1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't build it up because of Bungie. I built it up because I played it in Alpha, as well as Beta and truly enjoyed it. I still do, and everyone else I know who has the game loves it. Honestly I've never seen a game have such a huge disparity in like/dislike.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think I'll hold off on this. Doesn't sound that great for my tastes. I'm still enjoying Titanfall.

Maybe GTA or MCC will be worth it.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I would def buy this game...if it wasnt for the fact that I just got Madden a few weeks ago and Fifa comes out in a few days.

4. BonziWellsGOAT

Bro lets get on the game

5. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I'll be on around 3:30 and I plan on playing most of the day if anyone wants to join.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hi. Noob here, picked Warlock yesterday. Did I make the right move?

Any tips or pointers? A buddy and I may be interested in getting on the CF group if y'all need more people.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think you can go wrong with any class, but as best as I can tell popularity is Hunter -> Warlock -> Titan. Warlocks are very fun imo, the only class I haven't been a big fan of is Titans. As far as tips, I can't really give you any. At your level, just have fun and try everything out.

8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Feel free to join the CF group I created, although I will warn that we have a whopping 2 members (including myself), haha! I started it thinking that it would be a much more convenient way of teaming up to do specific things we are hoping to do. The companion app is pretty cool, and I like that I get notifications immediately on my phone, as opposed to having to check clutchfans for potentially new messages (which I rarely do from home).

I have only teamed up with 1 clutchfan thus far, a few times with BonziWellsGOAT, and that experience was much more fun than teaming up with randoms and not using the headset.

Hopefully that can change this weekend, keep an eye out for me, and add me: GuerrillaStench.

9. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

How do you join?

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

That's a great question, and might help others join as well. To be honest, I created it, but have not joined another group before, so I hope I don't mislead you. I think you would just sign in on Bungie.net. On the menu found on the far left of the screen, there is an icon for Groups. Just click that, and search for "Clutchfans." After that, I am assuming you click join or something, and then I just have to click approve on my end. I would imagine it is something simple like that.

GT KingTekh5, as you are the only brave soul to have joined thus far, please let us know the steps you took, and if I misspoke regarding anything above.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll join as soon as I learn how. I still don't even know how to accept an invite while in game!

12. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

When i joined i actually could not find the clan by just typing clutchfans. It kept giving me a message that it could not be found so what i did instead was search your GT (GuerrillaStench) when i found that it took me to your profile and i was able to see what clan you were in. I clicked the clan and it gave me the option to request to join.

13. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Solid. Just sent a request to join.

14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I just approved GT A D D Crackhead.

Is that you Bear? I thought from earlier in the thread that your GT was Korver167. I don't mind either way, I just wanted to make sure that you haveb been approved.

Also, thank you very much for the clarification Mac#5. Just to clarify, here is the actual way to join the Clutchfans group I created at bungie.net (and which also flows into the Destiny companion app, which I recommend). Per Mac#5:

When i joined i actually could not find the clan by just typing clutchfans. It kept giving me a message that it could not be found so what i did instead was search your GT (GuerrillaStench) when i found that it took me to your profile and i was able to see what clan you were in. I clicked the clan and it gave me the option to request to join.​

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sent request to join.

16. cdastros

cdastros Member

Just sent a request Nippystix. My tag is Deagle236

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

Finished 2 sections of the hall of glass and got so close to finishing the lot.

I can't even tell you how hard it is. It's crazy! It adds so many game elements that aren't in the main game too. Just getting from section to section is a nightmare!

18. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Sorry for the delay, but I just approved it. I was exhausted on Saturday night and went to bed fairly early, and got no gaming in (probably from playing Destiny during the work week!). I played some last night, and was able to level up to 23. I want to try and keep on leveling up so I can take part in some of the more challenging things. I've been sticking to mainly Crucible matches, but if anyone is interested in doing some strike missions, just let me know.

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

My gamer tag is Tmoney1101 if anyone want to add me.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I will likely join this weekend. But I'm probably not that good. Mostly a campaign player.