1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Yup! Dummy Lin strikes again!

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Howard fouled out but Asik should have been in.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I bet you tomorrow NBA is going to come out a pathetic statement saying that Portland actually fouled Howard at the end and he should have been rewarded 2 free throws lol. This bullshyt pathetic referees judgement calls are unacceptable and should be punished. They should get rid of these pathetic refs for failing to see what's happening in the game.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I still can't believe our collapse down the stretch. Wednesday is must win or this one's a wrap. I really am just completely sad right now.

5. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Parsons can't create for himself...at all. The best way to use Parsons is as a slasher and spot up 3's.

6. bonny1

bonny1 Member

How come Bev didn't block out Lillard at the last sec tip in to force OT? Only Howard was there to fight for a rebound

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

To some of the posters in this thread, there is a difference between being an optimist and willfully ignorant.

The flaws the rockets have get magnified exponentially in the playoffs.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man and the crying after the no calls. Mchale was pleading for them to get back...

LMA really looked like he wanted to win. I saw a little of that in Dwight but I didnt see that in Harden. Rockets were trying to get Harden the ball, but his defender didnt let him get the ball then harden just stopped. he just stopped working to get the ball.. man i feel really defeated..

now rockets have to wait till Wednesday. They have a long time to think about this...

9. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

We had the game in the bag until the hack-a-howard...and Harden froze in the last play when everyone knew he would get the ball and get gang banged. *SMH* hope we beat the crap out of them in game 2 to make it up.

10. yummyhawtsauce

im so deflated right now, can't believe i have to go to work tmr

11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

the hack a howard changed the momentum...rockets were gonna pull away i think

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If Beverley is misses time we are ****ed. No one on our roster can guard Lillard other than him.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden: We let up. Gave them a couple easy baskets. Gotta play better. Kinda rusty and shake it off. Get better in game two. 6 days since I been on the court. Sluggish and slow. I gotta pick it up.

14. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

My read on this game was that it was a momentum game from the regular season. We were playing well and you weren't playing your best basketball.

I expect that to change Game Two. I think the Rockets will come out breathing fire. I hope my Blazers can survive the onslaught.

15. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

damn any word on bev? need everyone as healthy as possible to dig out of this hole.

16. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

it's only fitting the Trailblazers win on 420

17. Tubbin'

Tubbin' Member

Yes they looked like they were gonna pull away and they should have bit damn man ****ing houston teams lack killer instinct!!!!

18. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Because the league needs ratings from west coast fans. The other team is from Oregon remember.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is a seven game series and the Rockets can surge back. Portland may have played their best game. Now if they win the next one, then the Rockets can start making off season plans which likely will include a new coach. Disappointing night from Harden.

20. conquistador#11

because we're houston. 100 years from now when the astros get back to the post season the games will be at noon on the week days. just the way it is