ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Andrew Bynum - not interested in Magic, could be interested in Houston in 2013?
Tags:  2012, adrian wojnarowski, andrew bynum, basketball, cleveland, dallas, daryl morey, dwight howard, houston, houston rockets, lakers, los angeles lakers, magic, nba, orlando, twitter Tags
rolyat93 is online now Old 07-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #281
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCLAW View Post
Rumor has it that if the trade is successful, Orlando will sign free agent guard Luther Head.

It's reported that "having Gay/Love would be even better with having Head, too".
They're going after Ramon Sessions, so they can have GayLoveSessions.

Sponsored Link
BEARCLAW is offline Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #282
BEARCLAW
BEARCLAW is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51036
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
They're going after Ramon Sessions, so they can have GayLoveSessions.
Maybe they'll get both and have "GayLoveHeadSessions"!

Vnilla_Gorilla is offline Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #283
Vnilla_Gorilla
Vnilla_Gorilla is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49878
Sorry if this has been said already but...

This whole "Bynum signing with the Rockets as a FA" thing is bull. Obviously his agent just put that out there to keep him from going in a ORL trade. The signs: he listed most of the teams with cap room and included Cleveland.

No big time FA will/has ever included Cleveland.

Injuries --> #1 Pick --> YAO --> TMAC
(Superstars want to play with other superstars)

We cannot lure an All Star without one currently on our roster.
We cannot trade for an All Star without high potential, young talent to send back.
We cannot get that young talent or first All Star to lure a second without a high lottery pick.
Its time to rebuild OKC style
UPDATED: Or pull a Morey and fleece OKC!!!.

MamboRock is offline Old 07-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #284
MamboRock
MamboRock is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMamboRock is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2011
Member: #49347
Bynum does not have problem with Orlando. Everyone knows he has a big ego. He just does not want to be used as a part to facilitate the big trade that Dwight Howard is the centerpiece. If he has to find a new home, he wants his own trade.

MourningWood is offline Old 07-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #285
MourningWood
Contributing Member
MourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereMourningWood is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 2009
Member: #43687
He's the best young center in the NBA. This would be a huge win for Morey and the organization. I can already see the corny, drawn-out ESPN special feature about Bynum's maturation under "former C's HOF'er" McHale.

Rockets Jones is offline Old 07-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #286
Rockets Jones
Rockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodRockets Jones is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31634
Any chance we are trying to get Bynum from LA now since Howard is not going to happen.

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #287
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnilla_Gorilla View Post
Sorry if this has been said already but...

This whole "Bynum signing with the Rockets as a FA" thing is bull. Obviously his agent just put that out there to keep him from going in a ORL trade. The signs: he listed most of the teams with cap room and included Cleveland.

No big time FA will/has ever included Cleveland.
I have to admit, it does sound fishy. I've never heard a person, let alone a professional athelete, say they want to live in Cleveland. The only thing that would shock me more is a pro athelete saying they want to live in Detroit.

Zarriko is offline Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #288
Zarriko
Zarriko is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2009
Member: #44645
I would love for the Rockets to get Bynum next year to maybe entice Paul or some other big name. Unfortunately, I don't feel very optimistic about it though because I don't see Bynum turning down money to and not staying with the Lakers for one. Who knows, maybe he will be upset with the Lakers about his name being mentioned in a trade since he came out and said he didn't want to sign an extension with Orlando. Also, with the complete turnover of our team, I am not sure there would be enough draw since our whole team is becoming so young. The cap space is there at least. I know several contracts are coming off the books at the end of the year also so hopefully we can actually get some big names in the off season. I think like others have said, it will need to be more than one because stars like to play together.

ejarts is offline Old 07-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #289
ejarts
ejarts is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51423
McHale, Hakeem, Yao could easilly mentor Bynum. Plus upgrade his already elite skills. One thing he doesn't have in LA is someone to look up to. He'd be perfect in here.

Aruba77 is offline Old 07-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #290
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Member: #589
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejarts View Post
McHale, Hakeem, Yao could easilly mentor Bynum. Plus upgrade his already elite skills. One thing he doesn't have in LA is someone to look up to. He'd be perfect in here.
love your point, but Yao lives in China, Hakeem is barely associated with the organization these days, and everyone seems to think McHale is an asshole

I do agree that a Bynum who wants to be in Houston is better than a Howard who doesn't.

don grahamleone is offline Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #291
don grahamleone
Contributing Member
don grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the pointsdon grahamleone is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3034
I would love to see this team build around Bynum. That man has plenty of room to grow, but he's already the best offensive center in the game. I wonder if a three way trade with LA and Orlando might facilitate all this.

bustanut82 is offline Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #292
bustanut82
bustanut82 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49975
I am praying that we obtain Andrew Bynum somehow in a trade. Once again the Rockets could have a big man in the center position for the next 10 years. Some of these new young players such as Lamb, White, Jones, and Parsons are excellent pieces to the puzzle. We have tons of assets so use em wisely!

ADT Security-Residential
Paul Yuen