1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Lostie

Lostie Member

:grin: I wish I could rep you x1000000 for this XD

2. kozmo

kozmo Member

That's right we did lose but the first time we played SA we got blown out. This time we took them dot overtime

It's a reasonable thing to assume that this team might be as good or nearly as good without harden. The question is could Lin produce the same level of performance night after night if he were by himself. Questionable

3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I guess we will never know unless Harden is injured.

4. Grigori

Grigori Member

The last time Lin played great the Rockets were leading by multiple possessions in the 4th, Lin just drained a 3, and Kevin "I Keep the Lineup with the Momentum" McHale went, "Man, Lin is killing it out there. Jeremy, hit the bench!" In the 4 minutes he was on the bench, the Rockets squandered 10 plays on offense and defense, scored at an 8-point quarter pace while the Spurs scored at a 40-point quarter pace, losing the lead and the game in one single headscratching blunder move. Then, after the game, McHale blames the loss on Lin's 1 play. That's a laugher.

McHale's coaching ability is crap. His "simple offense" nonsense is crap. He has no *&%$ing clue on offense. He was lucky to get by last year with residual offensive skills instilled by the previous coach. It was a system Lowry kept trying to run and McHale decided to scrap mid season, no doubt in large part leading to an unhappy Lowry and a late season collapse as the offense crumbled to dust as McHale meddled with more of his cockeyed "adjustments." The man simply has no ability to coach. He ought to keep to excercising his "leader of men" skills from behind a desk.

5. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EsGNL9K5mUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They played against the Spurs with Harden out and they went to overtime.. It wasn't just any Lost, it was a good effort by a short-handed team and Lin went off...

6. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Based on the way he is used, I would not be surprise if he is out with injury by March.

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

Irrelevant. No credible person is saying that Lin is better than Irving here.

8. kozmo

kozmo Member

Well we will find out at some point. This is exactly what he did in ny.

Hopefully this will change or he will get moved and it will happen there.

Lin needs a quality big, guys who can hit the 3 ...I think if he runs the show and has those tools that team will be successful if they
    Play d

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I have asked Clutch to allow me to do that. Hope it would come out soon.

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Please read my post #1169 titled "Raptors' Dirty Little Tricks Exposed" to find out exactly why Lin and Harden have let Calderon get his triple double. That could have been stopped and we should have won the game. Many offensive fouls should have been called on Calderon's pick and rolls which were killing us. McHale and Sampson were not able to detect them and request fouls called to stopping the Raptors doing it the whole game. This showed how good they are on defense.

It was not Lin's or Harden's fault. No one in NBA can guard two or three opponents at the same time. From the very beginning the Raptors' supreme game plan has been making sure that no one can get near Calderon or whoever the point guard was. And they managed to achieve that without getting caught by the refs.

11. onreego

onreego Member

The funny thing is I agree with some of you Lin guys to a certain extent. I feel Harden can be used much like Kevin Martin was used, running off screens and getting his points. Not only that, Harden would be even more efficient doing that because he can take the jumpshot or drive in and score or dish. This would allow Lin to control the offense more instead of passing it off all the time.

The main issue I have is blaming everyone else for Lin not being as agressive as he should be or the hoping he gets traded and all that non-sense. I think he's just deferring way too much and that its a mindset thing versus a system thing. However, thats a personal thing and its something Lin needs to get over.

Truth of the matter is, we can't say its the system because technically in this "free-flowing" offense there is no real system, so no one is really asking him to hand it off and stand in the corner. I think the coaches just want to see him be as agressive on offense as he is on defense and perhaps that is why sometimes you see Toney closing out the 4th at times. Because while Toney may not be the best option, he's attacking the defense. Shoot, he doesn't even look for Harden half the time lol. Hopefully Jeremy starts to become more assertive and builds that confidence. I think he'll be fine eventually, he's still developing.

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

This is one of the things Lin should definitely learn to make sure he has a bright future in NBA.

13. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Tinman meant Morey signed Lin not because he believed Lin's ability, but out of choice.

14. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

What's your point?

So you think Morey would still be interested in another PG who is also ball-dominant so that he and Harden can compete for ball? You think this Harden and Lin, both ball-dominant type player hasn't give him enough headache that he want to continue that experiment? :rolleyes:

of course, when you don't have a solid point, you can always put a pic there to hide your inability to argue. :rolleyes:

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If you don't think Morey would be interested in Kyrie Irving then you're hopeless. The coaching staff would make the adjustments to make sure both got their shots. Lin isn't Kyrie Irving. Their names don't even belong in he same sentence.

16. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

The point is not if Kyrie is better than Lin. Of course, everybody knows that Kyrie is far superior. The point is: the ball-dominant Harden and ball-dominant Kyrie would have the same problem: there won't have enough ball for them to share to max their strength.

It's easier said that oh, the coaching staff would make the adjustments. If coaching stuff is so genius, why haven't they figured out how to better use Lin? If making adjustment means Kyrie has to be a spot-up shooter, then giving me the numbers showing he is already very good at without the ball. If you can't, how do you know the similar experimenter would work?

You sound as if any superstars would work together without considering their style. If so, why Phil Jackson was saying that Carmelo and Amare do not fit together? :rolleyes:

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe you don't understand this, I'll make it clear for you.

Kryie Irving is way better than Lin. If it was a straight up trade, EVERY NBA GM would do this in .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds

you get it? there's no if he plays with harden or chandler etc, they would do that trade.

comprende?

18. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Can you even read? :rolleyes: It's not about Lin. Why are you so obsessed about dragging this conversation into Lin when all I'm talking about is whether it's wise to get another ball-dominant PG to share ball with Harden when we have this headache experiment right in front of our eyes already?

By the way, you don't have to use so many 000000s to make your point. Do you not know screaming shouting or exaggerating does not make you more creditable? I never ever said Lin in any case is better or even close to Kyrie's level.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's your opinion, last time I checked you are still not a GM.

K.Irving is better than Lin, but not by that much.

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Since you obviously lack reading and comprehension skills, let me make it easier to you: Say Lin is not on this team. Give me a good reason that Morey would rather want Kyrie if say sharp shooting guard Stephen Currey is also available to pair with Harden? Don't give me crap words like just because Kyrie is superstar. Give me good reasoning why Kyrie's skillsets would better compliment Harden's style than Stephen Curry's would. Using date and numbers to back it up.