1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas signs two year deal in Poland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Rivers

Rivers Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OENjFykO8iU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    New mixtape

2. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I enjoy watching videos on this guy and can't wait to see him in Houston next season. Hope he adds some weight in the off-season to maybe 235-240lbs by next season!!

3. Frozen

Frozen Member

4. omgTHEpotential

He really should take his spots for shots more carefully. But I think that's going to change when he enters NBA and is mentored by top coaches. That's one thing you can definitely change through practice.

However, rebounding doesn't seem to be that thing and I'm very happy he is a consistent, good rebounder this year. Can't wait for him to wear Rockets jersey.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just wanted to point out that the new highlight video posted above doesn't contain any new footage - it's just the video itself that is new, unfortunately.

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I wish he was in the final 4 of the Euro league. If we are trying to see how his skills will fit in the NBA, its too hard to analyse/measure his success in a Polish league.

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If he's a consistent option on offense bring him in!

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uvJ5rTjsNA

I think this video really does a good job at showing his strengths and weakness even though its a few years old it still shows his tendencies. The tendency to play below the rim is sort of a scary sign for Rockets fans who really are sick of having bigs who dont play big. For all those wanting him to play center, you really see here why its just not a natural position for him.

9. dobro1229

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/12/rockets-must-move-on-from-tough-loss-to-utah/

Link to podcast with Gerrson Rosas, at the end of the podcast, Gerrson goes out of his way to bring up an update on Montiejunas.

Said that Montiejunas has weighed in recently at 240 pounds, up from about 215 from when he was drafted.

Said he's on a strategic diet to gain muscle mass, and prepping mostly to get his body ready for the NBA next season.

Thought I would share.

3 people like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sure hope he pans out. For what we gave up, hes a low risk\ high reward guy

12. gah

gah Member

Awesome news, would rep you thrice if I could. A couple of pages back in this thread and you'd think he was still at 215.

13. Convictedstupid

Finally. There was no way he even weighed 220 when we drafted him. Glad they finally decided to get his ass on a scale.

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Maybe we can get him on the same "supplements" that D Wade uses. Allegedly.

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Scola, Patterson, Motiejunas... I gotta think Scola or Patterson has to go to give DMo some burn unless they want to try him at C at which case they don't resign Camby (doubtful) or let Sammy go (more likely).

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

240 is a good weight for a PF. I won't complain if he wants to add another 10-15 pounds, though. He already has a speed and length advantage, adding a strength advantage on top of that would be great.

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

With all the negative stuff, Dallas losing NewYork winning, Dragic leaving, Llull staying this is a bit of great news. Thanks.

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

240 lbs is a good weight for a 21 yr old center. He has proven he can add weight. 10 more pounds should not be a problem.

19. dobro1229

Whether he's a "natural 4" or not doesnt really matter. What matters is who he can guard, and who he can box out for defensive rebounds.

Im probably not going on a limb here by saying that the Center position against the majority of the teams in the NBA might actually be easier for Montiejunas to guard on defense than more skilled Power Forwards. The only problem when putting a smaller more natural PF out on a Center is rebounding, and getting beat up on the post defensively against the minority of NBA centers that are legitimate offensive threats.

I dont think Montiejunas will have much trouble guarding most NBA centers, and collecting rebounds, but there will be the Bynums, Howards, etc. that just straight up dominate him on the post. Most other nights when he's defending NBA centers like say.... a Sam Dalembert type.. it wont be an issue.

The fact is, he gives you enough skill to possibly play both the 4 and the 5 at least offensively. On defense, he should be able to handle the position at least off the bench for the first part of his career.

You can go big with him at the 4, and someone like Camby at the 5. Or put him on the floor with someone like Patterson, and get a completely different look with a team that can run the floor alot better.