1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i wish they would leak, don't want to wait until after the season.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

What kind of lawyer are you? :confused:

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Totally unrelated, but hey, how about that new Old Navy store prominently being advertised, huh? That's pretty cool, right?

4. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmmmmmmmm.....I like!

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Does it happen to be next to an Orange Julius?

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Who doesn't love a performance fleece!

7. Hey Now!

I know space around the Old Navy has been leased - but I've yet to meet any of the new occupants.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh, dear, Lord.

Everytime I see an update in this thread, I hope it's a post from you giving more detail. It's much appreciated!

I thought you had some idea previously that an Orange Julius would be accompanying the transition. Was I wrong on that?

9. ALoneStarTexan

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum, I actually didn't even know this forum existed until I did a search on google trying to find if the new uniforms had leaked.

I like the current color scheme, granted, black, red, and gold aren't unique colors, but why should they have to be ?

Miami brought orange back to MLB this season, do the Astros really want to copy them ?

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Orange and navy blue!

Get er done...

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the Astros aren't copying the Miami Marlins. their look will be entirely different. the Giants had orange before any team in MLB...it's not copying the Giants or the Marlins for the Astros to return to their traditional colors.

i hate the red and black at this point, because i know how it was picked: they were drayton's company colors. that's it. i was fine with navy and metallic gold...but completely changing to red/black should never have happened.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Just checking in to comment that I find this thread title hilarious. It's like when you're a kid and you tell your mom "But daddy said we could have ice cream after dinner".

13. Hey Now!

FYI - orange has been mentioned, never confirmed.

If I were a betting man - and I'm not being coy or clever here; this is legitimately a 100% guess - I think this scheme might be in play:
    [​IMG]
    My reasoning? If they completely eliminate the current scheme, that's going to require *massive* rennovations at MMP. That might ultimately not be an obstacle but... it'll be costly and might have them considering ways to not completely eliminate it; specifically the red.

The above scheme incorporates the red, makes navy prominent and introduces a more modern gold that ties in nicely with the late 90s Astros.

FYI - little known fact: that WOULD have been the Texans' color scheme - but the Rams changed their uniforms and "stole" that gold and derailed the plans. Too bad. I've always LOVED that color scheme.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

While I think it looks good - and it could look VERY good for baseball - I have a hard time seeing it as the Texans colors. For their logo/jerseys (maybe they would have been different?), I think it may have been too busy. Plus, it reminds me of the 49ers a bit.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Unimpressed.

16. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

hey now.. i hope we aren't Navy and red… Texans already claim those colors and i DO NOT want… If Crane asked a select group of fans i could bet my house that at least 80% would say to go back to the colors of old with a 2012 twist..

17. ALoneStarTexan

I'm pretty sure that the seats at MMP (last time I was there a couple weeks ago) were green, so was the outfield wall. The only thing that would need to be changed is signage.

I'm pretty sure that the color scheme you posted above is similar to this one...

[​IMG]

The Giants, Mets, and Marlins all are using Orange, History or not, the Astros abandoned Orange a long time ago. They should come up with something new, fresh, and original because they changed out of the orange for a reason to begin with.

Why not use a dark burnt orange as a trim color ? use navy and brick as the colors with a burnt orange as an outline color or something. Hopefully they can find something that will last a long time.

18. ALoneStarTexan

I was okay with the navy and gold too, but it should have been done differently, the block H cap should have always remained in place.

19. Hey Now!

Nope. It is an endless sea of brick red paint - pillars, walls... Trust me - it's an issue. Next time you're there, take a look. It's *everywhere.*

Good catch on the Nationals, though. Again, I'm merely speculating on additional colors.

EDIT: Here are two examples of what I'm talking about:
    Minute Maid concourse (too big to paste) and

[​IMG]

#279 Hey Now!, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

What about just using the shooting star uni's with brick red instead of orange?

Sloppy photoshop preview:
    [​IMG]

I really like the classic font style of those more than anything.