1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

That rusty excuse by Harden is garbage. You don't remain rusty all the way til overtime.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It's not just a bad game, it's the WAY he plays the game under certain situation. He's not very smart in terms of knowing what's going on in the game. When you're down by 1pt with 40secs, you don't settle for 3...PERIOD!! I don't care how good a shooter you are!! You only does it when you run out of time or something or you're absolutely wide open. Other wise, he needs to attack and try to draw foul especially when the other team are in foul trouble and they don't have Lopez and you just need 1pt to tied it up. Not only he failed to see this, he did the same damm thing before the OT when we have 3secs left with game tied up. They inbound him the ball inside the 3 pt line...he caught it and ran to the 3 pt line to settle for 3pts...wtf?? LOL...the game is tied up...why 3?? Why not just try to drive or draw foul or something. He's stupid. So is the coach for continuing letting him be stupid.

1 person likes this.
  3. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Not to take away any credit from Bev, but Lillard still got 31+9+5 and 1TO. Individual defenders are overrated. Our rotation is awful once Lillard got past the first defender.

1 person likes this.
  4. ERC

ERC Member

I believe starting this year the finals are now 2-2-1-1-1 just like earlier rounds.

5. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

LOL. Okay that's funny!

6. paunguye

paunguye Member

I heard from my friend who was at the game that Bev could not put weight on his gimp leg.... Needed help to get off the court =(

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who knows. It's all a bunch of bull****. :p

I know I didn't stay up for the Rockets to lose this! :mad:

They should split but go down 0-2, yeah, not looking good.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Thoughts:
    - First and foremost, the officiating was far to much of a factor on this game. The technical on Beverley, the ticky tack moving screens on Asik which got him 3 fouls quickly, and most importantly the final lose ball foul on Howard that was clearly on Freeland.
    -We are much better team than Portland, and we should have won that game.
    -We played their game, not ours. We are not a half court team. We walked it up the court every single time. Going back and forth exchanging post ups between Howard and LMA is going to end with us losing the series.
    -The twin towers was a stupid idea. We have beat that team 3 times, we haven't used it in months, we need to play our game and not play to lower competition.
    -Stotts idea to try and post up Mathews on Harden was a worse idea. Terrible coaching on his behalf. Harden is a lazy defender, not a bad one, specifically in the post.
    -LMA is an impossible guard for us. We need to come up with a double teaming scheme when he makes his move.
    -Howard hit your ****ing free throws!
    -Harden, sweet James Harden. You have been awesome this year, now is not the time sink.
    -I feel like Beverley is done, I just feel it.
    -Lin was great in the first quarter, then was awful for the rest of regulation. Can't defend a lick and turned the ball over at critical times. If Beverley is out, I think we are done, unless Canaan somehow is ready.

Lost homecourt advantage, but still very winable.

Go Rockets!

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You know they would have just hacked Asik right. Why would you sub in one bad FT shooter for another? He should have just let Howard shoot the free throws.

10. NickKent

NickKent Member

Has McFail ever heard of a double team? Everyone in the gym knew they were going to Aldridge every possession in 4th, and Lillard in OT, and our defense doesn't do anything to get the ball out of their hands. Inexcusable, crushing loss.

11. tmacman

tmacman Member

Actually it's been changed to 2-2-1-1-1 like every other series.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think McHale did a bad job of coaching tonight, but I don't blame him for taking Dwight out at that stretch of the game. He was terrible at the foul line. He went 2 for 6. That's not gonna get it done. It was looking like the Laker game all over again.

Where McHale f'ed up was benching Dwight and then not bringing Asik in to replace him. Also clock management was horrendous by the team. Remember that bricked free throw before Dwight was taken out where the Rockets got the offensive rebound and Harden jacked up a quick 3-pointer that missed instead of holding onto the ball? Worst thing that happens if you don't shoot is that Dwight gets fouled again and you get 2 free throw attempts. Plus they should've called timeout when there was 2:00 left after they got the ball back. Instead they used up the entire shotclock(instead of just the first 5 seconds when Dwight had to stay off the floor) and were unable to have Dwight in the game to play defense on the next possession.

Just a horrible job handling substitutions and clock management tonight.

13. Andrew Wiggins

I can take losing by 5-10 points. But losing an ot game in a ft shootout in a game that took well over 3 hours is just brutal.

14. team5

team5 Member

Exactly, you can't shut down a good offensive player by Bev alone, even though he works their asses off.

15. Andrew Wiggins

So many lead changes and whistles. The refs took over this game.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is why the national media doesn't respect the rockets.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

This is the truth. That's why the Bulls play great D no matter the players, because TEAM DEFENSE is like a machine that all the players are cogs in.

Pick and Roll defense, when to hedge, which direction to funnel players to, knowing where the help is coming from and when, etc. is far more important than 1 vs 1 defense.

18. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

one word... trolling

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Also can we please stop with the Parsons guarding the other team's pg defense? Has never worked and never will.

20. Andrew Wiggins

Remember when we argued and i told you i did not want to face the best pf in the game along with lillard making the best pick and roll duo in the league.