1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. bmd

bmd Member

Bosh wasn't the problem at all. Wade has been the problem and they also lack a center. Those are the real problems.

2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

If Bosh leaves they can sign Melo and not have bad PR. They don't want to appear to have forced their all-star PF out.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

This free agency period is very weird. The free agents are waiting for something to happen. I am fine if we don't get any of those FA. Parsons is our #1 priority player we need to sign with.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bosh was a problem as well.

There is a reason that Miami front line could not contain any decent front court.

A jump shooting soft PF that avoids contact in the paint and that cannot rebound? That is always going to be a problem.

1 person likes this.
  5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lebron and chris bosh relationship

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

To get rid of Lin requires a draft pick at the very least, and probably cash. Possibly our first round pick. Why does that make the team better? You don't like MilkHair putting him in the game? Get rid of the coach, not our cash and draft picks.

7. bmd

bmd Member

..... because they didn't have a legitimate center.

Bosh is a PF.

8. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Doesn't look like Bosh is getting the hint. He's like that crazy ex you can't get rid of. Lebron or Riley are going to have to give him the, "it's not you, it's me" talk real soon or well be sitting here 3 weeks from now still trying to figure out what's going on.

9. Bandwagoner

I am that way about 99er CHI. But he deserves it so it isn't really some weird trait I have. More about CHI than it is about me really.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

He posted under "Swish" on OTRBasketball, which later became Discusshoops after it got hacked. I had the site on my signature for a few years. It lasted about 9 years before everyone got too old and were busy with college and the owner shut it down. Alex wasn't around really the last few years because he got the reporting gig.

11. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Can anybody give me an update I haven't been on here since 9pm

12. MFG16

MFG16 Member

Just my opinion but I don't see Morey going after a Love/Rondo trade unless Parsons signs an offer sheet before the Melo/Lebron/Bosh situation is settled (he'd have 3 days to match and would have to get someone before losing the ability to go over the cap). Seeing how the only suitors that have been reported interested in Parsons are currently waiting on Melo/Lebron/Bosh, I don't see this situation being resolved anytime soon. Everyone is waiting for the other person to make a move and it results in a very uneasy NBA/Clutchfans.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Legitimate PFs can do well.

Bosh is a soft-assed jump shooting PF that does not like contact in the paint and does not rebound.

Do not want.

14. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

RECAP:

[​IMG]

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

exactly. I just hate bringing it up because I state my theories as facts

16. Postcall

Postcall Member

Lin will probably cost 2 second rounders or 1 2nd and a Euro stash guy. Novak was moved for a future 2nd with 7 million due over the next two years Lin is a better player so at worst 2 seconds. His cap space can be used for defense...I dont think that is what the poster was getting at though.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not new, but:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Short of billboards over I-95 &amp; skywriting over South Beach, I'm not sure what else Bosh can do 2 convince ppl he prefers to stay in Miami.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/486376933341409280">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is it possible that Bosh is getting irritated with the hard sell because he is so sure Lebron is coming back?

18. bmd

bmd Member

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Miami's weak front court had little to do with Bosh and everything to do with the fact that they didn't have a center.

And also... Bosh shoots a lot of jumpers because that is what Miami wants him to do. You must have forgot how he played in Toronto.

19. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if all of these guys knew exactly where each other was going while us fans sit here wondering what's going on and if our team has a chance in hell at any free agents

20. Bandwagoner

Whoever trades for Lin will need to pay 15 million not 7 million like for Novak. Cash is almost certainly part of the deal and so is valuable draft picks.

No reason to dump him if we don't need to. I think we are still over the cap with him so we get MLE.