have a legendary sparrow. Wooooooooptydoo.

8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Dang it, that sucks to know. I'm up to 30 strange coins and was looking forward to my first weapon purchase from Xur. What would you recommend, should I just hold onto them and hope for something better next week? I have some recently new legendary weapons that I could work on upgrading over the course of the week anyway.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you don't have an exotic weapon right now, unquestionably buy Suros. If you don't have an exotic helmet already, I definitely suggest the armor as well. With that said if you have a legendary weapon that might be on par or better than Suros I might hold off.

For me I'm not a huge fan of autorifles and as I said, it's been nerfed once and is apparently in line for another. I already have 2 exotic helmets, and I have the armamentarium on my Titan so this week just sucks for me really.

1 person likes this.
  10. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I received your message last night (handle kpo shizzle). There's a 75% chance I'll be on and can join in. I'm a 27 sunsinger/28 voidwalker (equipment) depending on what the team needs.

I might be able to pull 1-2 other guys in.

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the input seclusion. You're right, as I don't have any exotic item just yet that I can equip (weapon or armor), I'll probably be using my strange coins this weekend, especially to help with the raid. Thanks brother. Get your xbox one character up so you can join us in our quest for world dominance.

12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

That would be awesome. Would a change in time be better for you? I picked 11 for two main reasons; one, I want to ensure that I can put the kids to bed, and I don't want to risk the whole group just waiting on me; and two, Mojo is on the west coast, so that would be 9 for him, which may or may not be too early.

That being said, we could definitely tweak the time if that ensures you'd be able to make it. Also, it looks like we need all the help we can get, so reach out to the 1-2 others guys tonight, so they can have it on their radar, and commit for tomorrow. I'm an eternal optimist, so I am going to go ahead and add you to the list, haha. So we are currently at:

GT: kpo shizzle - level 27/28

We got the makings of a strong team, and we are halfway there!

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're welcome! My friend will be buying his xbox next week, then I shall let the leveling begin. (Again...)

14. cdastros

cdastros Member

I am in with my level 28 Titan.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

So how long does this game go on for? I don't really have a whole lot of time on my hands so i only manage about 5-10 hours a week tops. I've managed to reach level 18, and i prefer crucible, but it's hard with other players with there much better weapons and armor. I still do okish but I'm used to being better(CoD).

Also, any tips on how to level up easier, or any secrets or clues about the game i might not know? I'm a titan. Also what's the difference in the sub-class, i switched over but I'm much crappier so i switched back. Do i level both up?

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Nice, that puts us at 4:

GT: kpo shizzle - level 27/28
    GT: Deagle236 - level 28

With just 2 more spots to go, I am much more optimistic about conquering the Vault of Glass. If anything changes, and if any team members cannot make it for whatever reason, let us know asap, which would give us more time to find a replacement. Hopefully you can make it kpo shizzle, along with your 2 friends. That would make the team whole. Hopefully I see you guys on tomorrow night at 11!

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Weapons and armor don't make a difference in Crucible really. You get the effects from your skills still, and if your weapons have bonuses you get those effects as well but the actual number you see on those items means nothing. I went on my level 18 Titan with no gear and had no issues vs level 28 a couple days ago. This game is a lot more team oriented than CoD due to kill times. (shields and all) What I mean to say is, perhaps this is one of your issues. If you go run off by yourself, you're at best going to get 1 kill and die in most scenarios. Always stick with teammates and try to pick off people together.

With that said, 5-10 hours a week should be more than enough to get some cool stuff. You should level both. Obviously you can't do both at the same time, so you should pick and choose. With Titans it's rather important because when you get into raids and stuff almost all titans use the defender subclass instead of striker. Why you ask? Because you can't use the Striker special without getting 1 shotted by higher level stuff -- especially bosses. Whereas the bubble can be the difference between success and a full wipe.

Key to leveling: Bounties. All day. Everyday.
    Find the easiest ones you can do, and do them all when you log in. This includes Crucible. The fastest way to level and to get loot is to not count on one avenue of approach. The other key is killing stuff alone will give you xp, but it's nowhere near as close as getting xp from either completing a bounty, or story mission (for the first time of course).

Don't ever go into a Crucible match with an unleveled subclass or weapons...it'll make you hate the game. If you get new weapons etc, always level them up in PVE then go into Crucible later.

1 person likes this.
  18. BigMaloe

Much appreciated.

Another thing if anyone can answer, what do i do with all these consumables and materials

#158 BigMaloe, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Which are you referring to?
    The black wax and such? Or the ammo things?
    If it's the former, use those when you're going to be killing a lot of X (x can be cabal, vex, hive, or fallen depending on the item...it should tell you which and you get a bonus on glimmer for 10 minutes). The ammo...I almost never use those, but they're good in situations where you cant leave (like raids) to get extra ammo.

If neither of these it, my apologies.

The materials are for upgrading weapons later, and you can also turn them in for faction (vanguard marks or crucible marks) to certain vendors. Definitely hang on to those and collect them whenever you see them. You won't really reach a point when you don't need them.

20. BigMaloe

Edit: nvm you answered.

Thanks a lot man.