ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings


Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > 2014 NBA Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
The Houston Rockets draft is a success if they draft..
Tags:  basketball, draft, houston, houston rockets, red, tony wroten Tags
lr22 is offline Old 05-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #41
lr22
Member
lr22 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 124
Member: #48779
    Reply With Quote
I know, but superstar-potential players are what we disparately need.
I would not mind giving up a lot for them, or perhaps I should say that's not a lot, with Martin's value is falling and Lowry is now not as much important as he was.
 
Sponsored Link
daspydamayn is offline Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #42
daspydamayn
Member
daspydamayn is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2008
Posts: 477
Member: #30296
    Reply With Quote
watch us draft a pg....................
 
JMAD21 is offline Old 05-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #43
JMAD21
Member
JMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJMAD21 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,017
Member: #44870
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by lr22 View Post
I know, but superstar-potential players are what we disparately need.
I would not mind giving up a lot for them, or perhaps I should say that's not a lot, with Martin's value is falling and Lowry is now not as much important as he was.
Im fine with getting rid of Martin, I'd prefer it actually.

I still really like Morris and Lowry though. It would really just depend on who was availible wherever we traded up to

__________________
If you're a Lebron hater, you don't know basketball!



GunsUP!!!

Follow me on twitter- @joshreed21
 
Joe Joe is offline Old 05-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #44
Joe Joe
Contributing Member
Joe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsJoe Joe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 1999
Posts: 8,332
Member: #467
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
Very unrealistic. Everyone knows that starters are drafted at #38.
It can happen. I don't expect it. I don't see an NBA ready center at 14/16. Besides that, the Rockets have stiff competition.

__________________
When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that...
...you find someone to carry you.
 
danoman is offline Old 05-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
danoman
Contributing Member
danoman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddanoman is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,741
Member: #43842
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by lr22 View Post
Trade up for UConns (Drummond and Lamb), second coming of Hakeem and Clyde!
Lowry, Martin, Dalembert, Mook and picks are enough to get them!
I wouldnt mind picking up Lamb but... what about Llul and Lee? Thats 3 quality starting SG (including Martin) that we would some how have to trade or cut out of our plans in the future so that we can play and eventually start Lamb, personally I think we are covered at the 2.

__________________
"Stay Thirsty my Friends."
 
lr22 is offline Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #46
lr22
Member
lr22 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 124
Member: #48779
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoman View Post
I wouldnt mind picking up Lamb but... what about Llul and Lee? Thats 3 quality starting SG (including Martin) that we would some how have to trade or cut out of our plans in the future so that we can play and eventually start Lamb, personally I think we are covered at the 2.
Lee is a quality player but not an elite scorer, which limits his value to a solid starter at best.
Llull is a PG. I know he is a scoring/slashing PG, or actually a SG who trying to play PG, but he isn't big enough to guard NBA's SGs. He won't make significant minutes at 2. Again, Llull is a PG.

Martin is to be traded to somehow get us Lamb in my plan. Lamb will start his career as a back up of Lee, and take over starting job when the time has come.
And if Llull is a quality player, we have to trade Gogi or Llull, one of them.If not, he would never threaten Lamb's minutes.

I'm glad to hear some of ClutchFans like the idea of pickng up Lamb though
 
meh is offline Old 05-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #47
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,519
Member: #4868
    Reply With Quote
I personally think it's a success if they don't have the 14th and 16th pick by the end of draft day. And likely a failure if they do draft in both slots. The only way I'd be happy with a 14th and 16th pick is if Les truly tanks and has traded away all our veteran players.
 
RocketsMAN! is offline Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #48
RocketsMAN!
Member
RocketsMAN! is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 943
Member: #25889
    Reply With Quote
Ecstatic:
Trade #14 #16 plus Dallas 1st + current roster member for Superstar!

Realistic:
Trade #14 #16 plus Dallas 1st to move up the draft for top 10 current and add'l future picks

Disappointed:
Keeping #14 + #16 and watching Dragic/Lee sign elsewhere to make room on the roster.

...at least we have Motie coming this season.

__________________
Posting nothing useful since 2007
 
theglyde1121 is offline Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #49
theglyde1121
Member
theglyde1121 is Tim Ohlbrecht -- no reputation yet at all
Since: Jun 2011
Posts: 135
Member: #49113
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsMAN! View Post
Ecstatic:
Trade #14 #16 plus Dallas 1st + current roster member for Superstar!

