1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein]Rockets one of VERY interested teams to steal Steve Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. il italiano

il italiano Member

i agree, he could be a good player for a while like kidd

2. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

K-mart's on fire

3. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Wow, I posted in the wrong thread..
    Sorry guys.

4. Happii

Happii Member

At this time in his career I would really like Steve Nash to get a championship and I anyway don't think Steve Nash fit what we are going for right now. His 37 years old and near the end of his career. I really respect the guy and really want him to get a ring. I see that Miami needs a PG maybe he can go there.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We are also very interested in Wade, Melo, Amare... the list goes on. That doesn't mean a damn thing...

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

With the zero Defense players we have, trust me, this guy will make a world of difference for this team. Besides pre injured Brooks, not one other person can create there own shot. Nash is a playmaker, a triple threat that Lowry isn't. Lowry is a better defender and that's it. Nash starts, Lowry backs him up.

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Good enough to get you into the playoffs, but not good enough to take you to the promise land i'll pass. Rockets don't need any more of these type of players.

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Steve Nash's bad back and the Rocket's medical staff not a good match.

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

It seems like Morey is turning into Dawson 2.0 if he goes this route. Remember when the Rockets gave up to really good prospect in Cassell and Horry for Barkley? We were never the same. Yes we are no were near a championship team, but trading picks and propects for a aging hall of famer that maybe will get you two more years is not worth it. Old for young trades rarely works out for teams trading for old.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Nash + Polish Hammer

11. mrjuandiego1988

are the rockets interested in my services too? :grin:

12. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

please say no to Nash. He is far from the answer. No band aids, build a solid foundation from the ground up.

Nash gives us a 2 year window, 3 years max. Do not want to give up anything worthwhile for a pipe dream.

13. Hball

Hball Member

Wow...Morey's desperate for the 8th seed :(

14. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Lmao. Some of y'all could care less about winning, only about seeing your favorite 40yr old star finish his last few years here. Go rockets :rolleyes:

15. Sanity2disChaos

I dont think this is the best move for the Rox although we are probably their best trading partner considering our players (brooks) and other assets......i say you go after him only if they will include Lopez in the deal......then I would ship him to the KNicks for half of what the were goin to give Denver for Melo (who they are not getting unless he waits to be FA) make sure they include A.Rant and chandler w/picks and everybody is happy.....

We get young and picks....plus a 7'0 defensive center in Lopez.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

i agree that we only do this if we also get a legit shot-blocking center in the deal and we keep major pieces ie scola, martin, one of brooks/lowry, etc. as has been mentioned this gives us a 3 year window max so unless we can also plug our other holes, this is a tread-water type move. whatever comes along with nash has to be enough to get us to a late round playoff team.

would they send us nash and gortat/lopez for expirings and junk ? doubt it.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

A true center takes priority over upgrades at other positions.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not even a 2 or 3 yr window. He really only had a 2-yr window with Phoenix, when surrounded by incredible talent.

I love watching him play, but he's one of the very few players in the league that could downgrade our defense. :(

I'm sure others have said this and said it better, but I just can't believe this report at all.

19. Sanity2disChaos

ummmm not at all......you still have 50% of the Rox scoring still here (Martin/Scola)......they dont compare to the nets at any point in time....thats almost a insult!!

20. aicedo

aicedo Member

Nash is a great player(hall of famer) but if we pick him up where does all the talk about defense defense defense go. prospects + defense for Nash and his oldness.