1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The real question is do we let Parsons go if we strike out and he gets too big of an offer, or do we match and bring him back while basically blowing up our cap space without improving the team from last year...

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

If Lebron wanted Bosh out, he'd take a meeting with the Rockets and feign toward seriously considering that offer. That would quickly get Bosh to leave.

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

All this specualtion that Lebron wants Bosh to bail so Melo can sign on and yet what baffles me is that Bosh is NOT the problem in Miami, DWade is a shadow of his former self and you would think that Lebron is fully aware of this. I suppose since Wade is a Miami "lifer" he can't force him out, but it makes no sense to me that Lebron would actively be pulling the strings from behind the curtain to make Bosh want to split when adding Melo may actually make them worse over all (especially if the bench is what it was and the new additions are Granger and McRoberts, not a lot of serious upside there in my opinion). This whole thing is getting tiring to invest the emotional interest in at this point...

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Don't post Alex Kennedy tweets. He's an 18 year old who thinks he is the next Woj when all he does is constantly just reposts everything everyone says and doesn't give credit.

5. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah... so I have no problem with the Rockets offering Bosh the max.

They HAVE to get a great free agent this year because they won't be able to next year. They'd be stuck without much cap room.

They'd have no cap room and a worse team... no Asik, no Lin, etc.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

If LeBron leaves, Bosh will change his tune very quickly.

God, our future depends on the Decision of LeBron James. :(

7. Htown's Finest

Who wouldn't want to play with his friends LeBron James and Dwayne Wade, make good money, and live in a beautiful city filled with beautiful women? That is hard to turn down when you look at it like that. But if Bosh is not wanted, low balled, and/or James bolts to Cleveland, then what is your plan B if you are Bosh? Houston offering Bosh a 4 year/$88 million dollar contract, playing with a young healthy title contending roster (which includes the best SG and C in the NBA), and being able to go back to your home state is a good consolation prize for Bosh IMO.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you follow Alex Kennedy I question your intelligence.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Short of billboards over I-95 &amp; skywriting over South Beach, I'm not sure what else Bosh can do 2 convince ppl he prefers to stay in Miami.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/486376933341409280">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I knew him before he got the gig and he's actually one of the smartest posters I've ever met. He's just not a good reporter but his game analysis was top notch back then.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not hold your breath and get too excited.

all this waiting

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We are pretty convinced where he wants to stay if Lebron is there. Not sure why he is tweeting this.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Uh, he could sign a ****ing contract, moron.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Where was he a poster?

15. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow evening we start hearing rumors of the Rockets being in trade talks with Minnesota for Love or Rondo. Surely Morey knows he can't sit around waiting for LeBosh (might as well call Lebron and Bosh Lebosh since Bosh wants to be attached to Lebrons hip the rest of his career)to decide what they're gonna do. Lebron could very well last deep into next week before deciding which means same for Bosh, which also means Parsons is going to sign an offer sheet and get tired of waiting for us. Definately need a beer just thinking of the craziness.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I didn't ****in get it. Why does Miami have to wait for Bosh to pursue Melo?

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Kennedy may not be accurate but those having a hard time believing bosh wants Miami over Houston even for less money are fools!

18. bmd

bmd Member

Because he's a Miami Heat reporter and he's gotta pump sunshine.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bosh wants to play with Lebron but Lebron is not stupid. He knows Bosh is a liability and is hoping he is out of Miami. But Bosh wants to play with Lebron in Miami.

This is friggin hilarious.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They are hoping Bosh leaves by himself. They dont have the guts to tell him to GTFO straight to his face.

Miami is hoping/praying Bosh takes the Rockets offer.