1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Describe Your Exercise Habits

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Jun 11, 2009.

Tags:
?

Whats your workout like?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2009.
  1. I don't work out, I sit on my ass.

17 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. I work out a little bit, here and there.

49 vote(s)
    39.8%
  3. I work out a good deal, I'm all about staying in shape

45 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. I live at the gym, or my own personal workout space.

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

2. Occassional running, playing sports. Probably 2 times a week.

Situps and pushups every morning though just to wake myself up.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

There's a YMCA joke here somewhere.

EDIT: 2500 posts!! I'm more than 1/22 of the way to passing DaDa!

#42 dharocks, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to stipendlax again. :eek:

Agreed, sir. People have too many excuses to do exercise.

moes... upper body strength? I thought you had it already... what with all those dunks on the court, and stuff...

Don't press the HANDICAP DOOR OPENER button when you get to that building, open the door with your hand.
    Don't use a garage door opener; use your hand.
    Do push-ups every now and then in the office.
    Use the stairs instead of the elevator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    WTF. :( No wonder people are so out of shape.

4. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I live at the gym.

7 days a week. 365 days a year. 1-3 hours a day (longer on weekends)

I am currently on the "Stronglifts" program - so i lift weights on M, W, F - i do cardio and core workouts on the other days.

Prior I have tried the Tiki Barber workout and various "Starting Strength" workouts from the wannabebig.com boards

5. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

i'm gonna sound like a shill - but give stronglifts a serious look.

http://stronglifts.com/

it is all based on starting slow - but increasing weights at each workout...

i am currently near my 5RM for squats - and the workout is intense. this program is going to help me increase my 1RM for squats, bench, and overhead presses

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I don't really work out per se, but I play a little basketball here and there. I'll be doing the treadmill probably after next week and start doing some aerobic exercises to get me in some kinda shape so I can play some basketball again at a normal pace.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hit rough patches here and there and won't go to the gym for a month or two, but usually its 3-4 times a week.

8. mazyar

mazyar Member

WTF indeed. How ironic.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

During the summer I play Ultimate 2-3 a week. The rest of the year 1x per week. I've been doing a few sets of different pull up/leg lift routines with the Iron Gym a couple of times a week for a while now. That's working surprisingly well. I can usually crank out around 14 pull ups on my first set.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm a fat ass and get very little exercise besides shooting some hoops with my 7 year old son.

Any good sites with programs to help you go from fat to fit?

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I live for the gym. I find it as a place to channel some pent up energy. I go about 4 times a week for about 1.5- 2 hours at a time. I will do HIIT cardio for the first 15 minutes and then hit the weights for the rest of the time.

On Sundays, I go to the park and run about 6-7 miles. I can't run like this more often because my knees will start to hurt.

I train with with a group of triathletes actually. But I'm the only one who actually has never competed in a triathlon though. I think physically I would be able to, but mentally I'm not ready as yet. Its the same thing with a full marathon as well. I have done half marathon.

Often times, my friends will ask me how I stay motivated to keep working out day after day, week after week, etc... I tell them to find a reason to go workout other than with the purpose of being stronger, cut or to lose weight. Because if that is your only purpose you will get bored. In all honesty, I like to go work out, because there are alot of cute girls at the gym. I like to go running in the park, because I enjoy being in nature. Other people I know like to work out, because it gets them out of the house and become more sociable.

Find a reason, other than your actual reason to work out. It is very important, b/c you won't get as frustrated when you don't see results from your workout initially. It will make things more enjoyable and you won't burn out.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I do yoga twice a week, an hour.

I weight train 3 times per week, typically an hour.

I bike/swim the other 3 days, typically 45 minutes for swimming, 1.5 hours for biking.

Take sunday off.

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I workout 3-4 times a week for about an hour or so..

I do weights mostly, sometimes i will run at the park with my gf

Chilcutt

15. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

Kettlebells for 40 to 50 minutes in the driveway Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. HIIT on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

16. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

About a month ago Guitar Hero, Rock band, and Gears of war. :eek:
    I've been going to the track, doing at least 2 miles for almost 2 weeks.

(since there is nothing else to do in summer school, why not :rolleyes: :D :eek: )

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

A year ago was my worst point and I always thought of myself as being in shape, but reality was the vacation pics from last summer...But one thing that has got me "back in the game", has been getting my daughters in soccer. I have coached and now that my youngest is in select soccer, I am doing some of the conditioning drills myself...

I use to do weights alot, but now it's mainly conditioning to keep my shape and esteem up. My wife also has gotten back some sharper curves that she didn't have since her early 20's...I definitely suggest conditioning/cardio every other day.

18. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I pretty much workout 7 days a week...when I don't, I feel guilty and feel out of energy/shape...I do get burned out at times, but I suck it up...It's about to be broken as my kids are coming up for the summer and I'll have to go about 4-5 days instead...

I've been do a "get big" workout that I picked up here a while back and can definitely tell I'm thicker but I run a lot too, so it's a constant balance...I take 3-4 classes of high impact cardio classes a week..try to play racquetball 1 a week and run 2-3 miles another day during the week...

I know, I'm nucking futs...but my gym rocks and is my stress reliever...plus the ladies are hot...

19. Prince

Prince Member

i like to lift weights like a bottle of Corona and glass of wine.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Best reason to make that tough trip to the gym.. ;)