ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[Stein]Rockets one of VERY interested teams to steal Steve Nash
Tags:  basketball, blazers, espn, houston rockets, nba, new york knicks, phoenix, roster, steve nash, trade Tags
worzel gummidge is offline Old 12-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #201
worzel gummidge
worzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boardsworzel gummidge is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Lou 4 2
I just don't see that line of thinking ringing true. Am I missing something here?
When was the last time they signed a player to a contract that avg $20M/yr?

Sarver has always been about reducing salary. Even if it meant giving away players and 1st round picks. The Suns laid off the most staff in the NBA last season.

Sponsored Link
smoothie is offline Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #202
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2264
we need to plan for the future. right now nash is worth less to this team than brooks or lowry because when the team is ready to compete for the championship he will probably be retired.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6124...s-negotiations

Sweet Lou 4 2 is offline Old 12-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #203
Sweet Lou 4 2
Contributing Member
Sweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemSweet Lou 4 2 is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28838
Quote:
Originally Posted by durvasa
I don't remember the Suns going after star players in recent years. The Rockets have been aggressive in pursuing star talent recently. There's no question in my mind that a point guard of Nash's abilities would make Houston a more attractive destination.
Maybe a few years ago. But I am not so sure that still holds true.

Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade, Rondo - those are the guys people seem to want to play with. Steve Nash isn't really top of mind. Like I said, no one talks about dreaming of playing with Nash.

If he comes to Houston....it won't attract anyone.

"If I had to pick a center...I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Ewing…Wilt. It leaves out a lot of people...It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. People don't realize he was in the top seven in steals...For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." —Michael Jordan

JoeBarelyCares is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #204
JoeBarelyCares
Contributing Member
JoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boardsJoeBarelyCares is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2113
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...3fid%3d5991448

One league source pointed to Houston as the team the Suns should keep on speed dial in the event that Nash wants out, since they have a bundle of assets that could hit the reset button for a rebuilding team. The Rockets can flaunt Yao Ming's expiring deal (with half the salary picked up by insurance), a 2011 first-rounder, the league's reigning Most Improved Player Aaron Brooks and another expiring deal in Jared Jeffries or Shane Battier.

Da Wink is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #205
Da Wink
Da Wink is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3674
Nash and Lopez...sick acquisitions if DM can make a deal with the Suns.

W22_STREAK is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #206
W22_STREAK
W22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineW22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineW22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Apr 2008
Member: #31459
can we actually trade our first rounder? I know you can't trade consecutive first round picks, and we've traded our 2012 pick to NJ for Terrence Williams.

I know we still have New York's pick, but still..

fallenphoenix is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #207
fallenphoenix
Contributing Member
fallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donefallenphoenix is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42673
nash is a great ball mover and can hit the open jumpers. perfect for this team.

his defense is suspect though.

STUD is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #208
STUD
Rookie
STUD is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47265
Nash is an amazing passer and all, but seriously if we have a back court of Martin and Nash, we would get murdered on defense every night, not to mention his around the same age as father time!

UTAllTheWay is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #209
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
Quote:
Originally Posted by W22_STREAK
can we actually trade our first rounder? I know you can't trade consecutive first round picks, and we've traded our 2012 pick to NJ for Terrence Williams.

I know we still have New York's pick, but still..
You can't trade two consecutive first round picks if those are the only ones you have.

Since the Rockets have New York's 1st round pick in 2012, they can trade their first round pick this year.

UTAllTheWay is offline Old 01-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #210
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
Nvm, I think I was wrong...

ChievousFTFace is online now Old 01-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #211
ChievousFTFace
ChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereChievousFTFace is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44945
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
You can't trade two consecutive first round picks if those are the only ones you have.

Since the Rockets have New York's 1st round pick in 2012, they can trade their first round pick this year.
New York's 2012 pick is protected... Rockets can't trade their 2011 1st.

karthik.08 is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #212
karthik.08
karthik.08 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32245
yao + bud for nash + lopez?

trade brooks + hill for something else.

nash/lowry
martin/lee
battier/twill
scola/ppat
lopez/chuck

+ something else.

haha iono.

karthik.08 is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #213
karthik.08
karthik.08 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #32245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Wink
Nash and Lopez...sick acquisitions if DM can make a deal with the Suns.

ah sorry, didnt see this - but agreed!

W22_STREAK is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #214
W22_STREAK
W22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineW22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineW22_STREAK is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
no nash please.

Disciple of RP is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #215
Disciple of RP
Contributing Member
Disciple of RP is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineDisciple of RP is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineDisciple of RP is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #32034
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUD
...not to mention [Nash] is around the same age as father time!
Ageless?

Rocketboi is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #216
Rocketboi
Rocketboi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2008
Member: #35976
Just asking but why fix what ain't broke? Felton is playing awesome basketball. No way they get Nash. I would love Nash here, he never goes cold like th rockets, in an uptempo system, kmart way more open shots. Omg!!! Bring Nash!!!!!!!!!

I mean he can't be worse than Brooks on defense, but he is 2 times as better on offense. A leader. A veteran, in my eyes an all star. A scoring threat, an outside shooter.

+ lopez and you got yourself a deal pheonix.

W22_STREAK is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #217
W22_STREAK
nash + martin is just gonna make keith bogans go for career highs every match

anchel is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #218
anchel
anchel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsanchel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsanchel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsanchel is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #44813
Mental masturbation:

Jeffries + Brooks + 1st pick + J.Hill

for Steve Nash

Then:

3 team trade:

We give to that 3rd team Martin; plus Yao's contract + Chase + another pick going to Denver, who recieves also material from the 3rd team.

We recieve Carmelo + Nene

Nene - Miller - Hayes
Scola - Patterson - Hayes
Melo - Battier
Terrence - Lee
Nash - Lowry - Smith

And we sign Yao this summer, who is able to make a come back and contribute.

Champions, and anchel named executive of the year, thank u.

rockets4llday is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #219
rockets4llday
rockets4llday is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47944
ya but guys think about what he could do to develope our other point guard lowry, wat he did to dragic was amazing he is such a better player now.

BasketballMind is offline Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #220
BasketballMind
Contributing Member
BasketballMind is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodBasketballMind is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2010
Member: #45883
Quote:
Originally Posted by W22_STREAK
nash + martin is just gonna make keith bogans go for career highs every match
Lol, yeah.... Twice a year