1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes because surely the Heat told their PF not to post up and get high FG% and also told him not to rebound because it was hurting their game plan.

And I am the one that is not making any sense....

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Quote attributed to me on <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSports1">@Foxsports1</a> feed bit of context: Bosh's preference remains with LeBron in Miami, but he's open to Houston offer.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/486382814397358082">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. sabesque

sabesque Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Quote attributed to me on <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSports1">@Foxsports1</a> feed bit of context: Bosh's preference remains with LeBron in Miami, but he's open to Houston offer.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/486382814397358082">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You guys are on your game tonight, 3rd.

This is what we all expected I doubt Woj is happy with FS1's social media team on that one.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I'm just hoping something finally happens tomorrow. Too much damn stalling for someone to finally make a move and there's conflicting reports on who is the one everyone's waiting on (Bosh according to SAS? LeBron? Melo?).

6. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

What time on July 10th can players officially sign? 12:01AM?

7. Htown's Finest

LMBO. You people honestly think Bosh is not going to consider our offer at 4 years/$88 million dollars? Who else is going to give him that much guaranteed money? He will never see this much money again ever in his life. Even if he does not come here, he will think long and hard about passing up that much cash.

8. htown7829

htown7829 Member

One minute, our hopes are crushed, then a tweet later, have some hope. Back and forth, back and forth. Craziness

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

So nothing changed and almost everyone overreacted as usual. :rolleyes:

10. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

So Woj explains more clearly now. It is all depends on Lebron. If Lebron leaves, Bosh will come here.

11. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Depending on what happens, I wouldn't be surprised if a few other teams with money throw a max contract at Bosh I.e. Dallas if for anything to screw us.

12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Everything will make more sense after Lebron's meeting tomorrow with Riley. I doubt Bosh is in the dark regarding Lebron's decision, especially since he's made it clear he wants to play along side him. My guess is that meeting is similar to Dwight's last year at the end of everything.

13. bmd

bmd Member

"Both drew criticism because a 6-foot-11 player was launching from the perimeter.

"That's what we need him to do on this team," guard Dwyane Wade said. "We've went away from back-to-the-basket Chris Bosh. I don't think he's really concerned about people saying he's too this or too that. It's what we need him to do on this team. Chris understands that. Him out there stretching the floor is what we need. He's a big shot maker.""

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-05-13/sports/fl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-0514-20140513_1_chris-bosh-brooklyn-nets-miami-heat

" To appease critics ahead of a contract year in 2010, he bulked up and became the only NBA player that season to average 24 points and 10 rebounds.

"Nobody cared," Bosh says. "Even when I lived in the paint. I put up 24 and 10 in Toronto and lost and people complained. I put up 18 and 8 here and win and people still complain.""

"I've always said from day one, CB is our most important player," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra says. "And that's not because I'm trying to build him up. The average fan doesn't appreciate what he does for us. But we do. He's sacrificed and changed his identity from when he first got here. He's a completely different player and we're better for it."

"Bosh wasn't always on board with it. Shane Battier, his stat-savvy teammate, pulled him aside one practice last season and showed him that taking one step back from Bosh's hot spot in the midrange could add more efficiency. Three is greater than two, and the payoff of a 50 percent 2-point shooter is equivalent to a 33 percent 3-point shooter. "He struggled with the spacing early on, because the footwork and the feel of the game is different," Battier says. "But he got the math. There are only a few players in the league that can understand the math behind it and trust the numbers. He's one of them."

Still, big men are known for a smashmouth style of play. It takes time to adapt to a new on-court identity, even for a longtime outsider like Bosh. "People confuse intellect for softness," Battier says. "It's just smart basketball. You have to let people know, 'I'm smart, but I have some sharp elbows as well.'"

"Twenty and 10 is easy, I think," Bosh says. "You give me enough shots, I'll average 20. You give me a particular system where I stick close to the basket, I'll average 10 rebounds. But it's different here. We're competing for a championship, and that's what it's all about."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11046586/reinvention-chris-bosh

2 people like this.
  14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Let them, he would choose Houston over Dallas without question

Why would he go to Dallas who has Chandler and Dirk? Where is is going to play and even at that Houston has the better team.

15. htown7829

htown7829 Member

These dudes not sleeping much this time of year. Heck then again I'm still sitting here on twitter and clutch fans. The season needs to get here

16. cdain3

cdain3 Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Thank you for posting this. People here seem stuck on ignorance.

18. htown7829

htown7829 Member

I agree with all of that just never know with Cuban and can never take away the fact he's from Dallas. Id love to think he'd pick the better Basketball situation and come here, but if that was always the case, Carmelo would be here

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I didn't know you could use Mid level before filling out your roster. Learn something new every day. #foregetmcroberts

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

calm down there betsy, i can promise you no players are going to be in a huge rush to sign at midnight.