Realistic:
Trade #14 #16 plus Dallas 1st to move up the draft for top 10 current and add'l future picks

Disappointed:
Keeping #14 + #16 and watching Dragic/Lee sign elsewhere to make room on the roster.

...at least we have Motie coming this season.
I hope they can move both picks to get Sullinger or Barnes in the draft. That is the most likey scenario right now I see. It will be hard to trade both picks for a superstar. Nobody wants our #14 and #16 picks for a superstar we would have to trade too many players.
 
jopatmc is offline Old 05-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #50
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Posts: 15,367
Member: #7003
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by theglyde1121 View Post
I hope they can move both picks to get Sullinger or Barnes in the draft. That is the most likey scenario right now I see. It will be hard to trade both picks for a superstar. Nobody wants our #14 and #16 picks for a superstar we would have to trade too many players.
I'm with you on Sullinger. I've went back and forth on Barnes. But at this point, I'd rather have Jeffrey Taylor than Barnes.

__________________
Morey's top player acquisition targets: CP3, Pau, CZeller, Cousins, Derrick Williams, Wiggins, Gobert, CP3, JSmoove, Millsap
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread...67#post7126967

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.
 
Aruba77 is offline Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #51
Aruba77
Contributing Member
Aruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereAruba77 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 1999
Posts: 6,058
Member: #589
    Reply With Quote
I think this is a deep draft, and I really hope Houston adds a couple more 1st round picks. I think we need to take advantage of the depth in this draft, use our scouting advantage, and come away with some solid players.

3 Guys I really like that can go anywhere from late lotto to the end of the 1st round:

Andrew Nicholson - most mocks have him hanging around at the end of round 1, but he's likely to be a mid-round pick by draft time. He's a legit 6'9" with long arms, but plays big. He shot 43% from 3pt last year, so he's a great shooter who can stretch the floor; extremely efficient offensive game. He was an 18/8 guy with 2 blocks per game. Can also face up inside, quick off the dribble. A legit PF prospect.

Royce White - most mocks have him as a mid-late 1st rounder. some of the best ball skills i've ever seen from a big man. Excellent passer. Amazing passion for the game. Excellent defender. Good measurables for a NBA SF; at 6'8". While he's not a good 3pt shooter, he fills up the rest of the stat-sheet like only Kidd-Gilchrest: 13pts, 9rbs, 5assists, a steal and a block. White should thrive in the NBA, especially next to a 4 who can stretch the floor with his shooting. Actually; a White/Nicholson 3/4 would be exciting to watch.

John Henson - 6'11" shot-blocker with mid-7 wing-span. Double/double guy who will change the game with his defense; natrual shot-blocking ability. One of the best rebounders in the draft. Can come in and instantly contribute with his defense, but still has incredible upside. Has the talent to be a good NBA center.

To me, if the rockets could aquire an extra mid-late first round pick, and end up with White(3)/Nicholson(4)/Henson(5); this would really help brighten our future. If i had to add a 2-guard to the mix, it would be Jeremy Lamb or Brad Beal, but i don't think either makes it out of the top 10.
 
plutoblue11 is offline Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #52
plutoblue11
Member
plutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsplutoblue11 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,474
Member: #19851
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruba77 View Post
I think this is a deep draft, and I really hope Houston adds a couple more 1st round picks. I think we need to take advantage of the depth in this draft, use our scouting advantage, and come away with some solid players.

3 Guys I really like that can go anywhere from late lotto to the end of the 1st round:

Andrew Nicholson - most mocks have him hanging around at the end of round 1, but he's likely to be a mid-round pick by draft time. He's a legit 6'9" with long arms, but plays big. He shot 43% from 3pt last year, so he's a great shooter who can stretch the floor; extremely efficient offensive game. He was an 18/8 guy with 2 blocks per game. Can also face up inside, quick off the dribble. A legit PF prospect.

Royce White - most mocks have him as a mid-late 1st rounder. some of the best ball skills i've ever seen from a big man. Excellent passer. Amazing passion for the game. Excellent defender. Good measurables for a NBA SF; at 6'8". While he's not a good 3pt shooter, he fills up the rest of the stat-sheet like only Kidd-Gilchrest: 13pts, 9rbs, 5assists, a steal and a block. White should thrive in the NBA, especially next to a 4 who can stretch the floor with his shooting. Actually; a White/Nicholson 3/4 would be exciting to watch.

John Henson - 6'11" shot-blocker with mid-7 wing-span. Double/double guy who will change the game with his defense; natrual shot-blocking ability. One of the best rebounders in the draft. Can come in and instantly contribute with his defense, but still has incredible upside. Has the talent to be a good NBA center.

