1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on AT&T Uverse for 2012-13?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by junk151, Jul 15, 2012.

1. VanityHalfBlack

That's what I'm talkin bout... All Uverse customer on Clutchfans/ call them and demand Rockets basketball!!!!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Rockets are trying to get more money out of the carrier. If you force the carrier to cave, be ready to feel it on your cable bill. :)

3. VanityHalfBlack

If that's the case.... TORRENTS!!!!:grin:

4. SupeR2706

SupeR2706 Member

I read an article somewhere that FSN would still broacast the Rockets games bexuae it t so many viewers for the station. Can anyone else find that article/website?? :confused:

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm wondering if Les (or more likely someone that represents the Rockets) would put pressure on comcast to get this thing done as the season nears?

I can't imagine that Les would be happy that only comcast customers can watch Rocket games.

6. Carl Herrera

I lived through the Time Warner/MSG contract negotiation last season in NYC. That one took a while to resolve-- more specifically it took until Jeremy Lin broke out and folks start giving a damn about watching the Knicks.

My guess is that the CSN/carrier negotiation will also last until the season starts and the sides having gauged how loudly fans complain at both CSN Houston (partially owned by the Rockets) and each carrier .

In the mean time, be prepared to find a sports bar or Chinese restaurant (remember, the Rockets have Jeremy Lin, the Chinese restaurants in NYC were showing Knicks games last year during the "cable lockout" and I am guessing the Houston ones will show Lin games, too).

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As someone just mentioned, look what happened with the Knicks. Les is a businessman and he probably supports Comcast's position. Comcast is also the 500 lb incumbent cable provider for Houston and their size dwarfs everyone else.

For me, the longer it takes, the madder I'll get at Comcast and the less likely I'll ever do business with them in the future. I despise them.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I'm not switching from Uverse. They have given me no reason to switch and right now it looks like Comcast are the ones here holding this back since no other cable companies have come to terms with them.

Either way just saw a commercial that gave out this link.

http://www.iwantcsnhouston.com/

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Don't know if this has been posted ...

Easy way to email a request to any provider ..

http://iwantcsnhouston.com/

edit-doh didn't seet that

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

However, I also want my cable company to keep my cable rates in check, which means not allowing themselves to be taken advantage of by content providers who are attempting to charge excessive rates.

Nothing is free and it is ultimately the consumer who is asked to pay. Of course in this instance, it is primarily the Houston Rockets and the Houston Astros that will receive most of the financial haul gleaned from any fleecing of their fans that may actually be accomplished here. Although Comcast is certainly poised to take its cut as well.

11. onreego

onreego Member

This is likely just comcast's way of increasing their leverage and raising their cost to other providers. :mad:

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

To the extent that is achieved, it will be passed on to consumers in the form of higher cable rates. Anyone who expects to see this "new" service provided at no additional cost to the consumer is probably either naive or stupid.

13. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Keep emailing them, hopefully they'll get it done soon:

I emailed DirectTV again:

"Please let me know if you will carry the Rockets games this year, if not we'll switch to Comcast"

Thank you

and their response:

Dear Mr.....,

Thank you for writing to ask about Houston Rockets games. I see that you are one of our loyal customers and we really appreciate your business.

CSN Houston Houston based RSN featuring sports-related programming for the Houston Astros and Houston Rockets DIRECTV continues to work with the Rockets and Astros who own CSN Houston to make games available to customers for the 2012 - 2013 NBA and 2013 MLB seasons.

While we are unable to comment on upcoming programming decisions, we are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring you the best possible TV experience. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us and request a channel. I have forwarded your email to the DIRECTV Management for review. Your feedback provides us with essential information when reviewing our procedures for development as we want to remain America's #1 satellite provider.

I am glad to be of assistance to you, Mr....

Sincerely,

Marie Ann R. - 100180390
    DIRECTV Customer Service

14. Prince

Prince Member

http://www.theonion.com/

15. Carl Herrera

Why not email the Rockets or tweet Morey to demand that the team gets a deal done.

1 person likes this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

See, that is a smart post. Everyone keeps assuming that this is all about the cable companies, but it is the Rockets and the Astros that instigated this new Network, and they are also the primary beneficiaries of it.

Nobody should regard the Rockets as innocent bystanders in this current standoff. They most certainly are not.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I don't live in a comcast area,so if Dish doesn't pick it up I'll probably cut my service down to just the locals,or whatever the lowest basic package they allow.

I pay over 100$ a month and that was really because I needed that package for FSN.Really the only other shows that I watched were on AMC :(

I might just get hulu plus through the xbox and Dload games,probably save about 70 bucks a month.

18. VanityHalfBlack

You spend $100 just for cable??? Does that include HBO/Showtime/Cinemax and all that good ****???? Even if I get HBO HD I don't think it comes down to $100 or maybe the rates gone up??

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I'm not living around TX,and has paid for league pass. Will I not be able to see Rockets games on league pass?

20. BLAM

BLAM Member

I think you will be able to watch the Rockets via League Pass.