1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Jul 15, 2012.

1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I have dish,not cable.

I don't even have any movie channels.I do have blockbuster@home(same as netflix but through dish) That adds 10 bucks.My package starts at $59 and by the time they add on all the BS fees it comes out to right at $90 ...Way too much considering I no longer get the programming I want.

2. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

Options if your carrier doesn't carry CSN Houston

I am a long time Rockets fan who has Uverse. I called Uverse today and they told me that they do have CNS and that their CNS channel would carry all thr Rockets games including preseason. Wrong! As pointed out on this thread, the Uverse channel is CNS New England. Then they told me that NBA TV would carry the Rockets. Wrong again. Lastly, they told me that NBA League Pass would carry the Rockets. I brought up issue of 'black outs' and they finally told me that they really don't have any way of knowing whether or not I would get Rockets games with NBA league pass. Does anyone know how League Pass works and if a Houston Uverse user with League Pass would get all the Rockets games? I am also interested if there is any other way to get the Rockets games online. Someone mentioned Torrents but I'm not familiar with that. The idea of finding a sports bar is sounding more and more like the best idea. Anyone know one likely to carry the Rockets game on the south end of Houston?

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I've never not had rockets game access, I'll pay the cancellation fee and get out of directtv if they don't have this resolved by November.

I hope there are streaming links for the preseason games.

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

That'll be great. Thanks. Wonder if the league pass would broadcast the pre-season games, but looks like it's not the case.

5. Sherbear_7

Sherbear_7 New Member

I have called them several times myself with all the usual threats. I keep hearing "we are in negotiations" over and over. :confused:

6. RocsFan

RocsFan Member

NBA Leage Pass

Does anyone know if NBA League Pass will be blacked out in Houston for Rockets home games?

7. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

For all games, otherwise people will not be discussing joining/dropping TV providers.

8. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Negotiate this! I'm switching! I seriously will since I am luckily no longer under contract.

9. bubbamerle

bubbamerle Member

Has anyone been able to find a business (sportsbar, etc) that will be showing the game WED (tomorrow) night? I've been checking around and all my regular places only have DIRECTV. Who has Comcast that will be showing the game publicly?

I sent an email to the Rockets moments ago asking the same. Will be interesting if they know where it will be shown.....since they expect us to figure it out on our own...

It is LAME being hung out like this with no actual recourse. Rockets don't appear to be concerned about planning ahead.....(Months during the offseason to prevent Busgate, but what do we get? Potential talent riding the pine all season)

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Now this is getting pathetic and I'm getting angry.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Same here. If I can't watch my hometown rockets.......

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Who do you blame?

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I really don't know, but this is not good for both sides customer wise imo.

14. bubbamerle

bubbamerle Member

Nick's Place said they are adding Comcast, but not available until next week.

15. jvpham4

jvpham4 New Member

Rockets/Astros/Comcast are the true bad guys in this one!

As a few other posters have pointed out, threating to leave Uverse (or whomever you have) for Comcast is EXACTLY what Comcast wants! I didn't quite see things this way until reading all the previous posts. I have Uverse for the sole purpose of watching Rocket's games, and I seriously thought about leaving. But these other posts have opened my eyes, and I will not be threatening Uverse, or signing the online petition (set up by Comcast to gauge how they handle negotiations!)

We should be directing our displeasure at Comcast and the Rockets (as they are majority owners).

:mad:

16. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Link? Which channel?

17. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Uverse troll...

18. Granville

Granville Member

Anyone else get an e-mail from Comcast offering free tickets to tomorrow's game for signing the petition to ask their cable company to start offering CSN?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They gave me free tickets for signing up earlier. But I have season tickets so I haven't claimed them and don't know how good they are.

20. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

they gave me 2 free tickets too. section 125 row 19.