To me, if the rockets could aquire an extra mid-late first round pick, and end up with White(3)/Nicholson(4)/Henson(5); this would really help brighten our future. If i had to add a 2-guard to the mix, it would be Jeremy Lamb or Brad Beal, but i don't think either makes it out of the top 10.
White might be kind of hard to get unless you draft him, early. He probably will fall to Atlanta, Orlando, or Boston.

__________________
A Guardian reporter made a gay gaffe earlier this week in a post that labeled straight ally Patrick Stewart as gay.


Well, @guardian it makes for a nice change...at least I didn't wake up to the internet telling me I was dead again.

Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) February 18, 2014
 
acshen is offline Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #53
acshen
Contributing Member
acshen is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodacshen is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2007
Posts: 889
Member: #24030
    Reply With Quote
Jeff Taylor looks really convincing as a Kevin Martin replacement.

__________________
1st year as a season ticket holder! Looks like it'll be a good one!
 
RealContender is offline Old 05-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #54
RealContender
Rookie
RealContender is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Posts: 285
Member: #50381
    Reply With Quote
1) Arnett Moultrie (at 14...possibly trade up)

2) John Henson (at 14)

3) Harrison Barnes (trade up)

4) Tony Wroten (at 16)

5) Terrence Ross (at 14)

ABSOLUTELY NOT...EVER

Royce White - Tweener all the way. Can't play 3 in NBA. (Undersized PFs don't turn into NBA stars, unless you're Charles Barkley)

Jared Sullinger - the next Sean May (see Royce White)

Meyers Leonard - the next Eric Montross
 
RealContender is offline Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #55
RealContender
Rookie
RealContender is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2012
Posts: 285
Member: #50381
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by acshen View Post
Jeff Taylor looks really convincing as a Kevin Martin replacement.
I'd much rather have John Jenkins later in the draft. Jeff Taylor is Dan Langhi waiting to happen.
 
coachbadlee is offline Old 05-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #56
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,491
Member: #45147
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealContender View Post
I'd much rather have John Jenkins later in the draft. Jeff Taylor is Dan Langhi waiting to happen.
Dan Langhi's name gets thrown around every time someone wants another player. I believe it was thrown at Parsons at one point. See how that worked?

__________________
"James Harden's defense is only a problem when his offense becomes a problem."
Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard
 
BigMaloe is offline Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #57
BigMaloe
Contributing Member
BigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the pointsBigMaloe is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,913
Member: #50111
    Reply With Quote
Ecstatic:
trade #14,#16, dal 1st to move into top 7...thus takin best available...
perry jones slips to ten or so and we trade 14,dal 1st to select him(bust potential or not)...
tyler zeller at 14, terrence jones at 16

Happy:
jeremy lamb,terrence jones, or jared sullinger at 14
arnett moultrie,terrence ross, or meyers leonard at 16

upset:
rivers at 14, melo at 16

__________________
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies
 
rocketblaze is offline Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #58
rocketblaze
Member
rocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2009
Posts: 4,291
Member: #41757
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
@qmillertime: Me and @_John_Henson_ was cooking with the pick and roll game today and john lucas camp..
Quincy Miller and John Henson are already building some chemistry, and they're working out here in Houston.

Maybe two future Rockets...
 
Dreamin is offline Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #59
Dreamin
Member
Dreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodDreamin is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,603
Member: #47905
    Reply With Quote
If we cant get top 5, its useless. So we should trade down and get all 4 of these guys - Tony Wroten, Jeff Taylor, Fab Melo and Festus Ezeli.
 
saleem is offline Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #60
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,819
Member: #2094
    Reply With Quote
Ross at 16,is my choice. 14 not sure yet. Henson is skinny,but has good upside and is athletic. I doubt he will drop to 14, but I would take him over Tyler and Leonard(they are good,but not as talented as Henson).

Last edited by saleem; 05-13-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: additional comments
 

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Rockets have 4 Draft Picks in a loaded 2012 NBA Draft? Johnson2000 Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves 56 12-14-2011 03:20 PM
[nba.com] NBA Draft Preview: Houston Rockets ROCKCITY Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves 24 06-22-2010 09:51 PM
Draft Express draft grades / Houston : A #1draftpik Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves 21 06-30-2006 11:10 AM
Draft picks coming to Houston in 2001 Draft Sherlock 2014 NBA Draft 10 03-16-2001 10:19 AM
Which Team Has The Best Past NBA Draft Success? countingcrow NBA Dish 7 01-09-2001 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.