1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Danke! I feel like I beat the game. Haha.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Played the first story mission of the new quest line, it felt similar to the previous stuff but had some cool twists. I like the new social space in the reef, it makes the game feel fresh despite it being a minor thing. I also haven't played in a month or so, I definitely needed the break from it.

Really excited to try out the Prison of Elders, and Trials of Osiris this weekend. Some of the new weapons and armor seem very cool.
    The upgrade process for everything seems extremely streamlined compared to before. I definitely feel like Bungie is listening and making a lot of positive additions. I'll add more once I've played the new stuff / new maps.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well the other thread got bumped, so where's all the dudes playing on Xbox?
    I just picked up this beast from the secret off shoot of the daily quest. (It's basically the Crota's End Blackhammer, but in Exotic form with a lot more damage)

[​IMG]
    https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/23/destiny-the-taken-king-black-spindle/

If anyone wants to add me, feel free. I have a 294 hunter, and I'm working on my warlock next (lvl 38 with a ton of exotics waiting).

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I'm still here, alive and kicking. I plan on trying to do the Black Spindle trick later tonight. How hard was the 10 minute-timed fight? We may need a 3rd to help us, would you be down to aid fellow Clutchfans?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Normally my answer would be yes, but I have 3 friends who have already demanded my help, haha. I would recommend at least 3 people. I have someone on my friends list that did it with 2, however.

It's hard. Fast clearing is extremely important.
    In my opinion the best team makeup you can have for this, is a nightstalker using blood bound, a stormcaller, and a defender titan.
    I was 292 light, and the 2 people I was with were 297 I believe. I definitely think everyone needs to be 290+, but I've seen people on reddit who are lower complete it.

The hunter/warlock are your big add clearers, and the titan gives you weapons of light, or defense. (Weapons of light helped on the clears like you wouldn't believe)

The boss himself isn't a big deal, the problem is the constant adds that spawn with him. The knights are big pain due to them messing with your vision (the boss fires the same type of effect).

We failed the first run (they said they had come close with just two), but the second run we were significantly quicker and finished with about 30 seconds to a minute left.

I think it's important to have at least 1 person DPSing the boss, while the others clear.

#505 seclusion, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  6. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

It's all good. Thanks for the helpful advice too.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Got home last night ready to put in a solid 4 hours..... my internet is down for some reason.

I am praying they've fixed it by the time I've finished work tonight.

I'll add anyone who has put their gamertag down. I've bought a headset so am ready to get on with some people once I've levelled up.

Didn't realise the game was all online though? What's the deal with a single player campaign or anything etc? With my internet down I couldn't do a thing on my PS4 with Destiny yesterday - kept kicking me to the dashboard because it couldn't establish a connection.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The entire game is online. If your internet is down you won't be able to play unfortunately.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok I'm late to the party.
    What do i need to know? I picked a guardian class.

Hows the multiplayer work? I'm use to call of duty

10. Cranberry_Juice

Guardian Class? That's like the Jeremy Lin of Guardians. They jump high but nowhere to go and their supers, if they miss, lead to turnovers.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Not true. They are very good at shooting at long range

12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I haven't played since Halo came out but I tried hard mode raid and it was easy up until Oryx. Oryx was impossible and I had to quit.

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man I totally get my ass handed to me in the Crucibles.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Crucible is EZ mode. I haven't touched Destiny since Halo came out. It's much more balanced as far as multiplayer goes and that's what I likes. I'll definitely jump back into Destiny (still haven't finished the new raid...), it just isn't priority 1 right now.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Should i get halo 5?

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you like Halo multiplayer, absolutely. 100% yes. (I thought Halo 4's multiplayer was AWFUL for reference. I also hated Halo 3. Loved 1/2/Reach).
    This is more modern naturally. You can sprint, clamber, and ADS like COD. With some nice additions.

17. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I'll add you and we can play some halo later. It took me until I reached SR 26 to get my first sniper in a req pack.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't know if anyone else here is still playing Destiny, but I needed a place to gush. I've really enjoyed the latest expansion, it and Taken King have been very fun. I don't like how Activision has clearly influenced Bungie with the ridiculous use of microtransactions that are currently happening. However, the raid, gear, quests, and general story have been a lot of fun. Now for the important stuff:

Last night after like 4 straight hours of epic-late-night on-a-weekday-ownage, myself and two of my friends are now proud owners of Outbreak Prime. Hope you people like nanites or you're going to be mad at meee.

[​IMG]

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Am waiting for XBox Scorpio.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Destiny 2 should be out by then as well as Red Dead 2. Can we fast forward?