1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Yes, I think in general we agree. I said the same thing on another page, that Lin cannot just go rogue. Although, I don't really see Harden adjusting. Neither do I see the offense be changed to cater to Lin. I hope I am wrong.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's game. :)

2. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I almost turned it off. Seeing how he was the main go to guy, how he had guys around him that could finish, how well the high picks worked in NYK, compared to now the situation now, is depressing.

3. nono

nono Member

Offense is completely DIY. No movement off the ball, no screens, few assists overall. McHale has made it clear to all the players that they will get no help either guarding their man or scoring the ball in terms of plays being run for them. Early on in the game we kept on giving the ball to Asik and he would either fumble it or blow up the layup. Probably the worst pick and roll big in the league since he can neither catch the ball nor finish hard on the roll.

4. kozmo

kozmo Member

Noon, Osik is a problem....Lin is not a fluke....and this team is not jelling

5. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

It wasn't just JV that was pushing, it was someone else that regularly set screens, was it Amir, I cant remember...

6. dream1222

dream1222 Member

I think they already tried that.
    in McHale system, the PG is the man, he will have the ball on his hand,
    he will get screen for high p&r with everyone else stand in the 3pt line to space the floor him, the pg will put up very good stats (see lowry,Dragic).
    they have tried let lin handle the ball, and they did very well, the problem is, harden is almost invisible on the court.
    either harden or lin can play off-ball in this system...yet...

7. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I can't help but sigh watching Lin playing like a real floor general like in this game.

Lin is capable of playing like this, before and in the future, when he is allowed to, feeling that he is in control of the flow of the game and responsible for the outcome of the team, not just the game.

He won't be at his best when he feels that he is not getting the respect and only playing a supporting role.

Follow me on my posts to come in this thread as I am re-watching the game today against the Raptors. The Rockets lost the game because, I think, of the little dirty tricks the Raptors played when they ran PNRs. Watch what J. Valanciunas and Anderson did to Lin in the first and fourth quarters.

Lin would not get fair assessments on his defensive performance today unless You know what actually happened. Stay tuned.

1 person likes this.
  8. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

we are 8-2 against the East, could be 9-3 after tomorrow night. who knows, strange things happen during each game.:)

9. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I mean 9-2, sorry.

10. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

LOL i dont see it changing either and so we are doomed. they cant get rid of lin because of marketing and that dumb poison pill contract, and harden is "the man"...

knicks are going to KILL rox tom, lets just prepare ourselves. besides the ridiculous home court advantage this year at msg, they were embarrassed in houston the first time around and so will go absolutely nuts on them. melo with 45+ :eek:

also all the asians will come out and cheer lin while the "real" knick fans will boo them. just wait and see. LOF vs LOH in real life :grin:

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

All the Raptors bigs help set screens. Some played fouls without being caught.

It was Anderson blocking Lin with his arm when Lin followed Calderon in the fourth quarter. Anderson was moving when Lin passed him after Calderon.

I am re-watching the game to find out more offensive fouls by the Raptors that had happened in the second half.

Just follow my posts to come in this thread.

12. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

No, Melo would go 5-30, 10 points max.

13. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

lin has never been the PG except vs spurs. even when TD is in, lin isnt the PG, they convert him to SG. this is truly WTH.

14. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Could have been 9-1 against Eastern teams and best of the West, if the Raptors didn't play dirty tricks.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Dude, Asians are just as hostile as anyone else, this isn't Toronto Canada.. New Yorkers are completely opposite don't matter if you Asian or not, the Knicks are their team and I've been following the other NEW YORK team, the Nets and they have a large Asian crowd at those games too... I'm sure Lin will get his fair share of boos just like everyone else...

16. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

At 6:30 in the third, Calderon, with Lin guarding, crossed Johnson's screen on the right side when Johnson walked up to Lin's left without stopping. He then pushed Lin back at least two feet so Lin could not follow Calderon. Calderon scored a two with that.

Offensive foul should be called on Johnson the tallest on court at that moment.

I have spotted at least three illegal pushing with hands by Raptors screener on Harden and Lin up to this point, that resulted in Calderon scored three times for six points.

The refs never called foul on any of these a a number of other minor ones.

No one could guard Calderon with such blatant offensive fouls.

More reports coming up as I continue to watch the replay for more evidences.

My first post on this was #1083 in this thread.

17. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

One of my favorite games from Linsanity. I'm not surprised that the only real game Lin was himself was the Spurs game when Harden sat. Not pointing fingers at Harden...it has more to do with the coaching strategy than anything else.

Put the ball in Lin's hands and trust him to run the team. That's how we see this happen again.

18. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Thanks for confirming this.

19. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

I disagree, Osik did great in SAS game a couple of days ago when Lin was running the game. Lin likes to attack then dump to the big man or whoever is open, like when he was in NY. Current offence is move to left, move to right, shoot 3, or move to left, move to right, move to Harden. This is same as no offence at all.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

At 5:55 in the third quarter, Lin guarding Calderon on left court, Calderson faked shooting without jumping as Lin jumped straight up about four feet away. Lin landed never touching Calderon but a foul was called him.

The replay on screen showed Lin already half turned his back on Calderson and there was about an arm's length between them when Calderon pushed the ball out to touch Lin on his back. Then a foul on Lin was called.

This should have been a flop and Calderson should get a warning for this.

Continue to follow me for more dirty little tricks the Raptors played today tonget the win.

My first post on this started as #1083 in this thread.