1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not a "Should we draft Patterson or Hopkins" thread but from last September: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=258335

But like seemingly every thread on the Texans forum, it turned into a Bridgewater thread.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh so you mean Bobbythegreat happened.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not my fault the board was infected with Teddy fever back then.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

any update on wilfork?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing recent, we know he has 3 offers from AFC teams and it's widely believed that 1 of them is the Texans and another is the Colts.

6. vstexas09

my heart will hurt if he goes to indy...

cmon crennel lock him up!

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Texans are making all the right moves, despite the naysayers and the bleeding heart AJ fans. Make no mistake this is O'B's team and he is putting his stamp on it. This isnt Rick Smith making these decisions, its O'B! Gonna be a great year!

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'd much rather have Cordarrelle (obviously pending the price...5th rounder?) than Bowe.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I love what O'Brien is doing. To me, he and Crennel seemed to learn to how build something while in New England. And I think they can coach, too, based on last year. This is a good sign.

I know we say this every time, but this just feels different. You mean, we actually actually restructuring our team through cuts and free agency to take advantage of the market to fix some of our needs before the draft? Count me in.

These cuts, while gut wrenching, were totally necessary to improve the team. And It seems like our coaching staff actually has an interest in doing just that. With some good drafting, this could be a great thing.

10. vstexas09

i would feel 1000x better about this offseason, if we only had a solid starting qb...

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Big Vince. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/KBowenColts">@KBowenColts</a>: Frank Gore’s IG from earlier tonight hoping for Wilfork to be one more “U” member in Indy <a href="http://t.co/joqsrgNW7Y">pic.twitter.com/joqsrgNW7Y</a></p>&mdash; Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/576221692168691712">March 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They've already got 2 washed up 'caines, trying to make it 3.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

HOPE

the joys of being a fan. It's also a better way to live life.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

For all y'all thinking that Andre is betraying us, just keep that in mind: he was instrumental into getting not one, not two, but THREE washed up players from the U to be CASHIN DEM CHECKS for the enemy.

Good job Dre!

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Solid. He's single-handedly making sure they spend all their cap space on over the hill guys.

16. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Do we still have room to add a CB to our secondary? Someone like Chris Culliver or Perrish Cox would be a very decent signing.

And someone like Brandon Spikes as ILB? Didn't he played under Crennel during his Patriots days?

WR: Outside threats like Hakeem Nicks or Michael Crabtree? Low risk, high reward? Or a slot receiver like Lance Moore?

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They're not tier 1 at their positions but washed up is over exaggerating like a mother.

18. Pete the Cheat

Would you kick the tires on a short term deal with CJ Spiller? Would be a great change of pace behind Foster and reduce his work load.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Colts be very very good next year on offense. But those two signings are going to go downhill quick, IMO.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

As long as they have Luck they will be fine. Will dominate that division for next 10 years.