1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter Says Company Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Nov 10, 2012.

1. rtsy

rtsy Member

No, believing that it is a right for Arby's to pay for your health care is fantasy land.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not necessarily true, happiness often comes at the expense of productivity

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, that's called the law. If you want to ruin the environment, provide no benefits, and be free from regulations then try Afghanistan.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

LOL at the liberal responses on here. What did you think would happen with such a crappy law as Obamacare. To think some on here think companies are laying off just because of the election results. I don't know if it is lack of common sense or just naivety, but liberals just don't seem to understand some very easy and common sense business principals.

Wait, I know the solution, maybe the government should just take over these businesses and throw their owners and/or CEO's in prison. How dare them want to make a profit. Greedy bastards.:rolleyes:

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

To a certain extent. I've seen what morale does when the GM is someone the crew likes vs one they don't. It's a much less pleasant place to work even if for the big-wigs the numbers improve. You get more leeway with the crap a regular Joe will put up with as well when he is happier....

But being happy with insurance vs not happy with losing the stalwarts of a team that make things go so much smoother is another thing to weigh for CEOs...

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This "make my day" approach by the left to layoffs really helps all those unemployed they profess to care about.

But hey, at least we're stickin it to em now, greedy bastards, that's all that matters. Corporations have got to get got.

1 person likes this.
  7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

It's going to be law soon. Not yet. And it is a NEW law so to act like businesses have been breaking some law for decades now is an odd stance to take.

8. rtsy

rtsy Member

Yes, the government taking over everything is the only solution to everything.

Chuck E. Cheese owes me all of my health care. It's my right.

9. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Thats the great thing about democracy. You have a right to cut off your nose to spite your face. This is just some pouting. I sure they'll get in line with the market eventually and start hiring/paying or someine else will.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Papa John's profits have been rising... must be tough on them to provide a reasonable level of health benefits to their employees.

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It's going to be great when we get past all this ridiculous bull**** and just get a single-payer healthcare system.

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

What a strange concept: if you are going to utilize and profit off a worker base that the taxpayer educated and has a continuing duty to protect, you have to take care of said workers.

13. Baba Booey

this.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Why should companies be obligated to take care of their employees? Why cant the employees take care of themselves? Last I checked, this country was still operating on a Free Enterprise system in which you have the ability to make much as money as you want for yourself and family, or make as little as you want. That's YOUR decision and nobody else's.

This is the problem with America today - everyone wants a stinkin handout as if you're entitled..you're not entitled to anything! You wanna take from the successful people who have put their blood, sweat, and tears into making their companies what it is today. What makes you think that it's THEIR responsibility to provide for you? Dont blame others (successful business owners/companies) for doing the things that you're unwilling to do.

"95% of America blame others, 5% of America takes responsibility." - Jeff Olson, The Slight Edge

Which side of the spectrum do you think you're falling under?

15. Baba Booey

do you have any knowledge of the history of labor?

16. thadeus

How much (in dollars) are you worth?

17. cml750

cml750 Member

That is why Obamacare was created in the first place. It wouldn't surprise me if Obamacare doesn't screw up healthcare so bad that we end up with a single payer system by 2016. I am curious if tort reform will be addressed in the single payer system we will have in the next few years. The Canadian single payer system does not allow much punitive damages in lawsuits. This keeps malpractice insurance lower and thus helps control cost. Obamcare did absolutely nothing to stop this. Will them Democrats include tort reform at the expense of their trial lawyer buddies???

18. thadeus

That would be great!

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sure, I would be happy to have reasonable limits on lawsuit damages in exchange for a single-payer health care system.

20. rtsy

rtsy Member