1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I disagree. Asik has played well and lin is a fluke

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Post a video, you're not really helping by just trying to explain it

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I don't have the video. If you have the league pass, you can watch the replay any time you want.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

On second thought, maybe you know how to cut these episode out from the NBA League Pass. I can give you the time and you can post them here for every one.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Calderon destroyed Lin and Douglas. Calderon is no joke man. This guy sees the floor really, really well. The Raptors have an amazing Lowry/Calderon combo going. Alot like the Dragic/Lowry combo of what we had last season.

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I dont know how, just saying that I think it would be more helpful if we just saw the play.

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

At 4:52 in the fourth quarter, Lin guarding Calderon. As Calderon moved from the top to the right side of the court, number 15 moved up from 4 feet away to block Lin and bumped him off with the left side of his hip. Calderon continued to dribble to the right court and passed the ball out.

As far as I know, a screener should have both feet on the ground and not be moving toward the defender and should not touch the defender with his hands deliberately, or a defensive foul would be called.

Should a foul be called on A. Johnson in this case?

Continue to follow my report on Raptors fouls not called that might have helped them win this game today against us.

My posts on this started on #1083 in this thread.

8. just a word

just a word Member

you should collect all these in one place/post, it's kinda difficult to read all scattered like this.

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I agree. Maybe some one on this forum can help.

10. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

You have to also consider that MSG is so packed and loud compared to the quiet Toyota center lol. But damn, watching that video you can clearly see a different Jeremy Lin compared to now. Now he just drives in and has no where to go instead of finishing.

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I am doing the writing and posting as I am now watching a replay on the League Pass.

I might put all my posts on this issue in one post later after I have gone through the replay. Right now I feel a bit exhausted and impatient watching the replay and writing and posting for almost three hours.

To make sure I am reporting correctly on what had actually happened, I would watch the replay of an episode for as many as seven time to find out who the offender was. As I am watching the replay on my iPhone, the number and the face tended to be too small to identify.:rolleyes:

Scrolling through the posting from #1083 in this thread for the exact time as you check the replay may not take you much more time.

Glad you are interested to find out what caused us the game though.

12. just a word

just a word Member

I'm saying this more for the fact that if you want other people to see your effort, if you want to call attention that the refereeing was particularly bad this game, you'd probably want it in a format where it's easy for people to find. Like all collected in a post.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Lin plays off emotion as well. No offense to the Toyota Center but even when the Knicks were terrible the Garden was packed. Where are you gonna play better? Carnegie Hall or your HS recital?

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lin made Calderon look like CP3

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Big game players play better at Carnegie Hall. All the more infuriating that Lin's responsibility is being reduced rather than increased.

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

Only 1 other PG this season has had a more explosive scoring game than Jeremy Lin.

One can only imagine what Lin's stats would be if he played on a terrible team in which he was the main option, a la Kyrie Irving.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guarantee you if Morey had an offer for Kyrie Irving for Lin, he would do it faster than Usain Bolt running a 1 centimeter dash.

18. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

:grin:LOL, I feel sorry for you folks here.

19. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Geraldd...thanks for getting your pc fixed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P076dj7MCbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Before the Harden trade, yes. Morey would get the Kyrie Irving in a lightening speed and trade Lin away right next day.

After we have Harden, a ball-dominant quasi PG, why would Morey want another ball-dominant PG who is not much better than Harden at PG duty? It's not that Irving can instantly become a sharp spot-up shooter and excel without the ball. TBO, I highly doubt Morey would still be interested in any ball-dominant PG after the Harden trade. Finding another big name in the paint is probably his main concern right now.