1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I. Would be pretty happy if the rockets somehow get rondo and ariza for asik,lin, and filers. A 4th team would probably have to be included.

2. nono

nono Member

Parsons + Asik for Deng ?

3. davestrate

davestrate Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ly3eqyz

Add our 2014 unrestricted pick going to the Wolves

Rockets: ultimately we get rid of 4 bench players and get two solid spaniards whom Morey has the major hots for. If Gasol doesn't pan out think of his huge salary coming off the books next season.

T-Wolves: reunite Lowry with Adelman, rid themselves of Barea, and get an unrestricted pick in next years solid draft.

Lakers: add a second semi allstar type in Gay and a solid presence in the paint in Asik along with an emerging contributor in Jones

Raptors: Obtain their prized vet in Nash allowing him to retire in Canada and sell some tix in the process and they get his replacement in Lin. D-Mo and Val can play twin towers up there and should be familiar with each other's games.

In case link does not work:
    Rockets in: Gasol and Rubio
    Rockets out: Asik, Lin, Jones, D-Mo and a 2014 unrestricted pick

Lakers in: Gay, Asik, and Jones
    Lakers out: Gasol and Nash

T-Wolves in: Lowry plus Houston's 2014 1st round pick
    T-Wolves out: Rubio and Shved

Raptors in: Nash, Lin, D-Mo and Barea
    Raptors out: Gay and Lowry

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I wouldn't even do Parsons for Deng straight up.

Parsons is a 24 year old STUD and Deng is pushing 30...

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Thought about this one, but we would need two of Butler/Mirotic/Charlotte's 1st to make it work.

I've had a hard time seeing how trading Parsons improves the team. Unless you get a top 15-20 player, I don't think it will be worth it. His contract and playing style are too perfect for this team.

I could see Parsons gone if we could get someone like Melo. Then we will want an elite defensive wing to help support Harden/Melo.

6. rokit

rokit Member

Rondo to Houston is going to happen. Makes a lot of sense both basketball and politics wise. His agent used to be McHale's college roommate. Represents Beverley and Yao, too. Most of his clients ended up playing for the Twolves when McHale was Vice President of Basketball Operations over there.

7. tonman

tonman Member

thanks for being reasonable.... rondo does not stretch the floor and by playing a stretch 4, that means only Howard or center will be on the boards if others are at the perimeter. counting on rondo to rebound?

Houston needs to go to a more traditional lineup but still run and gun as their defense is not going to improve. if you bring in deng/butler you're changing the style of the team. let's try to find the right pieces first before breaking the team apart.

possible moves:

1. Asik. Would rather he stay but is valuable to get back a backup center at a lower price. Or keep and use for next season.

2. Brooks. Several teams needing PG help.

3. DMo/Smith. With Jones involved in the PF rotation and Asik's future uncertain, getting a player than can come in and rebound and backup both spots is important. I would like to get someone with a chip on his shoulder or an enforcer type. Noah's just too expensive. I would look at Hansbrough and tell him he has 6 fouls, use it. Plus, no more tip toeing through the tulips in practice.

In other words, try to find the right minor pieces to fit this team better and see if that helps. if not, the only other choice is to move a big piece like Asik. For example, Garcia is nice to have when he's hitting but when he's not he's pretty much useless. I would send Brooks and Garcia for Dunleavy. Chicago is NOT going to give up Butler and they're definitely not going to give up BOTH Butler and Deng. If they give up Deng for Asik, they're going to have the same issue as Houston. Unless they decide to move Noah, Asik will just pout for the Bulls. They already have Noah, Boozer, Gibson. They may just need a backup.

If it can be done, this is what I would do. This is a young team so if you are going to dismantle, do so next season. Howard and Harden aren't going anywhere. If wing defense is needed, then you can look at moving Parsons. If a starting PF is needed, now you can look at moving Asik. The ancillary pieces are just as important.

Bev/Lin
    Harden/Dunleavy
    Parsons/Casspi
    Jones/Hansbrough
    Howard/Asik

8. subzor

subzor Member

trade lin + harden for wall + nene, howard for pierce + garnett +joe johnson, parson for evan turner, brooks and asik for deng, that will fix our toughness and defensive issue with good offense too. even a fail coach like mchale would be successful with this team

tldr: wall, joe johnson, deng, garnett, nene. bench: turner, pierce

9. Raven

Raven Member

I think he looks much older than his age. That's always a huge red flag to me.

10. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

You do not want to touch any of these players.

11. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

asik + lin for rondo and a scrub we will cut before christmas

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

How does Rondo to Houston make any sense, basketball wise?! Rondo can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands the majority of the time to be effective. In a perfect world, Harden with Rondo would be scary, since you would combine the brilliance of Rondo to get Harden shots. But no way Harden is going to be let Rondo be the majority or only ball handler on this team.

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

And he has always been one of the leaders in minutes per game. I think he gets almost 40 minutes per game. That will wear you out fast, no matter the age! And since he is around 30 and trading for him would mean he would be getting a lot of minutes here, I don't want.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

If they would throw in a back up center, would be prefect

15. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Asik/Lin for Rondo/Lee

I hope this trade goes down December.

16. Oracle

Oracle Member

I would not trade Parsons and certainly not for Deng. Deng is a free agent in the summer and not a long time prospect anyway. Parsons is.

I would not trade for Rondo because I don't think it will be a good match with Harden. Too much ego bound to clash.

I would not trade Asik without getting a good reserve center in return.

I would trade Asik and Lin for Boozer/Deng and Butler.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Then harden needs to be reeled. We,re not talking about giving up the ball to a guy who he makes beter decisions than,lin we ar taling about a premier ballhandler and distributor wthbig game and champio nship experience. I think harden handles the bal so much because h thinks hes the best option which may be true. if the rockets get rondo, his job is alot easier an hewould be more effective and the team would be better. Why? Rondo gets everyone the ball where theyneed it. Late in games, you wont see anymore shot clock violations.

18. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

You think , but there's no way you know this is true or not, if the opposite happens, I.E Harden still dominate the ball most of the time, now your went from one of the better spot up shooter to one of the worst.

Let me use the simple case of Jose Calderon to demonstrate why your assumption is likely to be wrong.

Calderon's career AST% is 39%, per 36 assist is 8.9, this year, it's 23% and 5.9 the worst mark of his career. he hasn't regressed elsewhere (in fact, currently shooting at career highs.) so it's not a decline thing. it's just the nature that assist and ball handling is very much a matter of scheme and personnel

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Im kinda torn on Lin .... Not because of his play but because of the lack of defense between he and Harden. I'm not sure they can coexist on the same roster as they are much like Asik & Howard in the fact that their weaknesses are the same - Piss Poor Defense.

I really like what Lin offers offensively and think he would be difficult to replace & probably impossible to replace for the same dollar amount.

Really wonder if better defensive scheming would improve the perimeter defense .... or if this team needs to make a change. If there is a change to be made , I cant see them moving Harden .... more likely than not it would be Lin.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]
    + draft picks distributed however necessary to get the trade done