ClutchFans
un:
pw:
ClutchFans
Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Do we need to change our uniform and logo?
Yes, we need a fresh start. 456 77.42%
No, our current uniform and logo still look great. 133 22.58%
Voters: 589. You may not vote on this poll

Page 13 of 41

Tags:  610, baseball, blog, bud selig, craig biggio, drayton mclane, economics, ed wade, feedback, fired, gerry hunsicker, houston, houston astros, houston rockets, jeff bagwell, jim crane, justice, mlb, playoffs, rangers, sale, tampa bay, texas, texas rangers, world series Tags
Creepy Crawl is offline Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
    Reply With Quote   #241
Creepy Crawl
Creepy Crawl is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCreepy Crawl is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCreepy Crawl is Omer Asik -- working the boardsCreepy Crawl is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5672
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslinder View Post

Loved these unis. I have a white Bagwell jersey with this scheme.

Sponsored Link
Cannonball is offline Old 05-04-2012, 12:20 PM
    Reply With Quote   #242
Cannonball
Contributing Member
Cannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCannonball is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jul 2006
Member: #19677
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslinder View Post
The current colors aren't unique.
We were the only team with that color scheme until Arizona copied us.

desihooper is offline Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
    Reply With Quote   #243
desihooper
Contributing Member
desihooper is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously gooddesihooper is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2000
Member: #1470
bump...

link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Crane on new uniforms and colors
We’ll blend some of the new with the history of the team and some of the colors in the past. We’ve selected it all and we’re about to submit it. We’re due in on the 30th, so everything’s set to go to baseball for approval.

dreamshake97 is offline Old 05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
    Reply With Quote   #244
dreamshake97
dreamshake97 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2011
Member: #48998
NICE! cannot wait to see these…

i hope they look good and they didn't try to hard.. sometimes simplicity is the best..

Rocketfan713 is offline Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM
    Reply With Quote   #245
Rocketfan713
Rookie
Rocketfan713 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #50062
Can't wait too!

Red&BlackPudman is offline Old 05-23-2012, 03:06 PM
    Reply With Quote   #246
Red&BlackPudman
Red&BlackPudman is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jan 2012
Member: #50119
I hope we go more old than new

Hightop is offline Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM
    Reply With Quote   #247
Hightop
Hightop is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHightop is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHightop is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2011
Member: #49674
Only shooting star unis would make me really happy. But I have a feeling I will like the new ones a lot more compared to the crap we have now.

jaxwithanx is offline Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
    Reply With Quote   #248
jaxwithanx
jaxwithanx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjaxwithanx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42678
With a little better colors....something like the 90's shooting stars would be awesome.

Ender120 is offline Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
    Reply With Quote   #249
Ender120
Contributing Member
Ender120 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsEnder120 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsEnder120 is Omer Asik -- working the boardsEnder120 is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Aug 2003
Member: #13748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightop View Post
Only shooting star unis would make me really happy. But I have a feeling I will like the new ones a lot more compared to the crap we have now.
I've said this before and I'll say it again: the shooting star jerseys look nice every once in a while as throwbacks, but they have no business being the every day jersey of a team playing in a decade that's not the sixties.

If they really want to go throwback, we should have the white jerseys with the rainbow stripe down the sleeves and the blue alternate.

jaxwithanx is offline Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM
    Reply With Quote   #250
jaxwithanx
jaxwithanx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodjaxwithanx is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
I just hope they don't try to keep the same colors just to try and mesh with the current theme at Minute Maid....

Nick is offline Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
    Reply With Quote   #251
Nick
Contributing Member
Nick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #263
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxwithanx View Post
I just hope they don't try to keep the same colors just to try and mesh with the current theme at Minute Maid....
There's no real colors in MMP that match their current scheme.

Seats are green, fence is mostly green, the brick isn't the "red brick" that they have as their color now, the outside is more built to match Union Station than the Astros colors.

The only thing they have is the Astros logo/sign that used to be above the old video tower in dead center field... that will need to be changed.

jaxwithanx is offline Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM
    Reply With Quote   #252
jaxwithanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
There's no real colors in MMP that match their current scheme.

Seats are green, fence is mostly green, the brick isn't the "red brick" that they have as their color now, the outside is more built to match Union Station than the Astros colors.

