1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Sorry, your proposal was "Maybe Asik and Beverley for Deng and Tony Snell" which works out for the Rockets fine, but the biggest issue is, Asik is not going back to Chicago. The way the contract is set up (I am far from some cap-ologist, so this could be way off and I am too lazy to check) would negatively impact Chicago more than any other team (due to the offer sheet being offered for Chicago to counter or accept). With any other team, the cap hold would be the $8.4M (or whatever it is) while Chicago would have a $15M cap disadvantage. That makes a HUGE difference (Maybe like ~$10M difference... I could be waaaay off). With their salary for next season already being at ~$64.5M, that would be paying an incremental tax on ~$10M (with the new CBA the lux taxes should be even higher).

Ah, Sorry, I mixed your comments up with this trade below VVVV. My apologies. Hard to get this trade out of my mind it was so bad lol. VVV

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

It's the only move we should make to win championship next year. Humphries expiring contract - clears our cap space to sign someone for PF spot.

Humphries is great rebounder and defensive player tho.

3. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No shot at a title this year, though, all for maybe having the cap space to sign somebody, maybe, in the offseason. The somebody, btw, being nobody really, since it's not like Kevin Love is a FA until 2015. The only 3 free agents PF I'd really consider = Randolph, Pau, Nowitzki. Pau + Dwight ain't happening again. Randolph is a pass I think at this point. Don't get me wrong, still a capable PF, but at 33 not exactly the guy I'd want to lock up for multiple years,. Dirk would be nice, but of course even older and frankly is fairly unlikely to bolt Dallas in free agency for Houston. Bargnani? Amir Johnson? Uh... no. Bosh excercisign his option? Unlikely... but even if so, people really underestimate his role and use on that Heat team. He's definitely a key cog there, whether they win this year or not.

And Rondo... fun as hell to watch, but has had personality clashed with multiple players and coaches, is still injured, and has a style of play that is the exact opposite of what I'd ideally put next to Harden.

5. bball1217

bball1217 Member

HOU gets: Victor Faverani, Luol Deng, Bobcats 2014 1st round pick (owned by Bulls; top 10 protected in 2014; top 8 in 2015; unprotected after)
    HOU gives: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, 2014 1st round pick

BOS gets: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik, Chicago 1st round pick, Houston 1st round pick (both can be unprotected)
    BOS gives: Rajon Rondo, Victor Faverani

CHI gets: Rajon Rondo
    CHI gives: Luol Deng, both 2014 picks

Houston gets a solid backup center in Faverani, as well as a legit forward who can defend multiple positions very well in Deng.

Boston gets 2 young players and 2 draft picks in the 2014 draft.

Chicago gets a PG to replace Rose who is out for the year. Rondo fits with the Bulls a lot better than he fits with the Rockets in my opinion.

Holdup might be in who gets what picks...but, I think its a good foundation for a trade that helps us a lot.

Houston lineup:
    Beverley/Brooks/Cannan
    Harden/Garcia
    Parsons/Deng/Casspi
    Deng/Jones/Casspi
    Howard/Faverani/Jones

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

From one ACL recovering PG to another. Morey would not give up an unprotected pick.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Man, you're not going to pull me into that cap stuff...Lol.. I have no idea... But I do think Asik's cap hit will only be $8 million and not $15 million the way the deal is structured. May have to get a third team evolved if Chicago plans to move Noah... Or may have to move Asik to a team for a player they may want... I just think Deng is the guy the Rockets can get their hands on to improve the team to possibly make them contenders...

Plus coming out of that system and being a veteran _ he may be able to work with Harden (and the rest of the guys) on being a good team defense. May be able to teach the coaches a thing or two on how they do it in Chicago (defensively)...

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It would be $8.3 Mil for any team NOT named Chicago. It would be $15 Mil for Chicago. That's the beauty of the poison pill.

Here is a better explanation.

http://basketball.about.com/od/nba-cba-glossary/g/Poison-Pill-Contract.htm

^ With actual Houston Rockets' examples of Lin's and Asik's contracts.

There is one thing close to certain...

Lin will not be a Knick in 2014-2015.
    Asik will not be a Bull in 2014-2015.
    Lebron will not be a Laker in 2014-2015 :p

9. bball1217

bball1217 Member

We are getting the Bobcats pick in return, that's the only reason we are giving up our pick, basically we are improving our draft position.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Talking about Chicago's perspective.

11. HOUSTONROCKETS5

I'd do this.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Good info... And if LeBron isn't going to be a Rocket _ I don't care...Lol..

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Actually any team we trade asik or Lin to will have a cap hit of 8.3, including the knicks or bulls respectively. The 15 only mattered if they matched.

14. R=$

R=$ Member

Haslem & Anthony from Heat for Omar! Got to love it!:cool:

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

PLEASE STOP POSTING RONDO TRADE IDEAS

He does not fit with this team!!

1 person likes this.
  16. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I have completely changed my mind about trading Lin. Lets leave PG alone.
    We do need to trade Asik, all over the internet I keep hearing his value drop more and more.

17. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Y'all can call it crazy but I do not want Rondo on this team.

We gave Lin crap for not being able to shoot! yet people are clamoring for Rondo??

Lin is doing just fine, and I love the dynamic with him and Bev.
    Asik must go, hopefully for a capable wing defender and a backup center/stretch big man

18. conquistador#11

howard, harden and lin for lebron. gerr it done, morley!

19. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Lee + Faverani for Asik. Can't happen till Dec.15th

20. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Great trade.