1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papa John's CEO John Schnatter Says Company Will Reduce Workers' Hours In Response To

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So to recap:

Republicans think it's ok to spend public funds killing threats from far away, ie terrorists, governments that may or may not have weapons of mass destruction, and general dictatorships we don't agree with. However, killing local threats like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes is wrong and corporations and the America people as a whole should bear the burden. In fact, Americans who make too little to afford healthcare deserve that treatment because they chose a life of low income in the first place. Got it. I guess I though I was living in another world here....

I swear, these corporations are trying to take us hostage and it appears that the Republicans around here have Stockhold syndrome. Republicans, if you want a system in which you don't have to care about giving your employees a fair wage and worrying about their health benefits maybe you should look into slave labor... Oh wait, at least with slaves you have to make sure they are healthy because if they die you lost your investment. Health care is a right, not a privilege. That's why the bill passed. Get over it.

1 person likes this.
  2. rtsy

rtsy Member

Health care is not a right, never has been. You have been fooled.

3. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

It is now! A generation from now, no one will remember the time when healthcare was a 'privilege.'

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

If you think we have no obligation to take care of each other, then you are a sick sick person. There is a limit to how much we care, but if you do not think it is your obligation to care about your fellow man, your brother in countryhood, then you sir are a bad citizen at that. Believe me, I don't support welfare, food stamps, or assistance of that nature, but healthcare and the right to low interest student loans are a necessary evil to keep a functioning country. If we have enough money to kill other people, we have enough money to heal ourselves. You don't like it, start an evil dictatorship of your own elsewhere.

5. rtsy

rtsy Member

A perceived right to the service of others is slavery defined.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCWdCKPtnYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. thadeus

They are not the same thing. Maybe in your ridiculous ideology they're equivalent, but that's your ridiculous ideology, and most assuredly not reality.

8. rtsy

rtsy Member

That is reality you choose to ignore because then you don't get your free stuff.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmmm....papa johns sounds good.

10. Baba Booey

keep telling yourself this as your bubble gets smaller and smaller, and your views more toxic.

11. thadeus

Where is my free stuff? I keep hearing about it, but it never gets here.

I'm beginning to think it's a myth of the right-wingers.

12. rtsy

rtsy Member

Yes, freedom of association is toxic, government coercion is glorious.

13. Baba Booey

scoreboard :grin:

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Slogans don't fix problems and don't run countries. Maybe you guys will figure that **** out someday.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Health care is an entitlement, not a right.

Imagine you are alone on an island. You still have a right to free speech. But if you have a right to free health care, where would the care come from?

The correct formulation is you are entitled to burden others with your care.

16. thadeus

The correct formulation is that none of us live alone on an island.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Difference between a moral and legal obligation.

By your reasoning, we should be forced to give up our internet connections and use that money to care for starving kids in Africa.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

lolwat?

That makes 0 sense, not even going to get into how ridiculous that analogy is. I'll gladly take the "burden" of helping my fellow man not die in the street. I'm sad that people like you have the mindset that you do. I'm glad that most of America agrees with me.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mind blown

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

I said our countrymen. Our country should be our primary motivation, not just the rich or the poor or the middle class. I've said nothing about anyone else, we are legally and morally bound together. You don't like it? Leave.