1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 1/7/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I think we won this game because Dwight and Jsmith decided to play the way they are meant to and that's be aggressive inside the paint.

Its amazing how efficient Jsmith is when he decides to play an inside game rather than an outside game. His jump hook was really effective tonight

Corey Brewer is also shooting 45% from 3pt range as a rocket. Kind of makes me feel he is doing what Ariza should be doing. Can Brewer keep this up?

2. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

thnx bro, can you pinpoint a couple of details as to where in your humble opinion my analysis went out of whack?

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Josh Smith is going well right now

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You CLEARLY have it all figured out man. Why don't you head down to Toyota center and tell our guys they need to go back to "primary basketball school" and "stop doing things not working".

I definitely agree that it's painfully obvious we're tanking to avoid OKC/SA. It's so obvious a blind person can see it. All this talk about "new players" and "still figuring out rotations" and guys like brewer saying they're still "learning on the fly" is all lip service! MCFAIL! ISO! Sticky ball!!! :mad:

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It is stupid to start tanking to avoid somebody when the Rockets just got 20+ games in the win column. Think about it before you put it into words.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bwhahaha where is this primary basketball school?

Man everyone that has ever played basketball knows that you will make mistakes, turn the ball over, travel from time to time, take bad shots and etc etc etc. It doesn't matter if you go to this so call "PRIMARY BASKETBALL SCHOOL". You will make some mistakes , Human beings. Lol

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Either our players are slow or the coaches are too scared to tell them whats up. Maybe the coaches dont know whats up beyond the ball is sticky. I just want someone tell josh smith that he is not steph curry.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he's not joey Dorsey either

9. mingthething

mingthething Member

Don't wanna kill the mood here, but that was a goaltend. The ball hits the backboard right before Smith blocks it.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i think you need to visit the optometrist, that ball never touches the backboard at all

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Joey Dorsey doesn't take 12 shots per game off the bench while his shooting percentage is horrible. Josh hurts this team and I know it's hard to admit but unless he starts playing smarter he has to go. It's literally not even about jelling he needs to stay away from the three point line and practice his free throws, 35% free throw should get you banned just from the NBA but every ball court in America should close its doors when they see Smith coming. He makes mistakes that not NBA player paid his type of money should ever make.

12. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

JSmoove has played fine off the bench. Hes shooting 23/39 over the past 3 games.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

1. how many shots does Steph Curry take?
    2. how much is Morey paying J SMith?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Free Throw and Three Point?

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol I don't want Josh Smith taking three's and long two's he needs to cut that out, he is not Ray Allen.

17. bongman

bongman Member

I am not comfortable with that either. But if it is a wide open, unforced shot that was created in the flow of the offense, I am ok with it.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

All FGs, free throws not included.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

None of us wants him to take those types of shots. We don't won't Dmo or T. Jones taking them either. But guess what they will take those shots from time to time whether we want them to or not. Lol get use to it Sir.

All of our bigs are horrendous from the foul line. All of them. Only Dmo has gotten slightly better. Morey needs to find a clone of Yao Ming soon. Lol

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So what was the point of your response, I know what his stats are. He needs to stop taking three's, long two's, 35% from free throw is not just bad, it's borderline not trying especially since he shot 71% from free throw before.