1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Well atleast Dmo can hit his free throws if he gets fouled.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No, he will always be open because they know he can't shoot.

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Dwight Howard had 18 rebounds, at least 10 were offensive. This is a ridiculous statement.

1 person likes this.
  4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

My point is hes been playing well off the bench. Simple as that.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

35% from free throw and 18% from three is not good. But to each his own. He would be a good player if he brought up the free throw % and stopped taking three's.

6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

lol its not like they sometimes take a bad shot... they are taking bad shot after bad shot after bad shot...dwight is turnover machine...jsmoove shooting 3s and long 2s...ariza bricking , 'dribbling', 'playmaking'... they are not giving the ball to the most efficient player... they are not giving the ball who almost always can create great shot for himself (DMO) etc... they are doing it constantly...
    they should have dominated cavs from the possesion no 1 going to postup after postup after postup.. what cavs could do?...blow them out until 2nd half then bring canaan in to practice 3s....

7. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

his former team are playing championship winning basketball blowing teams out of the building on 7 games winning streak...:eek::eek::eek:

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think you've been playing too much NBA Live. You don't just beat down an opponent possession after possession.....especially not an NBA team with Kyrie Irving running the point. Have you ever even played basketball?? And no, putting on Jordans and a headband, and throwing down windmills on your 7' backyard goal doesn't count.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Every team is dealing with that sir. You do know they won't dominate every scrub to mediocrity team correct. This is the NBA in which all these players are professionals.

Shouldn't the Seattle Supersonic dominated the 8th seeded Denver Nuggets correct? How did that series ended sir? And that's only one example out of many.

Any given day!

You guys are nick pickin after a win is crazy to me. We won and that's all that matters.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

didn't see it posted

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h7wEfFVXix4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol you should have seen his comment during the game. He said something like Dwight isnt trying out there and we should get rid of him.

Hes shooting 58% off the bench so far, I'll take it.

1 person likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, we can agree to disagree. I agree that Collins can be very good, but he didn't impress me last night. When Irving got to 34 points, they started carrying on about the guy possibly going for a career night. I don't have a problem with that, heck, if one of our guys was having a night shooting like that, I'd want them to mention it. After about the tenth time, however, it began to irritate me. Poetic justice? Irving was shut down late, mainly by Ariza, and held to 38. Sounds like he still scored a lot, and he did, but he couldn't score when it counted the most.

Maybe "sucked" was a little strong on my part. ;-)-

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

14. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

stop putting words in my mouth i didnt asked for domination but for correct plays...i dont even care if we lose....

at the end of the day i am not even criticising mc hale nor rockets but just wondering whats behind all those semingly unintelligent moves...(tanking to avoid OKC perhaps?)

and not every team is dealing with this... there are teams who run intelligent plays, play to theri streghts, play smart and score in the flow of offense and going to their most efficient guys and most efficient plays... look atlanta, spurs, detroit lately(after they waived the chucker player we ve got)...

we are not nitpickin after a win it was cleveland who lost to sixers... its not much of achievement... was it any more seroius team we would have our asses served on the plate....

15. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

yes i played basketball and i was always going to my favorite play, which was best suited to my strenghts no matter how non-conventional it looked...

they had no one to stop DMO whe should have gonne to DMO 20 times in the first half and blew them out of the building...

i didnt said that you beat them possesion after possesion after possesion...i said we take bad shot after bad shot after bad shot time and again....laying bricks 26 games and counting instead going to what works.... what even worked in clutch several games when we were peaking this year....

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Josh Smith: "It's unattainable what we can do"

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

HE'S SHOOTING 59% FROM THE FIELD.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Look man stop quoting me ok. He can't shoot free throws or 3's we all know so you continuing say well he's shooting 59% from the field does nothing to help his free throw or three point shooting.

19. rockpileindisma

But he IS shooting 59 percent from the field

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What does that have to do with what I said or are you just trolling?