The only thing they have is the Astros logo/sign that used to be above the old video tower in dead center field... that will need to be changed.
Yes, but the overall "brick" coloring is what I am referring to. It's by far the most prominent theme in the building.

jaxwithanx is offline Old 05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
    Reply With Quote   #253
jaxwithanx
Quote:
Yes, but the overall "brick" coloring is what I am referring to. It's by far the most prominent theme in the building.
*color

I should have summed it up as saying, "I hate the ****ing brick color." I don't think sports teams should be playing in earth tones, personally.

Nick is offline Old 05-23-2012, 04:52 PM
    Reply With Quote   #254
Nick
Contributing Member
Nick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneNick is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #263
Quote:
That was to match Union Station's brick... nonetheless, its a pretty generic color that shouldn't clash much with whatever color the Astros choose.

mrpaige is offline Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 PM
    Reply With Quote   #255
mrpaige
Contributing Member
mrpaige is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2000
Member: #1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamshake97 View Post
u really think crane is gonna buy the team and go back to the 80's colors.. while i do like the colors i have always said that the astros and rockets old school colors weren't loved this much until they were gone and replaced.. kinda like a bad movie that turns into a cult classic AFTER it goes to dvd… everyone loves the blue and orange now.. but i remember as a kid growing up in south houston and hearing everyone complain about how ugly they were..
Yeah, you really have to go back to pre-1975 to find a decent Astros uniform. The rainbows were awful, and that '70s/'80s style pull-over jersey they retained until something like 1994 isn't anything you'd ever want to go back to (and they were surprisingly boring for something with rainbows on the shoulders).

You wouldn't want to just throw on any of the pre-'75 jerseys and call it a day, but with a little updating, those looks could work quite well. Even in orange.

MadMax is offline Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 PM
    Reply With Quote   #256
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
Quote:
it's the color theme in virtually every ballpark in the country, frankly...the color of the brick chosen there...but it doesn't dictate the colors of the team.

i'm ridiculously pumped about the astros going back to their old dark blue and orange. can't wait.

jaxwithanx is offline Old 05-24-2012, 12:53 AM
    Reply With Quote   #257
jaxwithanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
it's the color theme in virtually every ballpark in the country, frankly...the color of the brick chosen there...but it doesn't dictate the colors of the team.

i'm ridiculously pumped about the astros going back to their old dark blue and orange. can't wait.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros...colorful-past/

Quote:
Ultimately, the 2000s saw a change to the current brick red, an homage to the new ballpark but also Drayton McLane’s preference for red, which was the color of the McLane Company.
So no, you're wrong, it did dictate the colors chosen when we moved ballparks. And no, you're wrong again, because most parks built from 1999 haven't utilized brick to the same degree as old parks and then sprayed dark brick red accents throughout the stadium.

Is it ****ing possible for me to just not want a brick color in the uniforms or am I going to have to keep going back and forth with two people over semantics about how and why it is there?

MadMax is offline Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
    Reply With Quote   #258
MadMax
Contributing Member
MadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldMadMax is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Sep 1999
Member: #732
Quote:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros...colorful-past/

So no, you're wrong, it did dictate the colors chosen when we moved ballparks. And no, you're wrong again, because most parks built from 1999 haven't utilized brick to the same degree as old parks and then sprayed dark brick red accents throughout the stadium.

Is it ****ing possible for me to just not want a brick color in the uniforms or am I going to have to keep going back and forth with two people over semantics about how and why it is there?
Oh, I'm not arguing with you about why the Astros chose those colors relative to the brick. I think they even labelled that color red as brick red or something like that. I remember specifically them referencing the brick in the then new Enron Field when they released the new colors/logo for the team at that time.

I was just saying that there are lots of parks around the country with colorful brick, and it doesn't dictate the colors of their teams...so it SHOULDN'T in the instance of the Astros either.

I don't want a brick color in there either...I'm right there with you. I'm not arguing with you at all.

Hightop is offline Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM
    Reply With Quote   #259
Hightop
Hightop is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHightop is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineHightop is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Their uniforms should be grey to match the cement.

Hightop is offline Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM
    Reply With Quote   #260
Hightop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender120 View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again: the shooting star jerseys look nice every once in a while as throwbacks, but they have no business being the every day jersey of a team playing in a decade that's not the sixties.

If they really want to go throwback, we should have the white jerseys with the rainbow stripe down the sleeves and the blue alternate.
I haven't said this before but you are wrong.

Those unis rule and are classics like the yankess, cubs, red sox etc. This is timeless baseball, not contemporary high-school fashion.

Page 13 of 41