1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Motiejunas signs two year deal in Poland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 22, 2011.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He was there for almost 2 months. Two months with a professional team can teach a young player some. Especially if he is getting regular minutes. I bet parsons experience helped him more than Morris' playing the same college level players in one or two summer games. Parsons has not stopped playing yet.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JULyx-wZih8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Nope, he was a mature college player and he played four years, that's why Morey drafted him. He only played 3 games for Cholet in France.

4. Rivers

Rivers Member

Motiejunas scored 100 points

5. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

Let me guess.... April fools? :eek:

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think his overseas experience gave him the confidence that he could compete against NBA starters. He even mentioned it in a interview I think.

7. Rivers

Rivers Member

Can't wait to see Donatas and Jonas running the floor in the NBA next season. Lithuanian Towers.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

As long it isn't an Asian league (where the dudes are like half the size of NBA players), most leagues are way harder than the NCAA, esp. if you're a big man. In the NCAA, you're up against boys coached by recruiters who pretend to be coaches. In a Pro league, you'll be up against grown men with a ton of experience.

9. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

This is a little off the subject, but does anybody know where to find a good roster download of european players for nba 2k12. I'm dying to use motiejunas on next year's squad.

10. Frozen

Frozen Member

11. Alugeris

Alugeris Member

24 pts ([8/16 2pt] [0/2 3pt] [8/14 ft] [off: 4 def: 9 rebounds: 13] [st:1 as:1 to:1 bl:1 pf:1]) in 30 mins.

Kinda poor shooting night for Donatas by European standarts, but still a good performace in a polish league.

12. omgTHEpotential

Again, strong in rebounds - thirteen. Kind of gets you a hard-on when you think this was arguably the main reason he dropped so much in the draft.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

His weak ass is going to get thrown around like a rag doll in the NBA. Needs another year or two to bulk up.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

He already bulked up a lot... I don't think he'll get bullied by NBA power forwards. I wouldn't put him at the 5 right now and expect him to be able to defend high level centers, though.

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

IIRC Gersson Rosas said a few weeks ago that D-Mo was still around 220.

He has added some muscle, but certainly will still need to get stronger, especially waist down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

One cycle of the Rashard Lewis/Dwight Howard workout supplements and he will be good.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I normally enjoy your posts, but I think your arse is hanging over a cliff here. Are you seriously saying that a player from a top program, who's been in it long enough to mean anything (the huge problem colleges have now), is coached by a "recruiter?" It's a different sport, but I'd describe Mack Brown as a "recruiter." The description might fit there. Back to basketball, there are numerous outstanding college coaches, and their players are learning the game, at least if they're in the program long enough.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

How many time have you seen him play this year?

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I hope he gets to play his natural preferred position. I would like too see him build from what we knows instead of taking a step back to learn something new.

IMO this is the prime reason why Jimmer, Vesley and Morris havent been able to adapt.

20. Rivers

Rivers Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/doS5Mc1iYog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>