1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bynum - not interested in Magic, could be interested in Houston in 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2012.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or maybe they are just two teams with cap space that he intends to use to threaten whatever team holds his bird rights with in order to get his maximum extension.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

You see what you missed Lebron, you could have played with superstar Andrew Bynum!

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nah, I honestly think he just wants to OWN a team. Have it bow down and build around HIM. He knows Houston's been begging and Cleveland is lacking so why not?

4. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

wow, a player actually wants to go to houston?? that's a first

5. JonesDaddy

JonesDaddy Contributing Member

Bynum wants to be the man somewhere.
    In LA he'll continue to be in Kobe's shadow (plus Gasol and Nash)
    Misguided or not, he wants his own team.
    Currently he's the 2nd best center in the league and the 4th biggest name on his own team. It seems like Kobe/Shaq all over again.
    Cavs have young guns and cap room.
    Mavs have aging Dirk and more importantly Cuban.
    Rox have lots of youth and a huge hole in the middle.
    All 3 have money next offseason.

The media wants everyone to believe that Bynum or Dwight are thrilled that Nash is in LA, but to me that's a 3 year window tops.
    Do either one of those two centers want to be the last man standing when all the old guys break down and there are no picks/youth to rebuild?

6. zzpot

zzpot Member

You have a lot of eggs in your basket but no chickens! Let all of the eggs hatch before counting.

If everything you just said came true then Morey will be a HOF NBA GM god and the Rockets will win and win and win.

zzpot:cool::cool:

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

[​IMG]

8. HombreDeHierro

I think he'll stop being a hot head and such a blowhard when he comes to a quieter place. Think about a rich immature guy like he is right now living in Los Angeles

He could definitely use time away from the celeb life.. And Houston could do that

9. zzpot

zzpot Member

LOL.. dude looks better as a rupaul drag queen then an NBA player.... supper weird.

Now I have to go bleach myself.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

you're completely ignoring usage. Usage is how much a player plays. on an apples to apples basis per 36 minutes stats are better. it is fair to say that Lopez is a better overall player for being able to play more minutes a game, true, but no one is saying Dalembert is as good as Bynum or Lopez. Dalembert's per 36 minutes blocks average is 2.6. He's been over 3 twice in his career and last year was at 2.8.

He IS a better defensive player than Lopez... when he can stay out on the court, which he can't do as much because he isn't a better offensive player (and partially because he hasn't played the last 4 years on the Nets).

Lopez isn't a horrible defensive player. But he's not special, imo. I agree that individual rebounding can be overrated some, but Lopez IS a horrible rebounder, and that does count defensively. He is an okay shotblocker and intimidator.

11. zzpot

zzpot Member

just stop posting... you know not what you say

12. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Bynum def could be a superstar to build around...with him eating wanting to play here I would do whatever to get him...I seriously think he will get extention though

13. zzpot

zzpot Member

sorry. I was posting about your sig... change it.

Yes I would trade for him but not brake the bank, or screw up the young team. We can trade Lee and ????... But I digress.

zzpot.

14. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Bynum def could be a superstar to build around...with him eating wanting to play here I would do whatever to get him...I seriously think he will get extention though

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I know what usage mean but it seems like you throwing out excuses now

16. brooksssss

brooksssss Member

The Lakers are in salary cap hell with 61mil committed on only 4 contracts. They are over the cap without a starting center. You are right, Lakers are gonna offer Bynum the max because they have his bird rights, they can't offer him the max, it will cost them 35-40mil by the time they pay tax. Clippers do have room, but I think Paul is understanding that flashy dunks by Griffin and Jordan don't get you through playoff series and he has a tough decision to make. I mean it is the clippers. I am only trying to make the point that these options could be there, while signing Dragic, keeping Lowry etc... Don't give us this flexibility. In the big picture it takes money to sign the free agents and that is what it is all about and the rockets will have it available. At least we have an owner who will spend.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This sounds ssssooooo familiar

Rocket River

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Translation: I will NOT sign an extension to stay in Orlando. Leave the the hey alone in La La Land!

19. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Bynums bet set for life since what 17? I'd expect some immaturity at some point in his career.

I'd love to bring him in here and hopefully they can keep Lamb ....

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You clearly don't know what usage means. Or maybe you don't know what excuse means. Maybe both.

I did nothing more than point out statistical facts and how they associate to player performane.

If you think a healthy brook Lopez is close to a healthy Bynum either offensively or defensively you are in the extreme minority. Some might agree that Lopez is an ok defender though I think even there you'd have a lot of regular guys and experts alike disagreeing, especially factoring his size. He's an ok shot blocker. He isn't great at one on one post defense or PnR defense.

He stats back this up.