ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?
Tags:  2012, at&t, comcast, comcast sportsnet houston, houston rockets, uverse Tags
BornTexan is offline Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #101
BornTexan
Rookie
BornTexan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51898
I called ATT to threaten them that all Rockets/Astros fans will ditch Uverse if it does not carry CSN Houston

Sponsored Link
VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #102
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: May 2009
Member: #42029
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornTexan View Post
I called ATT to threaten them that all Rockets/Astros fans will ditch Uverse if it does not carry CSN Houston
I hope so man, cause when I called, she said I was the only one complaining about this matter and that it was her first time hearing about the Rockets switch to comcast...

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #103
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornTexan View Post
I will make the switch too.

Its probably worth it anyways so I don't have to deal with that awful Att website

vtkp99 is offline Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #104
vtkp99
Contributing Member
vtkp99 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #5346
I contacted Direct TV (10-3-12) and this was their response:

Dear Mr....,

Thank you for writing about Comcast Sportsnet Houston. I appreciate the opportunity to help you today.

I have confirmed that we continue to work with both the Rockets and Astros who own CSN Houston to make it available to our customers for the 2012-13 NBA and upcoming 2013 MLB season next spring. DIRECTV strives to provide all of our customers an unparalleled TV experience at the most reasonable value, and while the costs of sports networks like this one continue to rise, we remain committed to servicing fans and non-fans alike.

I want to assure you that we have a near-perfect success rate of 99.6% when it comes to resolving programming negotiations. Directv.com is the best place to find the latest news and upcoming channels.

As one of our loyal customers, your satisfaction is one of our primary concerns.

Sincerely,

Aubrey S.
Employee ID 100126090
DIRECTV Customer Service

myco is offline Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #105
myco
Contributing Member
myco is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I will make the switch too.

Its probably worth it anyways so I don't have to deal with that awful Att website
Right on. I can never find what I'm looking for on there.

VictorB is offline Old 10-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #106
VictorB
VictorB is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42944
People, ATT Uverse already carries Comcast Sports...it's channel 1714.

It's not part of the sports package, you have to get it added on as part of the HD tier. It's like #0 more channels for $7 a month.

If you want to add it go to channel 9910 and you can add the HD premium tier from there.

Prince is offline Old 10-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #107
Prince
Prince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41044
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post

It's not part of the sports package, you have to get it added on as part of the HD tier. It's like #0 more channels for $7 a month.

If you want to add it go to channel 9910 and you can add the HD premium tier from there.
I'll rep you 1000 times if this is true.

DreamShook is online now Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #108
DreamShook
DreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDreamShook is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post

that's CSN new england

Nero is offline Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #109
Nero
Nero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchNero is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4588
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShook View Post
that's CSN new england
facepalm!

"Don't count that chicken before it gets laid." - Milo Hamilton

"Gay marriage is not unnatural and happens in many different species in nature." - FranchiseBlade

"Give it to me!" she screamed, "I am so wet, please please give it to me!" She could scream and beg all she wanted, I was not giving her my umbrella.

entirelydave is offline Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #110
entirelydave
entirelydave is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17531
Quote:
that's CSN new england
The plot thickens...

Still we wait.

VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 10-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #111
VanityHalfBlack
VanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchVanityHalfBlack is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Quote:
that's CSN new england
Damn you Comcast!!!!!

davidio840 is offline Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #112
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
DirecTV carries CSN New England, CSN Chicago, CSN Mid Atlantic and a few others but no CSN Houston!! I have contacted them weekly for the past two months threatening to leave them if they do not get this channel by the time the season starts. They continue to tell me they are striving to get worked out and they will do their best to do so. They better or I will drop their ass real quick.

JayGoogle is offline Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #113
JayGoogle
JayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereJayGoogle is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #26991
Uverse here...scared as hell about this.

I can't imagine them leaving all the Rocket fans in the dust, especially with Jeremy Lin on the team. C'mon! It's Jeremy Lin! Plus this team will be young and exciting for sure.

Billionzz is offline Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #114
Billionzz
Contributing Member
Billionzz is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBillionzz is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7389
I called U-verse on Friday to 10-5-12 to see if they have anything worked out yet and I was told they didn't. The first lady I spoke with said that she had never heard about this problem and then I had them transfer me to the cancellation department and the man there said that this is the first call he has had about the Rockets broadcast but he had heard about it.
If your a U-verse customer you might want to take the time to call, I don't know if it will help any but it won't hurt to try.

Angkor Wat is offline Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #115
Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAngkor Wat is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2007
Member: #24006
Sounds like not too many people are complaining from what I read, at least not enough to make them get off their ass. Multiple reports of "this is the first time i heard of this". But you know how it goes, nobody cares about the Rockets unless they are good.

A_3PO is offline Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #116
A_3PO
A_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchA_3PO is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17945
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoogle View Post
Uverse here...scared as hell about this.

I can't imagine them leaving all the Rocket fans in the dust, especially with Jeremy Lin on the team. C'mon! It's Jeremy Lin! Plus this team will be young and exciting for sure.
I'm a U-Verse customer that left Comcast a few years ago and have no intention of ever going back to them, Rockets or not.

My wild guess is Comcast is being unreasonable with other providers since NONE of them have reached an agreement yet. They want to peel off as many Rockets fans as possible before coming down to earth. IMO, they are the ones leaving "Rockets fans in the dust". When you drive a very hard bargain, sometimes it takes a long while for a deal to get done.

If you are going to contact U-Verse and tell them to give in, may as well do the same with Comcast and tell them to stop being jerks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
I only take it far because Kobe is so overrated. He has never positively impacted his team despite winning tons of press and accolades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clippy View Post
[Chris] Paul will flop maybe once or twice a game

VanityHalfBlack is offline Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #117
VanityHalfBlack
Yep gonna cancel Uverse/keep the landline and switch to comcast over the weekend.. Tired of this sh!t...

ron413 is offline Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #118
ron413
Contributing Member
ron413 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodron413 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2002
Member: #4396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionzz View Post
I called U-verse on Friday to 10-5-12 to see if they have anything worked out yet and I was told they didn't. The first lady I spoke with said that she had never heard about this problem and then I had them transfer me to the cancellation department and the man there said that this is the first call he has had about the Rockets broadcast but he had heard about it.
If your a U-verse customer you might want to take the time to call, I don't know if it will help any but it won't hurt to try.
I had the exact same conversation with the cancellation department rep, asked to sign my name on the "petition" or whatever that form for complainers is called. will try to call EVERY week this month just for the fun of it

ElPigto is online now Old 10-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #119
ElPigto
ElPigto is James Harden -- racking up the pointsElPigto is James Harden -- racking up the pointsElPigto is James Harden -- racking up the pointsElPigto is James Harden -- racking up the pointsElPigto is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
I just called and pretty much told them that if they don't get their asses rolling on this deal, I'll be cancelling all my Uverse services. I told them I don't miss Rockets game and my sole purpose for having cable is to watch Rockets basketball. She told me she would get my concern to upper management and have someone call me back as soon as possible.

We'll see what happens from here.

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

Mr. Clutch is online now Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #120
Mr. Clutch
Contributing Member
Mr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsMr. Clutch is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto View Post
I just called and pretty much told them that if they don't get their asses rolling on this deal, I'll be cancelling all my Uverse services. I told them I don't miss Rockets game and my sole purpose for having cable is to watch Rockets basketball. She told me she would get my concern to upper management and have someone call me back as soon as possible.

We'll see what happens from here.
Bravo. I will do the same next week.